Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, E & J 2018 said:

This show has become unbearable to watch.... They are making immigrants look like a bunch users and liars and Americans look incredibly stupid...…  I turned it off last night in disgust. This is just my opinion...… 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Which show?

There are now so many shows and spinoff I am having a hard time keeping up.

I watched the "Other Way" and yes it appears as if the majority of the 4 couples fit into that description you described, The Americans certainly do looked stupid and foolish, and the non Americans were not painted with a good image for the most part.  I found the show entertaining.

ChickBoy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

Which show?

There are now so many shows and spinoff I am having a hard time keeping up.

I watched the "Other Way" and yes it appears as if the majority of the 4 couples fit into that description you described, The Americans certainly do looked stupid and foolish, and the non Americans were not painted with a good image for the most part.  I found the show entertaining.

All of them!!! The best one is the pillow talk..... At least on this show they show the insanity of these couples.....

On 6/2/2019 at 6:12 PM, JFH said:

And even contemplating relinquishing US citizenship, thus losing her entitlement to SSI and meaning that she will not be able to move back here without an immigrant visa, all for a man 30 years younger than her, who catfished her and whom she has never met in person. 

Why is she contemplating relinquishing US citizenship?  There are plenty of US ex-pats who move oversees and live there and collect social security.  

On 6/3/2019 at 3:55 AM, Falcon Cara said:

How did Annie get a visa to the USA? 

They admit she worked in Karaoke Bar in Thailand, and those are only undercover for a sex club or brothel.  Google Thailand Karoke or KTV Bars Thailand.

I thought  you would be banned for working as a prostitute and trying to come to the USA

Do you think she would have admitted it in the paperwork?  LOL

4 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

Why is she contemplating relinquishing US citizenship?  There are plenty of US ex-pats who move oversees and live there and collect social security.  

I got an Indian buddy who just became a US Citizen, he took a long time to do it,  he told me he had to relinquish his Indian Citizenship and he really didn't want to do that.

I am thinking in her case she would have to be Indian citizen in order to work there, but I have no clue about India and or their immigration policies. 

If you do the math she was born in 1957,  On the show it said  her age was 60, Now of days she is almost old enough at age 62 to collect.  I guess they are about a year behind on production and showing the show. 

I would never give up my US citizenship, and darn sure I wouldn't move somewhere where I couldn't collect my SS when it is time.

ChickBoy

18 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

Do you think she would have admitted it in the paperwork?  LOL

No, but they have admitted it freely on the show she worked and they met in Karaoke bar.

Looks like someone might look into that, because I remember on the DS-160 is ask if you have been engaged in prostitution. I would assume lying might have some kind of negative outcome on the greencard.

ChickBoy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, E & J 2018 said:

This show has become unbearable to watch.... They are making immigrants look like a bunch users and liars and Americans look incredibly stupid...…  I turned it off last night in disgust. This is just my opinion...… 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

the drama makes for ratings and $$$. afterall, no one would want to watch me and paul and our boring life, or anyone else who went to the time and expense to spend time in person together (not on vacation) and truly knew each other before moving/getting married. 

id bet you find a lot of the same issues in american couples (or any nationality) that rush to get married or move in before truly knowing the other. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Falcon Cara said:

I got an Indian buddy who just became a US Citizen, he took a long time to do it,  he told me he had to relinquish his Indian Citizenship and he really didn't want to do that.

I am thinking in her case she would have to be Indian citizen in order to work there, but I have no clue about India and or their immigration policies. 

If you do the math she was born in 1957,  On the show it said  her age was 60, Now of days she is almost old enough at age 62 to collect.  I guess they are about a year behind on production and showing the show. 

I would never give up my US citizenship, and darn sure I wouldn't move somewhere where I couldn't collect my SS when it is time.

i have a very short list of countries i would even CONSIDER moving to. 

india is not among them LOL 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

50 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

India does not allow dual citizenship. If she wants to become an Indian citizen, she has to relinquish her US citizenship.

2 hours ago, Eric-Pris said:

Because India does not allow dual citizenship and she - for whatever reason - wants to take Indian citizenship.

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

4 hours ago, rrobin0609 said:

India does not allow dual citizenship. If she wants to become an Indian citizen, she has to relinquish her US citizenship.

3 hours ago, JFH said:

Because India does not allow dual citizenship and she - for whatever reason - wants to take Indian citizenship.

Wow, talk about desperation.  She's willing to renounce her US citizenship for a guy she's never even met.  

What about the other couples on the "other way" show?  Losers galore. 

The worst is the Mormon guy who wants to move to Ecuador because he gave his girlfriend his life savings ($40k) to invest in "properties" for their future---in Ecuador??? :rofl:, to buy a car, and something else.  He sends her money on a regular basis too.  So he has no choice but to move there since she doesn't want to move to the US.  And she doesn't want to work, have kids (and he does), and yet he's willing to do all this.  She seems to be using him to live a comfortable life on her terms, not having to compromise at all now that she has his whole bankroll. 

The funniest part was when his family asked her if she had ever been around Mormons.  She told a story about how her family used to say that Mormons are devil worshipers and to not open the door for them.  That it was some kind of cult.  That had me cracking up seeing his family's faces.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

Wow, talk about desperation.  She's willing to renounce her US citizenship for a guy she's never even met.  

They have meet in person. She stayed with him and his parents for 4 months before hand. 

Just now, Kay&Epi said:

They have meet in person. She stayed with him and his parents for 4 months before hand. 

Oh, I missed that part, and somebody on this thread said that they hadn't.  

Still she's pretty desperate.  But at her age, she doesn't have any suitors younger than her in the US so a young foreigner who wants to come to the US (eventually i'm sure is his plan) is her only shot.

4 hours ago, rrobin0609 said:

Why would she even need Indian citizenship?  I can't imagine it is too difficult to get some type of residency there.