Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Can just about guarantee you there are no immigration attorneys in Hazlehurst GA

He also does Bankruptcy, family, tort and insurance law  ;)

https://www.lawyers.com/vidalia/georgia/c-lewis-tippett-1461111-a/

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

4 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

He also does Bankruptcy, family, tort and insurance law  ;)

https://www.lawyers.com/vidalia/georgia/c-lewis-tippett-1461111-a/

There is a sizable Hispanic population in the area,so I guess him doing it as a general attorney makes sense 

2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Anfisa 😂

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just watching Syngin and Tania makes me cringe. When the season started I thought they would be the only normal couple on the show, but the way she acts is just, ugh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 12/30/2019 at 8:41 PM, Eric-Pris said:

Lawyers are con artists, they will say whatever the clients wants to hear. 

99% of all lawyers give the rest a bad name.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Compromise:  99.44%.  Like Ivory soap.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/30/2019 at 9:41 PM, Eric-Pris said:

Lawyers are con artists, they will say whatever the clients wants to hear.  If they say that a K-1 takes 6-9 months the client won't like it, but a tourist visa takes a few weeks.  They don't care if the people commit fraud, or get denied for a tourist visa, they still get paid.  They can deny deny deny, if anything.

I am an attorney, and I get offended by your comment,  "Lawyers are con artists". I am on visa journey for 14 years answering questions without charging anyone. 

30 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I am an attorney, and I get offended by your comment,  "Lawyers are con artists". I am on visa journey for 14 years answering questions without charging anyone. 

Pretty accurately and often not what the person wants to hear too. ;)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

39 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I didn't say they all are, you must be in the 0.01%.🤣

Speaking seriously, there probably are good ones I'm sure.  I just haven't met many in my 43 years.  Most are interested in sucking every last drop of blood from their client.

One recent LONG (sorry), personal, family story about a typical lawyer (and judge) fleecing.  Somebody in my family was getting older and she developed Alzheimer's, so she was no longer able to function and take care of herself.   Her net worth was close to 2 million in savings and property.  She had 5 daughters.  One of her daughters wanted to move her into her own home and care for her, but another daughter wanted to put her in a nursing home.  They started bickering, so it went to court and some judge assigned a "random" lawyer as custodian (or whatever it's called) to oversee her estate.  She ended up being placed in a home, the custodian felt it was the best idea (later you'll see that he had a financial interest in it).  The place was horrible, but cost something like $2000/week IIRC.  And she was there for almost 3 years until she finally died from the from the disease and/or negligence.  She kept having to go to the hospital for bed sores, infections, etc, so there were tons of medical bills that Medicare didn't cover. 

This lawyer that oversaw her estate would write checks to pay the home rent, medical bills, utilities on the property, property taxes, do her tax returns, etc.  And for each check her wrote, he took a commission/fee % of the check amount for himself, and charged $600/hr whenever he had to go to court for a hearing, or did anything related to her estate (i.e. meet with a family member)--all billed.  Because of the laws, he was required to send a detailed list of charges to all the daughters annually, so I got to see the charges.  Massive over-billing.  They had a hearing in front of the same judge every few months to go over things.  When one of the daughters mentioned the over billing, the judge told her to "SHUT UP".  Who does that???? So the next hearing she brought her own lawyer and the judge told him to sit down each time he contradicted the custodian.  Basically, whatever the custodian wanted is what happened, regardless of what the family wanted.  He had absolute control over her life and more importantly, finances.  There was no checks and balances.  And then came the property, an apartment building worth 1.5 million.  He first listed it at 1.3 million and it didn't sell right away, so he reduced the price weekly, to get rid of it quicker.  After a couple of months, he ended up selling it for 780,000, and took a nice commission.  And then sent a letter to the daughters after the sale about some magical back taxes that just appeared out of the blue (riiiiight), that he had to pay from the proceeds, lowering the amount in the estate even more.  More lies.  She was meticulous about paying bills.   

During the 3 years in the home, it cost somewhere around $500,000 for the rent and medical bills.   (that's $500k squandered when she could have stayed with her daughter and be better taken care of for free.)  But then the lawyer would't make a commission, so we know why he sent her to a home.  The lawyer's total fees and commissions amounted to over $400,000 in the end.   The rest was spent to pay bills, taxes, services (he charged $1500 to do her tax returns), etc.  In the end, $100k was unaccounted for, but nobody was allowed to question it during any hearing.  After she died, a bunch of new bills magically appeared that had to be paid.   Before this mess, her daughters stood to inherit at least a quarter million dollars each easy.  All said and done, they each ended up with just over $10,000, which after a year the checks still haven't arrived.  10 thousand dollars.  She had almost half a million in savings and a house worth 1.5 million.  The big winners were the lawyer and the old age home. 

We later learned that the judge and lawyer were longtime friends and the assignment was a favor for the guy to cash in.  I'm sure they split the money.  And the missing money too I'm sure.  This story is probably more closer to typical, than out of the ordinary. 

On 1/6/2020 at 11:00 PM, Eric-Pris said:

I didn't say they all are, you must be in the 0.01%.🤣

Speaking seriously, there probably are good ones I'm sure.  I just haven't met many in my 43 years.  Most are interested in sucking every last drop of blood from their client.

One recent LONG (sorry), personal, family story about a typical lawyer (and judge) fleecing.  Somebody in my family was getting older and she developed Alzheimer's, so she was no longer able to function and take care of herself.   Her net worth was close to 2 million in savings and property.  She had 5 daughters.  One of her daughters wanted to move her into her own home and care for her, but another daughter wanted to put her in a nursing home.  They started bickering, so it went to court and some judge assigned a "random" lawyer as custodian (or whatever it's called) to oversee her estate.  She ended up being placed in a home, the custodian felt it was the best idea (later you'll see that he had a financial interest in it).  The place was horrible, but cost something like $2000/week IIRC.  And she was there for almost 3 years until she finally died from the from the disease and/or negligence.  She kept having to go to the hospital for bed sores, infections, etc, so there were tons of medical bills that Medicare didn't cover. 

This lawyer that oversaw her estate would write checks to pay the home rent, medical bills, utilities on the property, property taxes, do her tax returns, etc.  And for each check her wrote, he took a commission/fee % of the check amount for himself, and charged $600/hr whenever he had to go to court for a hearing, or did anything related to her estate (i.e. meet with a family member)--all billed.  Because of the laws, he was required to send a detailed list of charges to all the daughters annually, so I got to see the charges.  Massive over-billing.  They had a hearing in front of the same judge every few months to go over things.  When one of the daughters mentioned the over billing, the judge told her to "SHUT UP".  Who does that???? So the next hearing she brought her own lawyer and the judge told him to sit down each time he contradicted the custodian.  Basically, whatever the custodian wanted is what happened, regardless of what the family wanted.  He had absolute control over her life and more importantly, finances.  There was no checks and balances.  And then came the property, an apartment building worth 1.5 million.  He first listed it at 1.3 million and it didn't sell right away, so he reduced the price weekly, to get rid of it quicker.  After a couple of months, he ended up selling it for 780,000, and took a nice commission.  And then sent a letter to the daughters after the sale about some magical back taxes that just appeared out of the blue (riiiiight), that he had to pay from the proceeds, lowering the amount in the estate even more.  More lies.  She was meticulous about paying bills.   

During the 3 years in the home, it cost somewhere around $500,000 for the rent and medical bills.   (that's $500k squandered when she could have stayed with her daughter and be better taken care of for free.)  But then the lawyer would't make a commission, so we know why he sent her to a home.  The lawyer's total fees and commissions amounted to over $400,000 in the end.   The rest was spent to pay bills, taxes, services (he charged $1500 to do her tax returns), etc.  In the end, $100k was unaccounted for, but nobody was allowed to question it during any hearing.  After she died, a bunch of new bills magically appeared that had to be paid.   Before this mess, her daughters stood to inherit at least a quarter million dollars each easy.  All said and done, they each ended up with just over $10,000, which after a year the checks still haven't arrived.  10 thousand dollars.  She had almost half a million in savings and a house worth 1.5 million.  The big winners were the lawyer and the old age home. 

We later learned that the judge and lawyer were longtime friends and the assignment was a favor for the guy to cash in.  I'm sure they split the money.  And the missing money too I'm sure.  This story is probably more closer to typical, than out of the ordinary. 

Correct a Guardian Ad Litem is fairly standard procedure when families cannot agree on  how to care for an incapacitated adult.

Timeline

As a lawyer, I find the run of the mill story is pretty boring and goes smoothly. But those events don't make for good stories so you tend to hear most about the bad. And then there are clients who just can't deal with losing and blame the attorney even if they were warned of slim chances. 

There are horrid stories about clients doing awful too and we tend to joke professionally about clients being the worst.  

Ultimately in anything in life most things will be normal with some outlier omg amazing and some omg how dare they on the occasion. :)

Angela's lawyer "Lew" is telling her that she can appeal the K-1 and 60% chance to win it.  🤣  This is what happens when a general lawyer takes an immigration case.