Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, Neonred said:

Yes, and to be honest I have to wonder how much is real and how much is scripted.

A lot of it is scripted.  I did read a post somewhere from one of the couples how they claim to act totally dramatic for a few situations in their shows.  Of course a lot is real as well.

49 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

A lot of it is scripted.  I did read a post somewhere from one of the couples how they claim to act totally dramatic for a few situations in their shows.  Of course a lot is real as well.

As an American, the behavior of some of the Americans is bothersome as well to me. The show puts both the immigrant and sponsor in a poor light IMO.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mary Lou said:

As an American, the behavior of some of the Americans is bothersome as well to me. The show puts both the immigrant and sponsor in a poor light IMO.

I agree with you 100%  Believe me, I get an earful from the wife about us Americans, and I can't disagree at all.  A lot of the Americans on that show I'm a bit ashamed off due to their behaviors. 

Edited by Ed&Midori1031

My husband has asked me why I want to watch a show about a process that has given me PTSD. He'll wander in while I'm watching and then quickly excuse himself.

I made the mistake of following breadcrumbs left on the subreddit for the show that led me to a subreddit full of images nabbed from the OnlyFans sites for various 90Day "stars." :dead: DO NOT DO THIS. 

On 2/19/2021 at 2:54 PM, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Does anyone's foreign spouse get upset with you, the USC for watching 90 Day Fiance? Reason why I'm asking is my wife thinks it's basically showing a bad rep for all foreigners coming into the U.S. and finds it offensive.  I respect her feeling, but just wanted to hear from others. 

Im the foreign spouse and I watch it and I feel 90% of the time the bad rep is for the USC. Like look at the current season, they are awful! Where do they find these people???

On 2/20/2021 at 12:21 AM, Neonred said:

Yes, and to be honest I have to wonder how much is real and how much is scripted.

A lot I am sure . They purposely pick out the most absurd cases. Not many normal couples since Loren and Alexei

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 2/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, laylalex said:

I made the mistake of following breadcrumbs left on the subreddit for the show that led me to a subreddit full of images nabbed from the OnlyFans sites for various 90Day "stars." :dead: DO NOT DO THIS. 

Oh you had to say that.  Shame on you.  Now I'll HAVE to check this out tonight.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

2 hours ago, Neonred said:

Oh you had to say that.  Shame on you.  Now I'll HAVE to check this out tonight.

Plenty of Steph from this season. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

does anyone watch 90 day- the other way?

A Tale of Two Dakotaraguans

K1 Journey - 78 Days

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15 [Day 1]
NOA1 - 11/18 (Hard copy: 11/24) [Day 2, Day 8]
NOA2 - 12/18 (Hard copy: 12/26) [Day 32, Day 40]
NVC received file: 1/05/2016 [Day 50] Obtained NVC invoice number, paid visa fee, filled out DS-160: 1/06 [Day 51]
Fiancé's medical: 1/12 9:00am [Day 57]
Interview: 1/22 9:30am, Approved! [67 days] (F)
Visa status on ceac site= "AP": 1/25, "Issued":01/27, "In Transit: 2/02", Visa packet in hand: 2/03 [Day 78]
POE: (Houston) 2/04, North Dakota arrival: 2/05

Married (civil): 2/05/16 (L)

AOS - 55 Days

I-485, AP, EAD sent : 3/03/2016 [Day 1]

Delivered: 3/04 [Day 2]

Electronic NOA1: 3/08 [Day 5]  NOA1 Hardcopy rcv'd in mail: 3/12 [Day 9]; Biometric Notification rcv'd in mail: 3/26 [Day 23]; Biometrics Appt: 4/06 in Fargo, ND [Day 33]

Notification(s): "Your new card is being produced" 4/23 [Day 48] ; "Your case was approved" 4/26 [Day 51]; "Your card was mailed on 4/27" 4/28 [Day 53]

Green Card in Hand: 4/30 [Day 55]

D-day ("Dress day"/I do...again Day/wedding reception): 9/10/16

ROC - 390 days 

Spoiler

Window opens: 1/24/2018

Package sent: 1/26, Delivered on 1/29 at 11:17am to CSC - [Day 1]

Check cashed: 1/31 [Day 3]

NOA1: 1/29 [Day 1]; NOA rcv'd in mail: 2/02 [Day 4]

Biometrics  Sent 5/5, rcv'd in mail 5/12 [Day 107]

Biometrics appt: Not required

18 Month extension letter received, dated 8/18: 8/24/18 [Day 211]

"New Card Being Produced" - 2/11/19 [Day 382], email "we mailed your card on 2/14" - 2/15

Card arrived: 2/19/19 [Day 390]

Citizenship - 643 Days

Spoiler

Window opens: 01/24/2019

E-file: 01/28/2019 [Day 1]

Biometrics = scheduled: 02/01 [Day 4], view uploaded document: 02/05 [Day 8], appointment day: 02/19 [Day 22] In Fargo, ND

Interview scheduled notification online: 9/3/20 [Day 585]

Interview in Minneapolis, MN: 10/20/20 [Day 632] at 12:15 PM: passed/approved

Oath Ceremony: scheduled 10/20, view letter online 10/21

Oath : Fargo, ND 2:15pm at sanctuary events center. No guests allowed

1808 total days of thinking about/waiting for immigrations!

Applied for US Passport 11/4/2020, application approved 1/26/21, passport and naturalization cert received in mailbox: 1/28/21 📘

Last night kept building up my expectations and then dashing them against the wall, when I wasn't wanting to throttle various Americans.

Jovi and Yara

I now think Jovi's mom is absolutely lovely. I like the connection she's making with Yara, and that Yara was actually happy to have her along for the wedding, not just caving in. I liked both the too sexy dress and the one Yara eventually chose. Yes, a small selection to choose from but there wasn't a ton of time. Yara seems to be settling a bit in NOLA now, which can only be good for her. And Jovi seemed to be actually listening to Yara. And then... ugh. The bachelor party. Look, I don't have a problem that they went to a strip club. I have been to strip clubs myself (a long, long time ago) so whatever. It wasn't the making it rain on the semi-naked bodies that I had a problem with, it was the "I promised my fiancee the night before our wedding we have to fly to I would be back by X time but hey, my best friend says we should stay out longer so I will." NO! You make that kind of promise, you keep to it. UGH!

Julia and Brandon

After last week, I was getting okay with Betty. She gave Julia space during the dress shopping, and agreed with Julia that Brandon was too disengaged. Then she starts dictating all aspects of the big day itself. No! But what's even worse is that Brandon does. not. care. He made that clear. He's a wet blanket who is in no way ready to be a husband. He is not in it to be a team, he is clearly in it because he has a cute girl he likes to have sex with, and getting married means she can live here. So he can have sex with her. Look, I was very young in my first marriage too (25), and I made some BAD decisions getting married to my ex, but I never had a doubt we were in it as a team. Even when I was the one leading the team in everything domestic, we had jobs to do separately and together to make our lives better. JULIA RUN.

Hazel and Tarik

These people are boring for a couple who want to become a throuple. Hazel is right to lay down the law for Tarik -- you are either in this relationship with me as your wife and you respect the boundaries I place on who you can bang, or you're out. Hazel doesn't like Minty, fair enough. Personally I like Minty WAY more than Hazel and Tarik, I understand why you might not want to let her go but noooooooo. Also Hazel needs to just flat out admit she doesn't want Tarik to have any GF and that the only person who gets a GF is her.

Mike and Natalie

They got so, so close to coming back together in a meaningful way that acknowledged their love and their problems. Natalie's attitude was so much improved, especially how she accepted that COVID was messing up filing before the 90 days were up, and that this wasn't the end of the world even if it put her out of status. (I mean, what's the likelihood she would be near an ICE checkpoint during lockdown?) And then... kablooey. They both suck and they both don't deserve each other and totally deserve each other.

Rebecca and Zied

UGH! UGH AGAIN! Rebecca, your Zied is so pure and wonderful, and he is following what he believes are his religious obligations. Have the stupid courthouse wedding and then the big country hoedown or whatever you want for the reception. Like, uh, most K1 couples do? What is her problem? She is looking to mess up this marriage before it begins. I want to like her more (like me, she is also prone to tears at the drop of a hat) but I can't. I understood why she was accusing Zied of basically practicing "buffet Islam," where he picks and chooses what he want to observe, but come ON, girl. Like people of other faiths don't do that? If this is what he believes, she needs to respect it. I have ZERO doubt that man loves the stuffing out of her and there are no ulterior motives here. 

Andrew and Amira

If I have to hear either of them say the word "baby" again I will start throwing things. So I will make sure next Sunday I only have pillows around me. I hate them both and find little redeeming in either one. Andrew is overbearing and selfish, and I am pretty sure Amira is in it to get to America to further her actress/model/whatever aspirations. 

Steph and... Harris

I do not want to get stuck with a defamation claim so I will just say Steph looks like what I imagine a sex tourist high on anti-anxiety drugs must resemble after four pina coladas. She is by far the worst in my opinion. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Last night kept building up my expectations and then dashing them against the wall, when I wasn't wanting to throttle various Americans.

Jovi and Yara

I now think Jovi's mom is absolutely lovely. I like the connection she's making with Yara, and that Yara was actually happy to have her along for the wedding, not just caving in. I liked both the too sexy dress and the one Yara eventually chose. Yes, a small selection to choose from but there wasn't a ton of time. Yara seems to be settling a bit in NOLA now, which can only be good for her. And Jovi seemed to be actually listening to Yara. And then... ugh. The bachelor party. Look, I don't have a problem that they went to a strip club. I have been to strip clubs myself (a long, long time ago) so whatever. It wasn't the making it rain on the semi-naked bodies that I had a problem with, it was the "I promised my fiancee the night before our wedding we have to fly to I would be back by X time but hey, my best friend says we should stay out longer so I will." NO! You make that kind of promise, you keep to it. UGH!

Julia and Brandon

After last week, I was getting okay with Betty. She gave Julia space during the dress shopping, and agreed with Julia that Brandon was too disengaged. Then she starts dictating all aspects of the big day itself. No! But what's even worse is that Brandon does. not. care. He made that clear. He's a wet blanket who is in no way ready to be a husband. He is not in it to be a team, he is clearly in it because he has a cute girl he likes to have sex with, and getting married means she can live here. So he can have sex with her. Look, I was very young in my first marriage too (25), and I made some BAD decisions getting married to my ex, but I never had a doubt we were in it as a team. Even when I was the one leading the team in everything domestic, we had jobs to do separately and together to make our lives better. JULIA RUN.

Hazel and Tarik

These people are boring for a couple who want to become a throuple. Hazel is right to lay down the law for Tarik -- you are either in this relationship with me as your wife and you respect the boundaries I place on who you can bang, or you're out. Hazel doesn't like Minty, fair enough. Personally I like Minty WAY more than Hazel and Tarik, I understand why you might not want to let her go but noooooooo. Also Hazel needs to just flat out admit she doesn't want Tarik to have any GF and that the only person who gets a GF is her.

Mike and Natalie

They got so, so close to coming back together in a meaningful way that acknowledged their love and their problems. Natalie's attitude was so much improved, especially how she accepted that COVID was messing up filing before the 90 days were up, and that this wasn't the end of the world even if it put her out of status. (I mean, what's the likelihood she would be near an ICE checkpoint during lockdown?) And then... kablooey. They both suck and they both don't deserve each other and totally deserve each other.

Rebecca and Zied

UGH! UGH AGAIN! Rebecca, your Zied is so pure and wonderful, and he is following what he believes are his religious obligations. Have the stupid courthouse wedding and then the big country hoedown or whatever you want for the reception. Like, uh, most K1 couples do? What is her problem? She is looking to mess up this marriage before it begins. I want to like her more (like me, she is also prone to tears at the drop of a hat) but I can't. I understood why she was accusing Zied of basically practicing "buffet Islam," where he picks and chooses what he want to observe, but come ON, girl. Like people of other faiths don't do that? If this is what he believes, she needs to respect it. I have ZERO doubt that man loves the stuffing out of her and there are no ulterior motives here. 

Andrew and Amira

If I have to hear either of them say the word "baby" again I will start throwing things. So I will make sure next Sunday I only have pillows around me. I hate them both and find little redeeming in either one. Andrew is overbearing and selfish, and I am pretty sure Amira is in it to get to America to further her actress/model/whatever aspirations. 

Steph and... Harris

I do not want to get stuck with a defamation claim so I will just say Steph looks like what I imagine a sex tourist high on anti-anxiety drugs must resemble after four pina coladas. She is by far the worst in my opinion. 

JoVara:   Jovi enjoys the single life WAY too much.  Yara is too whiney and a bit controlling... initially not wanting his mom and dad to attend the wedding?? WHAT????

JunDon:  She's adorable and funny.  Brandon's as crazy as his mother:  "Let's tell my parents you're sick BEFORE we take a 5-min pregnancy test"  WHAT THE HECK DUDE???

Harik:  100% Agree... Tarik needs to dump Hazel and stick with Minty!    

Mikalie:  Natalie should have returned to Ukraine a long time ago.   She was a non-fiance K1 visa holder for 80 days?   COME ON MIKE

ReZed:  Just DO THE DAMN PAPERWORK and have the big wedding later.  No one needs to know and it solves the Ramadan problem.  COME ON BECCA

Amandrew:   He is reaching WAY above his level.  She's cute, smart, and is WAY too forgiving.  She was in Mexico Detention while he enjoyed the resort.  She can do better.

Steparris:  The Irish have a word:  Slapper   (that's all I'm going to say)

Edited by Jon&Margz
grammar

31 minutes ago, Jon&Margz said:

JoVara:   Jovi enjoys the single life WAY too much.  Yara is too whiney and a bit controlling... initially not wanting his mom and dad to attend the wedding?? WHAT????

JunDon:  She's adorable and funny.  Brandon's as crazy as his mother:  "Let's tell my parents you're sick BEFORE we take a 5-min pregnancy test"  WHAT THE HECK DUDE???

Harik:  100% Agree... Tarik needs to dump Hazel and stick with Minty!    

Mikalie:  Natalie should have returned to Ukraine a long time ago.   She was a non-fiance K1 visa holder for 80 days?   COME ON MIKE

ReZed:  Just DO THE DAMN PAPERWORK and have the big wedding later.  No one needs to know and it solves the Ramadan problem.  COME ON BECCA

Amandrew:   He is reaching WAY above his level.  She's cute, smart, and is WAY too forgiving.  She was in Mexico Detention while he enjoyed the resort.  She can do better.

Steparris:  The Irish have a word:  Slapper   (that's all I'm going to say)

LOVE all the couple names!! :lol: HARIK!!! :lol:  So much better than Tarzel, just sayin'... 

My dislike of Amira comes 100% from reading waaaaaaaaaay too much about her on the 90 Day subreddit. There is a ton of gossip over there about what her true motivations are. I love her dad and her best friend though -- they're both fantastic, especially the friend.

I am familiar with the term "slapper" and hmmm, yes. She is a bit of one, isn't she? I mean, hours before Harris shows up she's in luuuuuuuuuuuveeeeeeee with Ryan and now, hmm, I think I'll bring Harris over. They're all interchangeable, aren't they?

out of the blue the casting people sent me another email asking how far along we were.....

the first time they contacted us was 2 years ago, ironically if we would be on we would be the same season as the other Natalie from Ukraine.....

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

I think I have made a massive mistake. I... may have signed up for Discovery+. 😭

So much 90 Day.....

So they stopped showing this show on TLC and now it's only online for a fee?  Must be because I haven't seen any new episodes in a few weeks on my DVR, and I couldn't care any less. 

This show already jumped the shark anyway.

Edited by Eric-Pris