Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, JFH said:

Oh my, can't believe I didn't spot that! She's something else... she wouldn't know class if she fell over it. I did notice her shirt said "flawless" on it. As soon I saw it I said to myself "liar". I don't dislike her. My mother has been a nurse her entire working life and I take my hat off to anyone in that profession. It's a very selfless choice of career and such people are worth their weight in gold. But she really didn't think this through. She's the typical overweight, older single mother that falls for younger African men that we see very often on here and around us. We all know they have a very tough road ahead of them if they are going to try to do a K-1 visa. Even without being on the TV their chances of success were very low in the first place, but with all this bickering in front of the world on TV it is going to be even worse for them. But I actually think a denial would be a blessing in disguise for these two. 

I am finding it odd how little each person on this and previous seasons is prepared to learn and understand about each other's culture or how little interest they have in it. I often joke that my husband is more British than me. He has been a huge fan of all things British since the 1980s. He is completely in love with the place and is fascinated by the history and culture. Obviously we don't have the language barrier that others have but that Pole still can barely string two words of Portuguese together when he is planning to marry a Brazilian next week is shameful. Angela responds to everything Michael says with "but I'm not Nigerian". Correct, but you are planning to marry a Nigerian. You should be wanting to experience his culture and traditions. He really wanted them to get the matching outfits because it would mean a lot to him. But she refused. All we see is Americans turning their nose up at other countries' food, traditions, clothing, culture. 

When I moved here I struggled with the way some things are done because it's different from home. But I didn't want to offend my husband and I chose to be part of this country so I gradually adapted with his support. Except eating with my fork in my right hand and using the side of the fork to cut things. That's something I will never be able to do. It just looks too primitive to me to see people eating like that. Knife and fork every time for me, please! 😀

Grandma is a nurse?  As in RN?   LOL, I doubt that.

36 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I didn't know Grandma's profession, other then reading she has been on Maury twice

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I doubt she is a nurse

But in USA it only takes a 2 year Associates Degree from a community college to become a RN. If you want to be a LPN you only need one year of school.

Grandma with all the tats and smoking/drinking/cussing like a sailor doesn't fall into the nurse mold.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

I didn't know Grandma's profession, other then reading she has been on Maury twice

Ohhh- what kind of Maury shows?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

5 hours ago, Penguin_ie said:

Ohhh- what kind of Maury shows?

Apparently Grandma was the one who wanted to go on Maury, alleging her daughter's children weren't the fathers. Saying her daughter cheated.

Oh and she was apparently arrested in 2015 for traffic violations

Edited by Mary Lou
add info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/24/2018 at 5:46 PM, Chris Duffy said:

Nicole and Azan

90days.jpg

bahahahhhaahhhhaaahhhaa  OMG I just saw this...catching up on all the threads

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

14 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

I doubt she is a nurse

But in USA it only takes a 2 year Associates Degree from a community college to become a RN. If you want to be a LPN you only need one year of school.

Grandma with all the tats and smoking/drinking/cussing like a sailor doesn't fall into the nurse mold.

No, Grandma is a reality show star ha ha ha ha ha 

On 9/3/2018 at 9:43 AM, Chris Duffy said:

I liked Tariks brother, He is 100% correct when he said something is not right about Hazel.   For a woman to give her up kid in Philippines is very abnormal, and that would be a major red flag to stay away from her and her values.

And notice how Hazel keeps making an issue about Tarik's ex-girlfriend in Bangkok and is clearly jealous but won't have anything said about her ex-boyfriend. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

This soap opera just keeps getting better and better.

My husband and I are still convinced this was not the first time Jon and Rachel ever met. Being he's from the UK, he should have been able to use ESTA to visit the states, like my husband did. But my husband thinks you might not can use ESTA if you have a criminal record. Even if he never did prison time, he was convicted - MULTIPLE times, we found out this week. 50 to 60 fights???!! I'm sorry. I can understand growing up in a bad neighborhood and having to be tougher than some, but those convictions occurred when he was an adult and based on his explanation of one of those occurrences, were a bunch of bar brawls. I appreciate a man sticking up for women (he claims the fight he explained to Rachel was a result of a bunch of guys speaking disrespectfully about women), but my appreciation and respect goes out the window when you've been arrested so many times for so many fights. Grow up.

Karine and Paul are just a disaster that keeps getting worse and worse. They are highly incompatible. He's mid 30s and a clean/control freak - she's 21 and hasn't grown up yet or learned how to take care of herself as an adult, or take care of a home. Begging for a baby to "solve their problems"....?? A baby does not solve problems - it adds stress and more responsibility. That doesn't help a couple that can't even get along living together, let alone can't even speak the same language. Mama is right - learn each other's language, or at least one learn the other, because without successful communication, it will not work. This translating app can't cut it. It completely negates the connection you need when you're talking with someone face to face. And using a real live translator isn't any better - Paul doesn't even look at Karine's parents or Karine whenever a translator is around, he looks at the translator. Those guys must be so uncomfortable lol

Jesse Jesse Jesse. First of all - I can't take you seriously with that ridiculous headband. It only accentuates your juvenile hissy fits. I'm beginning to dislike him more and more - after their first season, I actually liked him and couldn't stand Darcey. I still can't stand her, but now he's beginning to catch up. YES Darcey WE GET IT. You want a turn-key baby daddy for your not-baby-anymore daughters. You also have no problem making it clear that your baby making factory is closed for business, and it's your daughters, or nothing, for Jesse. Way to really sell it. As rude as it is to ask your partner to help cook dinner, or cook dinner for you, but then continue butting in to point out everything they're doing wrong.... Jesse needs to take a chill pill. You can handle situations like that in so many ways that do not involve stomping off to the porch like a brat. Those two cannot possibly work out in the long run.

ALRIGHT NOW, Rickey. I see you. I'm actually not even mad about it. It's better than him staying hung up on Melissa, or continuing to blow up her phone for the next 10 days. He DID pay a lot of money (his choice, I know) for this trip, so he may as well make it worth while. He and Melissa hadn't even met yet and weren't in a serious relationship (apparently), so nothing wrong with trying to meet someone else. I do hope he's upfront with Ximena (which looks like he may be on the next episode), because she clearly thinks he came all the way there JUST for her. Not a good look. Plus, this is now airing on television for all to see, if he didn't end up telling her lol I kind of hope she's a good sport because so far, they seem to really hit it off - at least much more than he and Melissa did. She already got ahead by not being 2+ hours late.

Mama South. Honey. Baby. You are making us southerners look bad. :| First of all... can you lower your volume at ALL? WHY IS SHE SO LOUD ALWAYS. I know southerners, and Americans in general, come off super loud compared to more subdued cultures (I felt like a walking loudspeaker sometimes in Sweden), but it's like she has no clue. I feel like all she does is try to pick fights over nothing, to the point that I actually feel bad for Michael. He tries so hard and puts up with her craziness without batting an eye. Everything he says, she takes it the wrong way or twists it. I'm still mad about the fat thing last week. Lady... you TOLD him to tell the shop worker not to hold the dress up because of how big you are.... he literally did what she asked. Sure, he said "fat" instead of just "big", but honestly? I'd be willing to chalk that up to "lost in translation". She has so many issues she is hung up on and it just gets more and more obvious every week. She was way too eager meeting his friends with the immediate questions about Michael's past - his friends were NOT impressed. They were all but saying, "Listen, lady, you are in Nigeria, with a Nigerian man, NOT an American - get a clue". I kind of wanted one of them to be so blunt. She just doesn't get it. The culture thing ticks me off, too. Why would you go to another country, especially one where women are obviously not dressing like that, and have your watermelons out swinging around? Then be offended by being asked to cover up? It's disrespectful. The fact that she clearly didn't even try to learn anything about his country or culture before coming is also disrespectful, in my opinion. I asked my husband so many questions about Sweden before I visited for the first time. Not only did I want to make a good first impression, but I just wanted to be prepared while I was there.

As for Tarik's brother - while he is completely on point with his assumption of Hazel, because I have the same (only in it for a green card), I don't agree with his argumentative tactics. Her being poor and being unable to care for her son financially is a separate issue from her relationship with his brother. Sure, she could not have her son just because she is lazy and doesn't want to deal with it, but we don't know that. It was made obvious from episode one how poor she is, and how poorly she has to live. If that's truly the reason, and she gave her son over to the father so he could have a better life, that shouldn't be used as a moral bargaining chip involving Tarik or his brother.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

10 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

This soap opera just keeps getting better and better.

My husband and I are still convinced this was not the first time Jon and Rachel ever met. Being he's from the UK, he should have been able to use ESTA to visit the states, like my husband did. But my husband thinks you might not can use ESTA if you have a criminal record. Even if he never did prison time, he was convicted - MULTIPLE times, we found out this week. 50 to 60 fights???!! I'm sorry. I can understand growing up in a bad neighborhood and having to be tougher than some, but those convictions occurred when he was an adult and based on his explanation of one of those occurrences, were a bunch of bar brawls. I appreciate a man sticking up for women (he claims the fight he explained to Rachel was a result of a bunch of guys speaking disrespectfully about women), but my appreciation and respect goes out the window when you've been arrested so many times for so many fights. Grow up.

Correct. You can't use the VWP if you've got certain convictions. You don't even have to have been to prison. However, given that TLC often mis-uses immigration terminology and likes to make a story out of nothing (remember Loren and Alexei claiming "we were denied 3 times!", making it sound like they were denied a K-1 three times but it was 3 B-2 denials) I'm thinking his ESTA was denied. Especially as they said "instantly denied" - sounds like it was the online ESTA application, rather than a B-2. A B-2 wouldn't be denied until after an interview had taken place. Many Brits confuse an ESTA application with a visa and will refer to it as their "electronic visa". I worked for American Airlines in the U.K. and at check-in passengers would show their passports and then say "do you need to see my visa also?" whilst waving a print-out of the ESTA online confirmation page. 

How many any fights do you need to get into before you realise that you, bars and alcohol do not mix? No excuse. At 34 he should know what causes him to flip and keep himself away from those situations. He's about to get married but he's still living the bachelor life of nights on the booze with the boys. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

20 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

As for Tarik's brother - while he is completely on point with his assumption of Hazel, because I have the same (only in it for a green card), I don't agree with his argumentative tactics. Her being poor and being unable to care for her son financially is a separate issue from her relationship with his brother. Sure, she could not have her son just because she is lazy and doesn't want to deal with it, but we don't know that. It was made obvious from episode one how poor she is, and how poorly she has to live. If that's truly the reason, and she gave her son over to the father so he could have a better life, that shouldn't be used as a moral bargaining chip involving Tarik or his brother.

For Philippines she and her family are not considered poor.  I would say they are average working class there or a tad below.

Poor over there is a lot worse than what you have seen on TV.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Timeline
12 hours ago, JFH said:

Correct. You can't use the VWP if you've got certain convictions. You don't even have to have been to prison. However, given that TLC often mis-uses immigration terminology and likes to make a story out of nothing (remember Loren and Alexei claiming "we were denied 3 times!", making it sound like they were denied a K-1 three times but it was 3 B-2 denials) I'm thinking his ESTA was denied. Especially as they said "instantly denied" - sounds like it was the online ESTA application, rather than a B-2. A B-2 wouldn't be denied until after an interview had taken place. Many Brits confuse an ESTA application with a visa and will refer to it as their "electronic visa". I worked for American Airlines in the U.K. and at check-in passengers would show their passports and then say "do you need to see my visa also?" whilst waving a print-out of the ESTA online confirmation page. 

How many any fights do you need to get into before you realise that you, bars and alcohol do not mix? No excuse. At 34 he should know what causes him to flip and keep himself away from those situations. He's about to get married but he's still living the bachelor life of nights on the booze with the boys. 

Yes, exactly! That's why my husband said, that it must have been ESTA the way they were describing it.

I agree - someone with one or two bar fights is nowhere near someone who's had SIXTY. And you're practically middle aged now. I wouldn't trust someone that immature around my child or baby.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

For Philippines she and her family are not considered poor.  I would say they are average working class there or a tad below.

Poor over there is a lot worse than what you have seen on TV.

My husband's parents are Filipino, so he's seen much worse. I know it can be much worse. But I still think it's an unfair move, when it is a separate situation from his brother. She'd be a green card scavenger, son or no son. He even said it was a low blow. Honestly, there's enough to point out without having to bring up the son to prove his point, so it wasn't even necessary.

Håll ut, y'all.

2 minutes ago, Paul & Mallory said:

Yes, exactly! That's why my husband said, that it must have been ESTA the way they were describing it.

I agree - someone with one or two bar fights is nowhere near someone who's had SIXTY. And you're practically middle aged now. I wouldn't trust someone that immature around my child or baby.

Agree! Until he made the “60 fights” comment I’d always been quite blasé about his “criminal record” and assumed it was TLC making a story out of nothing - I assumed it was just one incident. I am married to a man with a criminal record but he learned his lesson 1990 when he was thrown into prison. But now that we know what we know, I have no sympathy for them. 60 fights is thuggery. It’s not a mistake. That’s a violent man who can’t control himself. When that baby started crying I was half-expecting him to snap then. If he hasn’t changed by 34, he never will. He will always be violent. And she wants another baby with him? She’s not even looking after the first kid she had. Then she got knocked up by someone whilst flirting online with Jon. They make a good couple - neither of them can learn from their past behaviors and keep making a bad situation even worse by repeating the same thing. He will end up in prison one day.  

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!