Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think I would have more respect for Jon if he would approach his past more along the lines of, "I did some stupid stuff, it was wrong, I'm not proud of it, I was young and dumb" opposed to "IT'S BECAUSE OF HERE I GREW UP AND LIFE WAS TOUGH AND YOU HAD TO FIGHT JUST TO SURVIVE". Dude. A lot of people grow up in rough neighborhoods. Not all of them grow up to beat up any and everyone as an adult. Stop making excuses, acknowledge your poor decisions in life, and move on. Be a better person. And he keeps supporting his short temper/fuse on this show, which doesn't help him any.

As annoying as Jesse and Darcey are, I have to say I was happy with their conclusion on the Tell All. And for the first time, I agreed with the host with saying "let's leave it at that", instead of trying to incite more drama and awkward, uncomfortable conversations with her ridiculous, nonsense commentary she usually falls back on. Those two are so messed up. They both thrive on victim mentalities and just HAVE to have the last word. I do have to say, I really don't blame Jesse for his reaction when the USC panel started ripping him apart, knowing he was on set, and he was not gifted the opportunity to defend himself, until he threatened to leave. That isn't fair to make someone sit backstage singled out and have everyone bashing him. Coming out and making eye contact and shaking hands with everyone kind of made me laugh. Nice touch.

Rachel. We get it. It's sO uNfAiR. Please stop saying this. And I read somewhere once that the couples that appear on the show, the USC gets paid $1000 per episode (beneficiary can't get paid since they can't legally get paid for work in the US). They get an extra amount for the Tell Alls. So, considering TLC paid for their wedding festivities in the UK, and Rachel is getting paid for their participation, they would have more than enough to pay for the process. And the application itself is not a total sum of the whole process - even for single parents, $500+/- can be saved up relatively quickly if you make an effort. She keeps citing "absurd amounts", insinuating it's almost impossible to afford. Is it cheap? No. But people in worse financial situations have figured it out, so they can, too. I'm pretty sure there are lawyer fees involved, and perhaps that's what she's referring to, since she had to seek counsel about Jon's situation. But don't present that as symptomatic of the process itself - it's symptomatic of your husband making poor choices and having a criminal background.

No words for good ol' Georgia Peach. She is the nuttiest of them all, and the Tell All made her look soooo bad. She's mid 50s and trying to pick a physical fight with someone 20+ years younger than her, over.....??? Nothing. She's so rude and disrespectful. But I have a feeling this won't be the last we see of her - she's good for TV. She's walking drama.

PAUL PAUL PAUL. STILL with the DNA test??? Though I kind of feel like it was a staged part of the show. The comments were so oddly placed in the conversation, and the "tension" between him and Karine felt awkward and forced. The show's admitted to staging particular conversations during the regular episodes for effect, so who's to say they don't do the same for the Tell All. Also - is it just me, or did Karine look like her old self? Throughout this season, she has looked so rough to me. Aside from the shorter hair (which is really cute on her), I felt like she looked like Season 1 Karine again.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

So Rachel’s latest Instagram oust is a countdown to their next meeting “1 month 4 weeks until I next see my husband” or something like that. I’m tempted to reply with “looking at mine right now” with some stupid hashtag like “nocriminalrecordmeansnovisadenial”.

So, she can afford a plane ticket to the U.K. but can’t afford $535 for the I-130.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
10 hours ago, JFH said:

So Rachel’s latest Instagram oust is a countdown to their next meeting “1 month 4 weeks until I next see my husband” or something like that. I’m tempted to reply with “looking at mine right now” with some stupid hashtag like “nocriminalrecordmeansnovisadenial”.

So, she can afford a plane ticket to the U.K. but can’t afford $535 for the I-130.

I feel like she kind of enjoys being in the situation. Like, she enjoys being able to go on this whole "OMG I'M BEING KEPT APART FROM MY HUSBAND" rant and have people feel sorry for her. Don't get me wrong, nobody probably complains more than I did while my fiancé-at-the-time and I were apart. I was miserable. But she almost comes off as a martyr.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

12 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I feel like she kind of enjoys being in the situation. Like, she enjoys being able to go on this whole "OMG I'M BEING KEPT APART FROM MY HUSBAND" rant and have people feel sorry for her. Don't get me wrong, nobody probably complains more than I did while my fiancé-at-the-time and I were apart. I was miserable. But she almost comes off as a martyr.

I agree. She seems to enjoy the suffering. She reminds me of a “friend” of mine who always has to have some illness or another. I’ve lost count of all the illnesses she’s had this year. Rachel likes the sympathy and attention it brings. Not one of us enjoyed the process. I cried many times too. But I never felt the process was unfair. Frustrating, yes. Slow, yes. Expensive, yes. Unfair, never. I’m mature enough to know that there are many more applications than USCIS can realistically cope with, there are many fraudulent applications that need to be weeded out and there are stringent requirements in place as immigration USCs privilege, not a right.  

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

New train wrecks start tonight!! 

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Colt OMG! He's like another Pole 😂😂

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, Tinman71 said:

I've watched a few episodes it makes all k1''s look bad to the general public. Personally I think the meeting once in person part is crazy. I drive 750 miles every 3to 4 weeks to be with Debbie. I know that's not possible for overseas relationships but meeting once for a vacation in paradise doesn't get you ready for the real world 

you know you love my binge watching marathons of it when youre home so i can yell at the tv with you lololol admit it, youve got sucked in just like i did after all my hemming and hawing over it :P

anyways, all these new people are f******. And what gives with the dude kicking his KID out so new step mama he doesnt even really KNOW and her kid can move in? move to a bigger place! you dont kick your KID out! Paul and I bought a house last year because my old one would have been WAY too small for all of us! But i guess if they were normal couples, who KNOW each other, have spent time being boring together and living mundane life together, it wouldnt make good tv. No one wants to watch me and tinman (paul) up there go to the grocery store and home depot, drink beer and cook dinner and go to bed at 9pm. its just not interesting and theres no drama lol

re: jesse and darcy - i think the problem is that (1) they are just NOT compatible (did they even LIKE each other?) and (2) you have two very dominant personalities together and that wont work. Theyre BOTH trying to take charge and thats a recipe for disaster.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:40 PM, JFH said:

I agree. She seems to enjoy the suffering. She reminds me of a “friend” of mine who always has to have some illness or another. I’ve lost count of all the illnesses she’s had this year. Rachel likes the sympathy and attention it brings. Not one of us enjoyed the process. I cried many times too. But I never felt the process was unfair. Frustrating, yes. Slow, yes. Expensive, yes. Unfair, never. I’m mature enough to know that there are many more applications than USCIS can realistically cope with, there are many fraudulent applications that need to be weeded out and there are stringent requirements in place as immigration USCs privilege, not a right.  

Exactly! I know it's easy to judge sitting on the other side now and not being at the starting line like they are anymore, but I can genuinely sit here today, being married to and living with my partner, that I never once felt it was a matter of unfairness. It was exhausting. Stressful. Expensive. Time consuming. Frustrating. Sad. But not unfair. Just like you said - within my frustration, I knew the reality of what we DECIDED to do. Meaning nobody made us take this journey. Just like nobody made them. And we were well aware we were not the only ones out there doing this, and ALSO know what kind of people are out there that have made the system so convoluted.

13 hours ago, JFH said:

We see it on this forum all the time, not just on the tv show. I know that my husband and I had an unusually high number of visits prior to my moving here (over 40 - considering I had an ocean to cross each time that's a high number), but there is no way I could agree to marry someone after a week on a honeymoon-type vacation. Molly in the previous series said "Luis thought he was coming here to live with "vacation Molly" and he wasn't prepared for "going to work Molly", "looking after the kids Molly"'. This hit the nail on the head for me. During my visits my husband carried on going to work and we spent the time as a regular married couple, not holed up in a hotel room, living off room service. When he was at work, I did homemaker-type things. I went grocery shopping, went to the library, cut coupons, etc. He saw the real me, not the "vacation me". 

I often see threads on the "major changes" forum where people say "since he/she arrived he/she has changed". Often they haven't. They just didn't know each other properly and now they are seeing the real person. He/she was always like this. 

FACTS.

My husband and I visited one another numerous times before we even applied, and we knew those visits were like "honeymoon phase" type visits. You're in vacation mode. Even though he was staying with me when he was here and I was working and living my normal life, particularly when he'd come for lengthy visits like two months at once - it still wasn't "real life". You aren't paying bills together or handling general headaches, like car repairs or other unexpected issues together. Of course I'd always vent to him and go to him for advice with things that happened here, even when he was back in Sweden. It was just automatic. But it's still not the same. The last time he visited, he was here two and a half months and we knew it was the last trip before we filed - we had the paperwork ready for me to mail off once he left. We intentionally tried to be as "real" as possible. He made a great effort to jump into the day to day things, like yard work, mowing the grass, running the errands, even paying some of the bills manually. It's true what they say - you really don't know someone until you get them in a high-stress situation to see how they handle it. Most of these people have never seen one another outside of Fantasy Island mode.

Håll ut, y'all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't believe that this show has been around for 6 seasons. I can't wait to see the train wrecks on this season.

Have to say that I am not a fan of Jon/Fernanda. He seems like a complete dbag with his child bride and the fact that he got her fake boobs..um yeah cause nothing says I love you more than I'm buying store bought for you. The ex gf panties seemed planted and super contrived to start drama. Dude seriously, you don't have a bed in your house...um hello stay at a hotel for a couple of nights then.

Ashley and Jay is another Luis and Molly waiting to happen. He is too young and immature for her. Um bragging that he lost his virginity at 8 years old. Honey, that is called child sexual abuse. I would not be bragging about that.

Colt is a weirdo. Straight up serial killer weirdo. I cannot wait to see what goes down between his mother and Larissa.

Let the drama begin!!

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 9/28/2018 at 12:12 AM, JFH said:

What’s with the big age gaps all the time? The Russian - American couple and the Brazilian - American couple are the same age but the others all have quite a gap, and the stereotypical older white American female, younger foreign male and the older white American male and the much younger Asian female. Previous seasons have followed the same pattern. 

I’m wondering when they’re going to have a same-sex couple?

The age gap thing drives me crazy!!

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

21 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

Colt OMG! He's like another Pole 😂😂

I think he's better.  He's even more of a mama's boy than Pole.  He dresses his cats in dresses.  #######?

The way he was talking about his mother was just creepy. 

I'm pretty sure he's gay.  And the Brazilian chick he's importing is way too desperate to com to the US.

She was approved for the k-1, so bobo bought a plane ticket.  And now she hasn't gotten her visa in time, and now he has to reschedule it.  He's complaining about change fees, so he rebooked for 2 weeks later.  But the next day or two, she got her visa and tells hgim that he can book her flight.  But he breaks the news that he already re-booked her for 2 weeks out.  And she freaks out.  She is really really too desperate to come to the US.  The sooner she comes, the sooner she'll leave him to find a real man.

Seems that all these immigrants think that they hit the jackpot but unbeknownst to them, they are coming to live barely above poverty.

Then there's the guy who's 31 and is bringing his 19 year old Mexican vacation one night stand.  And he lives like a pig.  The apartment is disgusting and is a complete mess.  To add insult to injury, his love goes snooping in his dresser and finds a women's thong in one drawer.  First he tried to convince her that it was her own.  Then said that he hasn't opened that drawer in 3-4 years and it's an ex-girlfriend's.  Stupid and lazy.

The Somoan couple will be boring so nothing to say about them. 

The guy bringing the Indonesian woman is a complete moron.  First, the woman seems to be pretty well off in Indonesia.  She has personal chef, driver, maids, servants.  So she must think that she's moving to a better life.  That will be interesting when she sees his small 2 bedroom apartment that he shares with his 19 year old daughter with whom he splits expenses.  And the woman is bringing her kid, so with not enough room, he's kicking his own daughter out to make room for the step kid.  Btw, he's 40 but looks 60.

And the older average looking blonde with younger Jamaican we've seen before.  Melanie and Devar all over again.  Next!

8 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

F

22 hours ago, JFH said:

We see it on this forum all the time, not just on the tv show. I know that my husband and I had an unusually high number of visits prior to my moving here (over 40 - considering I had an ocean to cross each time that's a high number), but there is no way I could agree to marry someone after a week on a honeymoon-type vacation. Molly in the previous series said "Luis thought he was coming here to live with "vacation Molly" and he wasn't prepared for "going to work Molly", "looking after the kids Molly"'. This hit the nail on the head for me. During my visits my husband carried on going to work and we spent the time as a regular married couple, not holed up in a hotel room, living off room service. When he was at work, I did homemaker-type things. I went grocery shopping, went to the library, cut coupons, etc. He saw the real me, not the "vacation me". 

I often see threads on the "major changes" forum where people say "since he/she arrived he/she has changed". Often they haven't. They just didn't know each other properly and now they are seeing the real person. He/she was always like this. 

FACTS.

My husband and I visited one another numerous times before we even applied, and we knew those visits were like "honeymoon phase" type visits. You're in vacation mode. Even though he was staying with me when he was here and I was working and living my normal life, particularly when he'd come for lengthy visits like two months at once - it still wasn't "real life". You aren't paying bills together or handling general headaches, like car repairs or other unexpected issues together. Of course I'd always vent to him and go to him for advice with things that happened here, even when he was back in Sweden. It was just automatic. But it's still not the same. The last time he visited, he was here two and a half months and we knew it was the last trip before we filed - we had the paperwork ready for me to mail off once he left. We intentionally tried to be as "real" as possible. He made a great effort to jump into the day to day things, like yard work, mowing the grass, running the errands, even paying some of the bills manually. It's true what they say - you really don't know someone until you get them in a high-stress situation to see how they handle it. Most of these people have never seen one another outside of Fantasy Island mode.

I totally agree with both of you on this and that is why for one of visits to the Philippines I stayed almost 30 days. That visit alone assured to me that she was the one for me. If you spend 30 days that together then you can tell if the crazy comes out or not and if your compatible with each other. Most people and even other Filipinos are surprised that I have been to the Philippines 8 times now. 

The honeymoon phase for us was when we first met while living in Qatar and it was a honeymoon period then or just 2 people physically attracted to one another. But luckily we have moved beyond that phase and onto real life.