Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

The White Grandma and the dude from Nigeria.   So far I like them both,  they seem to be very likeable people and outgoing.   I have a good feeling about them.

That part had my wife laughing her ### off literally when his friends were like "Dude, she could be your grandma". 

9 hours ago, Paul & Mallory said:

I thought I'd be interested to see how it panned out for Paul and Karine with them being back this season. Turns out I was wrong, and I don't. :dead: Nothing has even really changed there, other than text translation has upgraded to voice.

I started out liking Jesse and Darcey their last season. He, and Amsterdam, remind me so much of my husband and Gothenburg, it was relatable. He also seemed so genuine and nice, and he tried really hard to get her to know his home. She seemed very wrapped up in being able to wear her heels and her makeup and hair. She seems to be no different this time around, but his comments have come off as more and more aggressive than they used to. Of course, they could be cutting it up for dramatic effect and not showing the whole picture, but still. I think she has some self confidence issues and desperately needs to be validated by someone like him. Which isn't healthy.

My husband and I can't even take Rachel and what's-his-name seriously anymore after we read rumors online that they not only had already met, but were already engaged before getting on the show. Granted, that's the only way it would make it any better than she's taken her baby with her. It's still something I wouldn't do, but it's better than taking her to meet a complete stranger she herself hadn't even met. But who knows. The excessive upchucking on his way to Paddington was a huge turn off for me, I think. :lol:

Colombia chick is a catfish. I'll be surprised if we learn otherwise.

Darcey is always on the verge of crying, you can see she's so insecure,  and i don't think really happy with Jesse. She has convinced herself she is and that he is her soulmate insert Darcey crying 😭 But Jesse does come off very arrogant.  Her asking him in the car about her makeup? They just reunited after not seeing each other for 6 months and that's what she asks lol her extensions look terrible too.

Paul is still as creepy as ever. I was dying laughing that Karine had the hotel room all set up because Paul is so afraid of catching something! I had forgotten the "poop water" remark until they showed that scene of them in the river ha ha 

Yep, i agree about the Colombia woman, or maybe man??? Also the man going to meet the pinay, she might be playing him also.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

4 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That part had my wife laughing her ### off literally when his friends were like "Dude, she could be your grandma". 

And how about when he was showing off the house and his room to the camera. The framed picture of his hero Donald Trump! ha ha Now we know why she brought him all that Trump gear. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

Darcey is always on the verge of crying, you can see she's so insecure,  and i don't think really happy with Jesse. She has convinced herself she is and that he is her soulmate insert Darcey crying 😭 But Jesse does come off very arrogant.  Her asking him in the car about her makeup? They just reunited after not seeing each other for 6 months and that's what she asks lol her extensions look terrible too.

Paul is still as creepy as ever. I was dying laughing that Karine had the hotel room all set up because Paul is so afraid of catching something! I had forgotten the "poop water" remark until they showed that scene of them in the river ha ha 

Yep, i agree about the Colombia woman, or maybe man??? Also the man going to meet the pinay, she might be playing him also.

YESSSS. Her new look is great but that PONYTAIL. FIX IT PLEASE.

I thought the same thing. I don't think I've ever asked my husband how my makeup or hair looks whenever we would reunite. Maybe it's because I was too busy crying so I didn't really care anyway LOL but yeah - why is that all you're worried about? I get she likes attention, but I remember visiting Sweden for the first time. I hadn't seen my now-husband in a year, and yes I was ecstatic to be with him and I'm sure I showed it, but I was also a TOTAL tourist. Seeing something you've only ever seen pictures of, or seen on TV, is so amazing. He was giddy being in NYC. And his reaction at the airport when he got there should have showed he was happy to see her too - it's not just about NYC. That was a genuine reunion. But it's like nothing is ever enough for her.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

I'm going to ask this here because I'm pretty much done with the idiots on the Facebook group. 

Jon. The British bloke. How on earth is a 34-year-old man in the U.K. with a university education working probably the most menial and lowest-paid job in the country - sorting garbage. By hand? He's not even a supervisor or a foreman. He's not training new employees. He's not on the management team. He is sorting waste. By hand. No one in the U.K. goes to university for 3 to 4 years, racking up tens of thousands of debt, to do a job like that. I'm from the U.K. so I know something of the situation there. Sure, the streets aren't paved with gold. Sure, there's unemployment. But absolutely everyone I know who went to university is doing a better job than that. Even retail is better. At least it's cleaner. Something doesn't add up. 

Now, when I posted this on Facebook I got a backlash of "at least he's working legally" - actually if would be very hard for him to work illegally in the U.K. He's a British citizen! And "nothing wrong with that job - someone's got to do it". I never said there's anything wrong with the job. My husband does a similar job and makes minimum wage here in Washington state but he didn't even finish high school (dropped out at 14) and has served time in prison so he takes what he can get. I just have never known anyone in the U.K. with a university education to be doing something like that. Even those of us who study something that has no relevance to a job path (I have an MA in philology but work for an airline) - the very fact that you have studied and have the ability to complete such a course shows your general aptitude is above average. 

I have to assume that Jon either failed university, or dropped out, or his criminal record is more extensive than we have been led to believe. He said he "injured someone in a fight at university". That could mean anything from a cut to the hand to a broken neck. Even if he failed his exams, the fact that he even attended means his A-Level grades were high enough to be granted a place at university at all. My sister didn't go to university but her A-level grades were good enough. She just chose not to go. She's now an assistant manager at a branch of a major bank chain in the U.K. Even my brother who dropped out of A-levels, has a criminal conviction and was a general tearaway has never had to take a job sorting garbage by hand. He's driven a cab, washed dishes in a restaurant, stacked shelves in a grocery store but never something like that. 

And if Jon is making enough to be able to afford to pay the baby's daycare then he can afford his own place. Methinks paying the daycare is his covert way of buying a green card. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

13 minutes ago, JFH said:

I'm going to ask this here because I'm pretty much done with the idiots on the Facebook group. 

Jon. The British bloke. How on earth is a 34-year-old man in the U.K. with a university education working probably the most menial and lowest-paid job in the country - sorting garbage. By hand? He's not even a supervisor or a foreman. He's not training new employees. He's not on the management team. He is sorting waste. By hand. No one in the U.K. goes to university for 3 to 4 years, racking up tens of thousands of debt, to do a job like that. I'm from the U.K. so I know something of the situation there. Sure, the streets aren't paved with gold. Sure, there's unemployment. But absolutely everyone I know who went to university is doing a better job than that. Even retail is better. At least it's cleaner. Something doesn't add up. 

Now, when I posted this on Facebook I got a backlash of "at least he's working legally" - actually if would be very hard for him to work illegally in the U.K. He's a British citizen! And "nothing wrong with that job - someone's got to do it". I never said there's anything wrong with the job. My husband does a similar job and makes minimum wage here in Washington state but he didn't even finish high school (dropped out at 14) and has served time in prison so he takes what he can get. I just have never known anyone in the U.K. with a university education to be doing something like that. Even those of us who study something that has no relevance to a job path (I have an MA in philology but work for an airline) - the very fact that you have studied and have the ability to complete such a course shows your general aptitude is above average. 

I have to assume that Jon either failed university, or dropped out, or his criminal record is more extensive than we have been led to believe. He said he "injured someone in a fight at university". That could mean anything from a cut to the hand to a broken neck. Even if he failed his exams, the fact that he even attended means his A-Level grades were high enough to be granted a place at university at all. My sister didn't go to university but her A-level grades were good enough. She just chose not to go. She's now an assistant manager at a branch of a major bank chain in the U.K. Even my brother who dropped out of A-levels, has a criminal conviction and was a general tearaway has never had to take a job sorting garbage by hand. He's driven a cab, washed dishes in a restaurant, stacked shelves in a grocery store but never something like that. 

And if Jon is making enough to be able to afford to pay the baby's daycare then he can afford his own place. Methinks paying the daycare is his covert way of buying a green card. 

I'm not entirely familiar with Jon on the show, but what region of the UK is he from and what did he graduate as? The job market prospects are vastly different depending on where you go, and I've seen many uni kids simply be happy to collect dole for years afterwards with no goals in life. Of course others do make good attempts to try and find work, but are often disheartened by how they are treated. My husband's degree was very specialized, and instead of staying on to take a PhD and teach he went out into the workforce. Took him ages to find a job. No one wanted a uni student with no prior work experience beyond retail, and the jobs market was completely flat in his area. He did training courses, even tried an apprentice position at an assembly plant, but in the end they wanted a less educated person and had too many applicants. Same thing with trying for a civilian job involving military systems. It required a lot of encouragement from me and a talk with his mom who knew someone who knew someone who knew someone else, to get him in with quite possibly one of the worst jobs you could get in the UK but that a lot of people are forced to get (not anything even in their field - and most of the employees there were in the same boat (uni grads that couldn't get jobs in the field or older people who were told they were too old for other things). He rose up the ranks but he still made a low amount. Meanwhile all of his friends from uni either never managed to find positions or ended up starting their own businesses. His best friend (not a uni grad) could only ever find temporary work for a couple years before he landed his current position. Something similar happened to a bunch of college grad friends over there that joined the police force as forensic detectives, they worked a few years, and then staff were cut. Suddenly dumped into the poor job market they found no one wanted them, so they started their own successful businesses.

There's nothing inherently wrong with sorting garbage as you've pointed out (in the UK on the dole, they very often will force people to do that so I'm wondering if that's how he started the job?). What I have heard about Jon is that there is a criminal record involved that denied his K1 to begin with.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

He's not K-1 eligible because they are actually married. The marriage certificate has surfaced online in various places. He apparently applied for a "tourist visa" to visit her but was denied. It's unclear whether that was an ESTA denial for the VWP or whether he was denied for a B-2. This is TLC, after all, and they often interchange various immigration-related terminology. Look how they keep going on about the USC spouses being on the hook to "support the immigrant" for 10 years. The Facebook group (with the exception of those who have been through the process) are convinced that this means they have to feed, clothe and house them for 10 years. 

Jon is from Weston-super-Mare. I'm from a small coastal town in Dorset so we are from similar backgrounds. I moved to London and started at the bottom doing check-in at the airport. My only "experience" prior to that was a summer holiday job at a small local company in Dorset which offered day trips by bus to local sights for tourists. I had to count all the tickets sold and enter the numbers by hand into a big ledger book. 19 years later I'm still in air travel, making close to $80k a year. It's not the best-paid job in the world but I enjoy it a lot. Sometimes you have to move where the work is. Maybe I'm lucky but I've never struggled to get a job. Neither have my university friends. I even got my current job before I arrived here and it was only the second job I applied for. I've been made redundant before but I got back into work very quickly. And that's with a totally irrelevant degree. I studied philology with the intention of being a translator. And I was for a couple of years. I was self-employed, working at home in my early 20s and the majority of my work was doing overnight translations for companies. They would email a document to me at 5 pm and want a translation of it by 8 am the next day. This was no good for my social life in my 20s (😂) and after backpacking around Australia for a few months I decided I wanted to work in travel. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:59 PM, Mary Lou said:

And how about when he was showing off the house and his room to the camera. The framed picture of his hero Donald Trump! ha ha Now we know why she brought him all that Trump gear. 

I am liking him more and more, Happy go lucky type of guy.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

I think we're being duped by the guy in Colombia. A friend sent this to me. 

The Filipina is brutally honest.  She doesn't love him.  She doesn't even find him atrractive, says he's chubby.  She says that she's just  apoor girl nd he's her only chance for a better life.  Ahhh. TRUE LOVE!  :lol:     Btw- If she thinks that he's chubby, she will love the average American man in his 50's.  But he's gushing over her (even crying at the airport... I was embarrassed as a man) like she was the most beautiful girl ever.  She's about a solid 6.  She made a impenetrable barrier (2 pillows) in the hotel room so they can sleep in the same bed and he won't touch her, yet she's ready to marry him and move to 'Merica.

Next week, they show him in some religious ceremony with her crazy religious family celebrating their relationship or engagement or something.  He looks like a deer in the headlights.  They got him all measured and ready for the altar.  And the girl said to the camera no sex before marriage.

The white grandma and Nigerian guy reminds me when Azan saw Nicole for the firts time.  He thought she was "a little bigger than the pictures" too.  Loud and obnoxious grandma.  Should be entertaining.

I read Grandma Angela has been on the Maury show at least 2 times! Imagine that!? Something about her not believing her daughter concerning her kids. Yes, Michael has had almost the same reaction as Azan did. In the clip for next week he called her fat in some dress shop.

I don't like the Filipina girl at all. She wants out of her country period. Yes the religious church scene! The guy looked scared lol

The guy who went to Colombia really met the girl from the photos. But she was not interested in him in the least. Another one who wasted his money. 

Same stuff, different day with Darcey. Her veiled comments to Jesse about being a possible step father, her kids and they living happier ever after. They need to just end it. 

Nothing exciting with Paul and Karine. She took the pregnancy test, not pregnant. Her parents know all about his criminal past now.

Ok so Jon takes Rachel to his and his moms house. He is a wreck about the baby, dont let her cry, it stresses me, runs downstairs cause he's stressed ect. There is something off about him to me. I certainly wouldn't fly 12 hours to meet a stranger and bring my baby and stay in his house. He had a nursery all set up which was nice, but she doesn't know him! 

5 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

The guy who went to Colombia really met the girl from the photos. But she was not interested in him in the least. Another one who wasted his money. 

I was surprised she showed up, and I was surprised she looked like her pictures.  I guess plastic surgery in Columbia is pretty cheap,  I am thinking her breast are augmented from surgery.  

If he would play it cool and not act like he has never had a girlfriend before,  he would have a much better chance than telling her he loves her when they first meet.  You got to play the game and be a coy and little reserved when first meeting.

5 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

Same stuff, different day with Darcey. Her veiled comments to Jesse about being a possible step father, her kids and they living happier ever after. They need to just end it. 

Jesse seems to be the adult in the relationship, and Darcy is like the child.  

She is always wanting re assurances and seems to always to get mad and have a temper tantrum and then cry a lot, she gets on my nerves and I am surprised Jesse can put up with her, she is like and emotional roller coaster.

7 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Jesse seems to be the adult in the relationship, and Darcy is like the child.  

She is always wanting re assurances and seems to always to get mad and have a temper tantrum and then cry a lot, she gets on my nerves and I am surprised Jesse can put up with her, she is like and emotional roller coaster.

What did you think about pinay? I think she is from one of bad areas like pasay or parangue and is desperate to get away. But even my wife got mad at her last night like "Why are you saying No sex before marriage when you already have a son?". 

3 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

What did you think about pinay? I think she is from one of bad areas like pasay or parangue and is desperate to get away. But even my wife got mad at her last night like "Why are you saying No sex before marriage when you already have a son?". 

She comes from a poor family with little to no education,  I was thinking she grew up in a squatters village.  She shed a bad light on a typical pinay.    And the no sex before marriage was silly.