Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, lucybelle said:

I am so sick of Rachel & Jon's "woe is me" speech.  Guess what Jon, when you have a criminal background there are consequences.  It's not "unfair" it's the way the world works.  Get over it and get a good lawyer.  Not one of those POS rent-a-lawyers they always have on the show that always know NOTHING about immigration

Me too! So sick to the back teeth of Rachel and Jon and all this "unfair that we can't be together" speech. Even couples with no criminal records between them can't "just be together". There's a process to follow and we all have to follow it. They act like they invented love and that no one else ever felt like that. 

The only thing stopping her from moving to England (and the process is much quicker than the K-1 or CR-1) is her lifestyle choices. People who share custody have moved overseas before. And there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't be approved after a waiver has been filed.  

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

27 minutes ago, JFH said:

Me too! So sick to the back teeth of Rachel and Jon and all this "unfair that we can't be together" speech. Even couples with no criminal records between them can't "just be together". There's a process to follow and we all have to follow it. They act like they invented love and that no one else ever felt like that. 

The only thing stopping her from moving to England (and the process is much quicker than the K-1 or CR-1) is her lifestyle choices. People who share custody have moved overseas before. And there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't be approved after a waiver has been filed.  

She apparently had 2 Go Fund Me pages moaning to strangers  about how she couldn't afford to go to the UK to meet Jon. Rumor has it, it raised over $1,800.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/90-day-fiance-jon-rachel-scandal-164510

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

1 hour ago, Enas said:

Any Muslim country allows a man up to 4 four wives doesn't necessarily mean all Muslim men marry 4 women. 

But that intriguing thing is she's a stripper how do you tell your Muslim parents "Yea she use to take her clothes off for money now I want to marry her." Now that I want to see 

The key thing that I learned while living in the MENA region was that the vast majority that have 4 wives are either really poor or really well off. This is because according to the Koran the husband must treat the women equally. So usually it's easier to to give each wife equal parts if they are rich or poor. 

Rickey's new Colombiana was laying that Colombian drama on thick when he told her about Melissa.  Acting all hurt just to hang it over his head for the rest of their lives since true love last forever, especially 2nd fiddle true love that is born out of rejection of the 1st true love.

He's done.

11 hours ago, Eric-Pris said:

Rickey's new Colombiana was laying that Colombian drama on thick when he told her about Melissa.  Acting all hurt just to hang it over his head for the rest of their lives since true love last forever, especially 2nd fiddle true love that is born out of rejection of the 1st true love.

We call that "Head Games"

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/17/2018 at 5:43 PM, Mary Lou said:

She apparently had 2 Go Fund Me pages moaning to strangers  about how she couldn't afford to go to the UK to meet Jon. Rumor has it, it raised over $1,800.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/90-day-fiance-jon-rachel-scandal-164510

OMG! How do they expect to afford the immigration process AND supporting him while he waits to work (assuming they get K1) if they can't even afford to visit!? So ridiculous. 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

5 hours ago, KozmicBlues said:

OMG! How do they expect to afford the immigration process AND supporting him while he waits to work (assuming they get K1) if they can't even afford to visit!? So ridiculous. 

Exactly!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, Enas said:

Because abusers love feeling powerful. I'm sure he knows that she seeks his attention and he may act like he doesn't like it but he does. It's an ego boost for him. That's why he's always saying "I'm done I'm leaving." Because he knows she'll kiss he's feet just for him to stay but that one time she said she was was done he lost it because an abuser can't stand losing that power over someone. He's that type of guy that if you tell him he did something wrong he'll flip it on you and make it seem like you did something wrong not him. 

On the nose! I used to be Team Jesse, but I'm really beginning to think he's a typical alpha male with a control complex. I thought the same thing after all his "I'm done I'm leaving!" tantrums... just to come back every time. And not only come back, but make it sound every time like he is doing her a favor by doing so. "Because Darcey admitted she's wrong, or because Darcey is working on herself, etc." instead if acknowledging what HE needs to work on. I saw in the preview for next week he's coming back to end it with her - I REALLY hope he is, because they are very volatile together.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:59 PM, JFH said:

I thought it was a bullet-proof vest.

LOL I said the same thing to my husband - "why is he dressed like a security guard?" My husband had to explain to me it was his little cooling jacket.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, JFH said:

“I’m not ok with open relationships” says the girl who get pregnant by someone else whilst “in a relationship” with Jon. 

YESSS THIS. I said the same thing! I was like "Didn't you have a baby with someone you weren't in a serious relationship with...while you were talking to Jon??"

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:23 PM, lucybelle said:

I am so sick of Rachel & Jon's "woe is me" speech.  Guess what Jon, when you have a criminal background there are consequences.  It's not "unfair" it's the way the world works.  Get over it and get a good lawyer.  Not one of those POS rent-a-lawyers they always have on the show that always know NOTHING about immigration.

OMG same. I just wanna be like - You are NOT special. It's not fair? You're in this situation because of BOTH of your lifestyle choices - too many fights, and her kids. Since she can't move to England or visit more because of her kids. That isn't anyone's fault but theirs. And thousands of people go through this, kids or criminal backgrounds or not.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

22 hours ago, KozmicBlues said:

Just like many others on this forum I guess...go for the K-1 because it’s 6 weeks faster and then whine that they don’t have enough money, delay filing AOS or request an expedite on the EAD. When all along, for most of then, there was an alternative. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JFH said:

Just like many others on this forum I guess...go for the K-1 because it’s 6 weeks faster and then whine that they don’t have enough money, delay filing AOS or request an expedite on the EAD. When all along, for most of then, there was an alternative. 

Yea that's true! I did K1 and in retrospect I definitely wish we would've gone the spouse visa route instead, even though I knew all of the pros/cons upfront. We were prepared financially for my husband to not work for those 4-6 months while waiting for EAD, but it was still extremely frustrating to wait for it and for my husband to have to sit around bored out of his mind! If finances were an issue then we would not have pursued the K1. I have no clue how people who can't afford a plane ticket can afford this process.

I think people just focus so much on being together in the QUICKEST way possible, but fail to see the big picture and what makes sense in the long run. If the USC cannot easily support 2 people on their own salary or the immigrant doesn't have a huge amount of savings, then K1 shouldn't even be an option. 

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered "Man.... Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."

- The Dalai Lama

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 9/16/2018 at 7:23 PM, lucybelle said:

I am so sick of Rachel & Jon's "woe is me" speech.  Guess what Jon, when you have a criminal background there are consequences.  It's not "unfair" it's the way the world works.  Get over it and get a good lawyer.  Not one of those POS rent-a-lawyers they always have on the show that always know NOTHING about immigration.

Agreed!   What K1 or CR1 couple HASN'T gone through a long waiting period???  It annoys me to see people make their own problems - and then cry about it.  SHE chose a guy in the UK - who had 60 fights - a criminal record - who was kicked out of university - who lives at home with mum - who was denied a visa (ESTA).  They used a GoFundMe just to buy airline tickets.  She took her 8 month old and didn't think to get a hotel (money problems?).  Has she THOUGHT about income requirements needed for sponsoring an immigrant spouse??  A single mom with 2 kids.  That will undoubtedly be ANOTHER "unfair" moment of discovery.   Maybe daddy can co-sponsor Jon.  And let's not talk about the fees.... 

Edited by Jon&Margz

3 hours ago, Jon&Margz said:

Agreed!   What K1 or CR1 couple HASN'T gone through a long waiting period???  It annoys me to see people make their own problems - and then cry about it.  SHE chose a guy in the UK - who had 60 fights - a criminal record - who was kicked out of university - who lives at home with mum - who was denied a visa (ESTA).  They used a GoFundMe just to buy airline tickets.  She took her 8 month old and didn't think to get a hotel (money problems?).  Has she THOUGHT about income requirements needed for sponsoring an immigrant spouse??  A single mom with 2 kids.  That will undoubtedly be ANOTHER "unfair" moment of discovery.   Maybe daddy can co-sponsor Jon.  And let's not talk about the fees.... 

I think in UK the beneficiary can be the sponsor

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Jon is more or less a garbage man, not sure how well that pays in the UK. He pays the childcare for Lucy, but that's a far cry from being able to sponsor yourself, seeing as he is living with mommy.

Edited by Mary Lou

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

INSIDE SCOOP:   This week a US attorney advises Jon and Rachel a spouse visa is a stronger approach (versus K1) and because of his convictions - it may take 3 years before a final approved.   Question - can a CR1 Visas take 3 years?  Or is this attorney creating more drama for the TV show?

Edited by Jon&Margz
Spelling correction

22 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

Only if the income will continue once in the USA. I applied from abroad for my foreign spouse. You either have to prove assets, income in the USA, or get a sponsor.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.