Mond27

I129-F form filled out incorrectlt

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

I have been waiting for our noa 2 since forever and while waiting I decided to check the forms that were sent to USCIS and upon checking I saw some errors. This was filled out by a lawyer btw.

1) My petioner’s employer’s addess was right it’s just that on that particular page they forgot to indicate the state where he lives. Just the state.

2) My employer’s name was spelled incorrectly 

3) All of my additinal information such as address and employers for the past 5 years were not indicated on the i129 F form but they attached the g325-A (this form was filled out correctly) is it okay that they didnt include that but attached the g325-A instead?

4) lastly on the affidavit of support, theres a part there that you have to put the date when your petitioner resided in the US. And they were not able to indicate the date.

I really am having a headache right now. Are we going to receive an RFE for this? Thanks!

1. Shouldn't be an issue, but worst case they issue an RFE to fix it.
  2. Same as #1...except even less likely to be an issue.
  3. The G-325A hasn't been used for a new filing since early 2017.
    1. This may result in an RFE as well. IO's discretion.
  4. The affidavit of support is not provided with the I-129F and is therefore not reviewed with it. This is presented at the embassy interview.
21 minutes ago, Margeee said:

This was filled out by a lawyer btw.

Sorry, but your lawyer made a few 101 mistakes (G-325A + I-134). Nothing is "serious" based on what you've stated, though. The other items are minor, but sometimes this kind of stuff gets lost when dealing with a 3rd party.

There's no way to know if you will or won't get an RFE for the above items. The IO may request the missing fields to be completed. They may not have an issue with it.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:
  1. Shouldn't be an issue, but worst case they issue an RFE to fix it.
  2. Same as #1...except even less likely to be an issue.
  3. The G-325A hasn't been used for a new filing since early 2017.
    1. This may result in an RFE as well. IO's discretion.
  4. The affidavit of support is not provided with the I-129F and is therefore not reviewed with it. This is presented at the embassy interview.

Sorry, but your lawyer made a few 101 mistakes (G-325A + I-134). Nothing is "serious" based on what you've stated, though. The other items are minor, but sometimes this kind of stuff gets lost when dealing with a 3rd party.

There's no way to know if you will or won't get an RFE for the above items. The IO may request the missing fields to be completed. They may not have an issue with it.

@geowrian really? So the affidavit is not yet needed for filing the I-129 F? 

1 minute ago, Margeee said:

@geowrian really? So the affidavit is not yet needed for filing the I-129 F? 

Correct. The contents on it + evidence to support it would very likely be outdated by the time they need it anyway (since the I-129F is taking 6-8+ months currently).

Overall, I wouldn't worry about it. The unnecessary documents will be ignored. Worst case they issue an RFE for the missing fields on the I-129F itself...which is a simple fix. Best case they approve it without an issue.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Correct. The contents on it + evidence to support it would very likely be outdated by the time they need it anyway (since the I-129F is taking 6-8+ months currently).

Overall, I wouldn't worry about it. The unnecessary documents will be ignored. Worst case they issue an RFE for the missing fields on the I-129F itself...which is a simple fix. Best case they approve it without an issue.

Thank you so much for this. 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Margeee said:

Hi all,

I have been waiting for our noa 2 since forever and while waiting I decided to check the forms that were sent to USCIS and upon checking I saw some errors. This was filled out by a lawyer btw.

1) My petioner’s employer’s addess was right it’s just that on that particular page they forgot to indicate the state where he lives. Just the state.

2) My employer’s name was spelled incorrectly 

3) All of my additinal information such as address and employers for the past 5 years were not indicated on the i129 F form but they attached the g325-A (this form was filled out correctly) is it okay that they didnt include that but attached the g325-A instead?

4) lastly on the affidavit of support, theres a part there that you have to put the date when your petitioner resided in the US. And they were not able to indicate the date.

I really am having a headache right now. Are we going to receive an RFE for this? Thanks!

Not a very competent lawyer then. Worst case scenario, you will get an RFE and it could set your application back by a few weeks up to 60 days when the time comes around. Nothing you can do now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.