Jihera

Child's last name issue

6 posts in this topic

Hello. Mabuhay! 

Isa po akong Pilipino na naka Petition ng aking adoptive parents. May anak po ako na naka Apelyido sa kanyang Tatay (Illegitimate). 5years old. Hindi ko po kasama ang tatay ng anak ko. At wala din support sa anak ko.

Nais ko pong malaman kung madadala ko po ang anak ko sa USA ng walang problema?  Ano po ba ang aking dapat gawin o ayusin na papel para po hindi ako magkaroon ng aberya sa dadating na panahon.

At kung manatili na po kami sa USA. Maaari bang baguhin ng LAW ng USA na mapalitan ang apelyido ng anak ko?  Sa pilipinas kasi ay 18years old  ay puwede ka mag File sa court, ayon po sa nabasa ko.

Maraming Salamat po.

Though your native language is allowed here but the number of ppl that has your answer dwindles considerably. You might post in English to reach a broader source of ppl to answer your question.:thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Closely translated (I hope ;)  )

Hello. Mabuhay!

I am one of the Filipinos already in the petition of my adoptive parents. I have a son who is a Surname with his Dad (Illegitimate). 5years old. I'm not with my son's dad. And there is no support for my child.

I want to know if I can bring my child to the USA without problems? What should I do for a paper so I will not be at a loss in the future.

And if we stay in the USA. Can the US LAW change the name of my child's last name? In the Philippines since 18years old you can file in court, according to what I read.

Thank you very much.

1st thing I would suggest is getting the birth certificate corrected IN the Philippines (this process starts at the local registry where the child's birth certificate was first recorded).      You were never married to the father?

Question.   How old are you?    

Next Question.   Are your adoptive parents USC?

>>   Can you bring your son to the USA?   General answer ... yes.    .. with an "if" on how that would be accomplished, depending on the status of your adoptive parents and such.     Lots of variables.  

Can you correct his name once in the USA .. sure, how it is accomplished will vary by state.   Talk to an attorney when that day arrives.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

1st thing I would suggest is getting the birth certificate corrected IN the Philippines.      You were never married to the father?

Question.   How old are you?    

Next Question.   Are your adoptive parents USC?

>>   Can you bring your son to the USA?   General answer ... yes.    .. with an "if" on how that would be accomplished, depending on the status of your adoptive parents and such.     Lots of variables.  

Can you correct his name once in the USA .. sure, how it is accomplished will vary by state.   Talk to an attorney when that day arrives.

"I am 24. Not married to my son's father."

My parents has their green card. 

Is my son's last name can be a problem? I can't change his last name because of the illegitimate law here in the Philippines. PSA They are not helping. Maybe a lawyer. 

Thankyou for your answer

2 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jihera said:

My parents has their green card. 

Is my son's last name can be a problem? I can't change his last name because of the illegitimate law here in the Philippines. PSA They are not helping. Maybe a lawyer. 

Thankyou for your answer

It is not a big deal leaving the BC as is, I just thought it might be easier changing the name while in the Phils.   Leave that one as is and handle it later then is my 

Ok your parents are LPR/green card holders .. that opens up an option for you to add your son to YOUR petition as a derivative.   (couldn't do this if they were USC)

At what stage is your visa process?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 5 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.