Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

How serious does the crime have to be to be ineligible for a K-1? Looking at the FAM, it's only a CIMT if there was a weapon involved or an attempt to kill. If the person suffered an injury to the eye, arguably a weapon was involved (unless he poked his finger in someone's eye) but I think "intent to kill" is going to be a stretch. He said he was "denied a visa" to visit her but it's amazing how many people in the U.K. think that completing an ESTA application online is applying for a visa. The concept of having to apply for permission to travel without a visa is lost on them. I work for an airline and in the U.K. I would often hear passengers say "I've got an online visa for America" or something along those lines. I used to see travel agent websites that mentioned the need for an "online visa" for the USA. So it's possible that he only applied to use the VWP and was, correctly, denied. Depending on how serious the matter was, he may or may not have been successful with a B-2. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Here is my theory on Rachel and her hubby, they were selected for 3 reasons:
1. The very reason that makes you guys doubt them- the Facetiming during birth, jim looking after baby  etc.  The woman obviously doesn't have good judgement and jumps from bad relationship to bad relationship.  Maybe they are hoping an ex will surface and want her back?
2. There is more to the guy.  The sister mentioned he had many exes, and there is the complication of the crime, so TLC can work that angle.
3.  I strongly suspect there will be a spin off show about CR-1s.  Something like "Married and forced apart" or some other dramatic, partially untrue title. Because we have those two, and Nicole and her boy in Morocco, and likely Paul and his girl.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I did hear through the grapevine that TLC are planning a spin-off “90 day fiancé - the other way” for those going to live overseas with their spouse. Pole and Kareeeeneeee could be candidates. And now these two. 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wonder if young Nigerian scammer boy and smoking loud mouthed momma will end up on the 90 days the other  way spin off.  Would love seeing her living there for months.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, NigeriaorBust said:

Wonder if young Nigerian scammer boy and smoking loud mouthed momma will end up on the 90 days the other  way spin off.  Would love seeing her living there for months.

Don't be Hating..........

So far they are my favorite couple, the rest of them are boring.  Rickey's Columbia  journey is still in the making, so he is my runner up.

Karine and Pole just got boring, and Karine seems get uglier as each episode airs.

The English Dude and the baby maker is beyond boring to watch.

Elmer Fudd and the Philippines girl was odd and interesting last episode,  They could and should get interesting. I am waiting for the parents to pressure the girl to start asking for an allowance. 

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Uhhhh....... Ximena: "Ricky travelled to Columbia to meet me."   LOLOL.   Yeah, nah.   Those are Melissa's leftover/unused rose petals, girl!

Edited by Jorgedig
Punctuation freak.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:36 AM, Chris Duffy said:

Don't be Hating..........

So far they are my favorite couple, the rest of them are boring.  Rickey's Columbia  journey is still in the making, so he is my runner up.

Karine and Pole just got boring, and Karine seems get uglier as each episode airs.

The English Dude and the baby maker is beyond boring to watch.

Elmer Fudd and the Philippines girl was odd and interesting last episode,  They could and should get interesting. I am waiting for the parents to pressure the girl to start asking for an allowance. 

I was also wondering about Karine's change in appearance.  I actually did wonder if she was preggo, as that can change a woman's face even early on.  Must admit, I'm kinda disappointed in Pole.  I know he can't top the urethral condom micro-organism deal, but at the very least, I wish their rental condo was infested with roaches or plague.

On 8/29/2018 at 12:38 PM, Mary Lou said:

Not to mention she let him jump out of bed the first night and go check on Lucy.The baby doesn't know him! What mother allows that, since he told her don't let her cry, it stresses me!?!?!? Also letting him bathe the baby, she just met him, i wouldn't have a strange man bathing  my baby.

Totally!   Gross.   And, it makes me wonder about the rumors that they are already married and that he is the birth father.  That is the only way I can see her being so willing to hand over her baby to a strange man.

7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Totally!   Gross.   And, it makes me wonder about the rumors that they are already married and that he is the birth father.  That is the only way I can see her being so willing to hand over her baby to a strange man.

They got married in the U.K. in May of this year. Their marriage certificate has been circulated online. But this was filmed in December 2017/January 2018. Interestingly, if they got married in the U.K she would have needed a marriage visa for that. It requires planning and must be obtained in advance from the embassy. You can’t marry spontaneously under a visitor status in the U.K. (unless you are an EU citizen) like you can here. So.... in December/January she meets him for the first time, by May they have applied for and received a marriage visa for the U.K. I don’t think they ever intended to do the K-1 and just used TLC to pay for the trip to England. 

They are are making a big deal of his criminal record. The spoiler for the next episode showed her saying something like “we are being forced to stay apart and it’s not fair”. Hmmm... he didn’t even do prison time. I can’t see a K-1 or a CR-1 being impossible - may need a waiver but it’s not a closed door. And as an EU citizen he has 22 countries he can choose from where he can live visa-free and as his criminal-record-free spouse she can join him. They want to try being in our position if they want to know what it’s like to have only one option on where to live. My husband did prison time in the 1990s and has a lifetime ban from the U.K. - can’t even visit. Realistically the only place we can live together is the USA. I had to laugh at how pathetic she sounds every time she talks about his record and how they are being kept apart like she’s dating Carlos the Jackal. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Last night's show was something else.

Michael and Grandma seem to be always fighting, she isn't trying to understand his culture and seems to be getting more aggravated each day. When he asked her to cover herself up more since they were going to meet his friends, she snapped. Anyone notice her hair piece hanging off the wall light lol His friend's faces said it all, they know Michael doesn't love her and she is his ticket to America. That's all he can say, is how he wants to be in America. He doesn't love Grandma.

The playing house is more or less over for Paul and Karine. He can't handle her being messy, sleeping so much, not helping with chores, Karine in turn doesn't like how bossy and mean Paul is, except in front of her parents, then he shows a different side. She's just a child, use to doing what she wants, no responsibility and is unhappy. Doesn't help they can't speak the same language. Paul needs to listen to Mother, and if Karine is unhappy then don't go through with the wedding.

Jon and Rachel. He honestly gives me an uneasy feeling. 50 to 60 fights?? He's sugarcoating things and asking if she trusts him. Then they are going out to meet his friends, she leaves the baby with his mom, who the baby doesn't know, and Rachel doesn't really know for that matter. No wonder she doesn't have full custody of her other child. She seems quite naive and trusting. The look on Jon's face when his friends were telling Rachel about his past was priceless. If she were smart she should have been reading between the lines, but that doesn't seem to her strong suit, she's more focused on getting engaged.

Tarik and Hazel. W t f was he wearing to go meet his brother?? First he wore his King Tut t-shirt to meet her family, then puts on a wife beater with some ridiculous mesh shirt over it. He's still getting over that church experience. The meeting with his brother didn't go so well. His brother was already half in the bag, and then grilling Hazel, which she answered a few questions, but he's yelling why are you hiding your face, answer me. Tarik didn't really say much but sit there looking like I never should have invited him to Manila. It ended with Hazel running off down the street with Tarik in pursuit.

I know Darecy is needy and annoying as f, but Jesse is really an a jerk. His treatment of her and how he talks to her is getting worse. He's the definition of a narcissist to me. Instead of threatening to walk away and end it, that's what he needs to do. She is so uncomfortable with him, it's obvious, and it wasn't ok how he acted in front of her kids. He needs to get over himself. That headband?? Seriously?  

So Rickey found himself another Columbian lady, seeing as Melissa stopped answering his texts. How he couldn't see she was a prostitute is beyond me. The new girl was cute, seemed to like Rickey, or more so the fact she never had an American boyfriend and he could be the one. Another green card seeker. She was easy to say the least, telling Rickey he was sleeping with her, but then he called her Melissa. I'm sure that went over well. Now his guilt has gotten to him and it shows next week he is going to spill the beans to her about Melissa. That guy doesn't have much common sense. 

This group of couples are a disaster, and will be surprised if any of them last. 

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

I was also wondering about Karine's change in appearance.  I actually did wonder if she was preggo, as that can change a woman's face even early on.  Must admit, I'm kinda disappointed in Pole.  I know he can't top the urethral condom micro-organism deal, but at the very least, I wish their rental condo was infested with roaches or plague.

A dollar goes a long way in Brazil, assuming he’s the one paying for everything, he can find a very decent place. 

2 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

Anyone notice her hair piece hanging off the wall light lol

Oh my, can't believe I didn't spot that! She's something else... she wouldn't know class if she fell over it. I did notice her shirt said "flawless" on it. As soon I saw it I said to myself "liar". I don't dislike her. My mother has been a nurse her entire working life and I take my hat off to anyone in that profession. It's a very selfless choice of career and such people are worth their weight in gold. But she really didn't think this through. She's the typical overweight, older single mother that falls for younger African men that we see very often on here and around us. We all know they have a very tough road ahead of them if they are going to try to do a K-1 visa. Even without being on the TV their chances of success were very low in the first place, but with all this bickering in front of the world on TV it is going to be even worse for them. But I actually think a denial would be a blessing in disguise for these two. 

I am finding it odd how little each person on this and previous seasons is prepared to learn and understand about each other's culture or how little interest they have in it. I often joke that my husband is more British than me. He has been a huge fan of all things British since the 1980s. He is completely in love with the place and is fascinated by the history and culture. Obviously we don't have the language barrier that others have but that Pole still can barely string two words of Portuguese together when he is planning to marry a Brazilian next week is shameful. Angela responds to everything Michael says with "but I'm not Nigerian". Correct, but you are planning to marry a Nigerian. You should be wanting to experience his culture and traditions. He really wanted them to get the matching outfits because it would mean a lot to him. But she refused. All we see is Americans turning their nose up at other countries' food, traditions, clothing, culture. 

When I moved here I struggled with the way some things are done because it's different from home. But I didn't want to offend my husband and I chose to be part of this country so I gradually adapted with his support. Except eating with my fork in my right hand and using the side of the fork to cut things. That's something I will never be able to do. It just looks too primitive to me to see people eating like that. Knife and fork every time for me, please! 😀

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

6 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

Tarik and Hazel. W t f was he wearing to go meet his brother?? First he wore his King Tut t-shirt to meet her family, then puts on a wife beater with some ridiculous mesh shirt over it. He's still getting over that church experience. The meeting with his brother didn't go so well. His brother was already half in the bag, and then grilling Hazel, which she answered a few questions, but he's yelling why are you hiding your face, answer me. Tarik didn't really say much but sit there looking like I never should have invited him to Manila. It ended with Hazel running off down the street with Tarik in pursuit.

I liked Tariks brother, He is 100% correct when he said something is not right about Hazel.   For a woman to give her up kid in Philippines is very abnormal, and that would be a major red flag to stay away from her and her values.

I know Darecy is needy and annoying as f, but Jesse is really an a jerk. His treatment of her and how he talks to her is getting worse. He's the definition of a narcissist to me. Instead of threatening to walk away and end it, that's what he needs to do. She is so uncomfortable with him, it's obvious, and it wasn't ok how he acted in front of her kids. He needs to get over himself. That headband?? Seriously?  

Jesse keeps the show interesting for sure, There  is no way I could put up with Darcey, She is always wanting assurance and acceptance, like a little kids wants approval from their parents.    Jesse is no nonsense,  This can't be long term, they just seem like they have different goals in life.  

So Rickey found himself another Columbian lady, seeing as Melissa stopped answering his texts. How he couldn't see she was a prostitute is beyond me. The new girl was cute, seemed to like Rickey, or more so the fact she never had an American boyfriend and he could be the one. Another green card seeker. She was easy to say the least, telling Rickey he was sleeping with her, but then he called her Melissa. I'm sure that went over well. Now his guilt has gotten to him and it shows next week he is going to spill the beans to her about Melissa. That guy doesn't have much common sense. 

This group of couples are a disaster, and will be surprised if any of them last. 

Rickey is the type of guy who was gonna fall for the first person to give him some attention, He is like a puppy dog.

I agree Melissa had to be a hooker, only a prostitute would send pictures like that,  and dress like that and then she said she was in school to be a Nurse, Yea right.

The new girls seems like a nice girl and would be a catch for Rickey.    Rickey got a lot of explaining to do regarding why he went to Columbia, I can't see the new girl being happy after she finds out she was a back up.  But I have to give props to Rickey for having a back up.