Eric-Pris

90 Day Fiance -- season ??? [merged threads]

2,971 posts in this topic

So how many of these freaks are from GA. I know Chantel is. Angela is. Seems like one or two more. We seem to be over  represented. 

Angela is from Hazlehurst Ga , which is a rural small south Ga Town. Chantel is from the A which is very very different than Hazlehurst. 

Rebecca is from Canton  which is a North Ga town at the foot hills of the Smokeys about an hour North of Atlanta. 

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

he didn’t bring her a gift when he flew thousands of miles to see her

While I think Brother Akinyi is being a bit of a jerk ... I thought Benjamin arriving without any (small) gift was a bit thoughtless.  He should have brought Akinyi something small (silk scarf),  Brother Akinyi and sisters a small gift (chocolate /.candies), and definitely something for the parents.   It really is the thought more than the gift.  Whether Benjamin has money or not - it's perceived he is coming from a rich nation traveling to a poor country.  When I visited my wife's family while she and I were engaged - I brought chocolate for the extended family.   I paid for the engagement dinner ($500 for 50 people).   The next day we had planned to take a day trip to the local volcano and about 75 people showed up.  I was like - wow - we need to start checking IDs to make sure everyone is family!   In the end - it was all for my wife.  So that she would feel proud, and her family feel appreciated.   Small gestures would go a long way, Benjamin.

2 minutes ago, Jon&Margz said:

While I think Brother Akinyi is being a bit of a jerk ... I thought Benjamin arriving without any (small) gift was a bit thoughtless.  He should have brought Akinyi something small (silk scarf),  Brother Akinyi and sisters a small gift (chocolate /.candies), and definitely something for the parents.   It really is the thought more than the gift.  Whether Benjamin has money or not - it's perceived he is coming from a rich nation traveling to a poor country.  When I visited my wife's family while she and I were engaged - I brought chocolate for the extended family.   I paid for the engagement dinner ($500 for 50 people).   The next day we had planned to take a day trip to the local volcano and about 75 people showed up.  I was like - wow - we need to start checking IDs to make sure everyone is family!   In the end - it was all for my wife.  So that she would feel proud, and her family feel appreciated.   Small gestures would go a long way, Benjamin.

exactly. Like I said some cultures it's kinda of expected . Pasalubong. We can carry the same exact snickers bar you can buy in the Philippines, but its a big deal for some reason because it came from America. 

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

In some cultures its kind of expected.

And I get that. But I don’t buy this whole “it’s my culture” thing that they have on 90DF. Akinyi was online looking for a “white man” to date. That’s not a traditional Kenyan way to marry someone. 

Zied annoys me for the same reasons. Criticizes Rebecca and fights with her over a low-cut shirt in a club where another female guest was wearing a mini skirt, saying “it’s my culture - you can’t wear that”, playing the traditional Muslim man. But he’s online looking for an American, non-Muslim woman, finds one who has been married more than once, is more than 20 years older than him, is tattooed, meets her at a hotel for sex before they are married, very little chance of her bearing him a child (she’s already 47). So far nothing about him suggests he’s a devout Muslim. He’s breaking cultural norms left, right and center.  But when she puts a sleeveless shirt on he can’t handle it and out comes the old “it’s my culture” mantra. No wonder she’s confused! There’s no way it would be socially acceptable for him to date a Tunisian woman, non-Muslim, 20 years older, previously married, tattooed, and take her to a hotel for sex before they are married. But because Rebecca comes with the promise of a green card, all previous rules don’t apply. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

6 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

So how many of these freaks are from GA. I know Chantel is. Angela is. Seems like one or two more. We seem to be over  represented. 

Angela is from Hazlehurst Ga , which is a rural small south Ga Town. Chantel is from the A which is very very different than Hazlehurst. 

Rebecca is from Canton  which is a North Ga town at the foot hills of the Smokeys about an hour North of Atlanta. 

Molly from a few seasons back who married the Sanky from the DR is from Georgia also.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

3 hours ago, Mary Lou said:

Molly from a few seasons back who married the Sanky from the DR is from Georgia also.

I had to look up "Sanky'.

Yes, he played her like a deck of cards to get his greencard.

ChickBoy

The other way... so that Indian guy Sumit is already arranged-married.  I'm not sure what his plan was to bring grandma Jenny to India to live with while also going to visit his parents, and presumably his wife.  This almost seems fake.  Who would think that it could work?...

I understand cultural customs but this practice of arranged marriages against people's will just because parents make some deal with some other parents is crazy.  I've spent about 11 weeks in India over 2 trips to train some new employees that my company hired when we outsourced some jobs.  I got a chance to talk to some of the people informally about their lives.  I saw first hand that many of them revered their parents to a point where their opinion was like words from God.  They were mid to late 20's and most still lived with parents.  Their parents fully controlled their lives, from deciding schooling and jobs they take to their relationships.  Some of them admitted that they were going to get arranged married, and didn't feel like they had any say in it.  But in their opinion it seems to be decreasing.  I think with social media and internet these young people are seeing the outside world and are starting to realize how silly arranged marriage is.

The other way... Tiffany is getting bigger (apart from the pregnancy).  I don't remember her being that big in the earlier episodes.  They are starting to plan for the birth. Since they are broke because she came with nothing and he's a "recovering gambling addict" (as she reminds us every 2 minutes). They went to visit a public hospital since they can't afford a private hospital.  The funniest part was the maternity nurse saying that they "try" to avoid having women deliver the baby on the floor due to low resources and overcrowding.

Korean Jihoon seems to be some kind of petty criminal, reselling stolen cell phones and being deep in debt.  He has some kind of pending criminal cases Another case of the USC not really knowing the person they were moving across the world for.  It seems that the common denominator across all of these people moving to India, South Africa, Tunisia, etc is that they really have no other options.  They are not living well off in the US.  They didn't go with much money, so they are fully dependent on their partners.

Laura is another emotional headcase.  Seems to be on the verge of tears at any given moment.  Her son seems like a big baby.  He travels to Tunisia for their 3 day wedding and them decides to stay in the hotel and not attend the wedding.  Not sure if that was his plan, maybe to sabotage the wedding. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

The other way... so that Indian guy Sumit is already arranged-married.  I'm not sure what his plan was to bring grandma Jenny to India to live with while also going to visit his parents, and presumably his wife.  This almost seems fake.  Who would think that it could work?...

I understand cultural customs but this practice of arranged marriages against people's will just because parents make some deal with some other parents is crazy.  I've spent about 11 weeks in India over 2 trips to train some new employees that my company hired when we outsourced some jobs.  I got a chance to talk to some of the people informally about their lives.  I saw first hand that many of them revered their parents to a point where their opinion was like words from God.  They were mid to late 20's and most still lived with parents.  Their parents fully controlled their lives, from deciding schooling and jobs they take to their relationships.  Some of them admitted that they were going to get arranged married, and didn't feel like they had any say in it.  But in their opinion it seems to be decreasing.  I think with social media and internet these young people are seeing the outside world and are starting to realize how silly arranged marriage is.

I read online that she already knew he was in this marriage, before she went to India. I think 90% of this show is completely scripted.... Darcy, too..... No one can be that pathetic..... I don't know why I still watch it. I started watching it, because we were going through the process and I was hoping to gain knowledge. The first couple seasons they seemed like legitimate couples, now they have gone with complete train wrecks, lies and fake story lines 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, E & J 2018 said:

I read online that she already knew he was in this marriage, before she went to India. I think 90% of this show is completely scripted.... Darcy, too..... No one can be that pathetic..... I don't know why I still watch it. I started watching it, because we were going through the process and I was hoping to gain knowledge. The first couple seasons they seemed like legitimate couples, now they have gone with complete train wrecks, lies and fake story lines 

We came across articles that said the same thing. As well as about Caesar from Before the 90 Days. Apparently he's an aspiring actor and came on the show to fake the whole thing, whether they were never actually in a relationship or they were and no longer are. Now every time we watch him, I feel like I'm watching a really bad reenactment - nothing about him seems believable anymore.

Håll ut, y'all.

K1 Process                                                                                AOS Process

July 2015 - met online thanks to Zak Bagans                                                            May 25, 2018 - South Carolina marriage license issued

June 2016 - first in-person meeting                                                                             May 26, 2018 - legally married

August 2016 - stateside visit                                                                                        June 7, 2018 - applied for Social Security Number [manual verification required]

February-April 2017 - stateside visit                                                                           June 18, 2018 - SSN/card received in the mail

April 4, 2017 - got engaged                                                                                          June 30, 2018 - submitted I-485 (AOS)/I-765 (EAD)/I-131 (AP) together

June 5, 2017 - submitted I129F                                                                                   July 9, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP electronic NOA1 received

June 12, 2017 - received NOA1                                                                                   July 13, 2018 - AOS/EAD/AP hard copy NOA1 received (dated July 6, 2018)

December 1, 2017 - received NOA2                                                                            July 25, 2018 - Biometrics appointment (Charlotte, NC)

January 17, 2018 - NVC received case                                                                      August 1, 2018 - case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

January 18, 2018 - received NVC case number by phone                                      August 11, 2018 - case status updated to "I-485 Interview Scheduled"

January 24, 2018 - packet received via email                                                           August 16, 2018 - AOS Interview Scheduled letter received

February 15, 2018 - medical appointment                                                                 August 28, 2018 - visited civil surgeon (Winston-Salem, NC) to complete I-693

February-March 2018 - trip to Gothenburg                                                                                                [beneficiary had to get one remaining vaccination stateside]

February 22, 2018 - interview at the US Embassy in Stockholm                            September 18, 2018 - I-485/AOS Interview in Greer, SC

[passed, pending receipt of medical papers]                           September 18, 2018 - case status updated to "Card Has Been Issued/Mailed"

February 27, 2018 - medical papers received by Embassy                                     September 25, 2018 - Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2018 - visa received in the mail with passport                                          October 6, 2018 - traditional wedding with family & friends

May 16, 2018 - POE in Charlotte, NC

Up next.... Removal of Conditions!

4 hours ago, E & J 2018 said:

Exactly 

I'm starting to feel the same as you guys.  The past couple of seasons has been more and more ridiculous.    At least the early seasons were believable but this guy Caesar has put it over the top.  Darcey I believe is that crazy, she has some kind of mental disorder. 

I still watch it.  I don't know why either, but I still do, but not with the same anticipation as before since I know it's mostly fake and scripted now.

But the cake scene with Angela and Maaaah-kuuuul was pure gold!

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

On 9/17/2019 at 7:08 AM, E & J 2018 said:

Yup.  So disappointing.  I guess they find the need to manufacture these things, rather than looking for the organically cray situations like Danielle and Mohammed.  I consider them to be the gold standard now!

13 hours ago, Eric-Pris said:

I'm starting to feel the same as you guys.  The past couple of seasons has been more and more ridiculous.    At least the early seasons were believable but this guy Caesar has put it over the top.  Darcey I believe is that crazy, she has some kind of mental disorder. 

I still watch it.  I don't know why either, but I still do, but not with the same anticipation as before since I know it's mostly fake and scripted now.

At least The Family Chantel is over. I am not sure why i expected it to be any different then their regular fighting and blame game episodes.

Sad to say the only couple i am interested in is Pole and Karine, and that isn't saying much 😂 

The whole Caesar story, and now Jenny, plus i don't care for Evelin.Like some other posters have commented, Tiffany going on and on about Ronald being a recovering gambling addict who put her through so much!! She is like a twin to Rachel of Jon and Rachel, it's not fair!!!!!!!!!

Avery and Omar, disaster in the making. Rebecca and her greasy haired man, uggg. After her, i had a relationship with a woman, bombshell, i don't see them lasting either. 

Angela is very abusive to Michael, the pie in the face was funny though, not the physical parts of her pushing him ect.

Darcey competing with Stacy, maybe if she laid off the booze, and got some therapy she wouldn't be such a crazy mess. She isn't a role model for the daughters to say the least, they seem to have more sense then she does.

I know im forgetting someone else...........I'd rather watch Pillow Talk, minus Mother Debbie and Coltee

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1