DmytriiD

200 days after NOA1. Is this normal?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Derik-Lina said:

Can you think of a reason why? 

I asked a Tier II representative recently. There is no reason why. I did get an RFE that required extra time, but beyond that no. A friend of mine that used to work for the immigration years ago, mentioned that applications were processed by country. If you miss your country’s turn, you would  have to wait until the next time it came around. This might explain why, if they still follow the same procedure. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mrgunnar said:

I asked a Tier II representative recently. There is no reason why. I did get an RFE that required extra time, but beyond that no. A friend of mine that used to work for the immigration years ago, mentioned that applications were processed by country. If you miss your country’s turn, you would  have to wait until the next time it came around. This might explain why, if they still follow the same procedure. 

Are you at NVC now? maybe you go smoothly there and make up the lost time.

Honest-Love-Respect

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Derik-Lina said:

I am Oct 3rd CR1 and 2 people from February 2018 have been approved.

The USCIS emailed me:

"We ask that you allow additional time for this process to take place since we process these cases in the order received. " In the order received??? My question:

is it possible that the Officers who are Humans with Political views, feelings, gender, nationality affiliations etc....could approve some applications before others??? 

Honestly, I am trying my hardest to come up with an explanation. True every case is different, but 3 and 5 months difference between Application A and Application B s approvals is a bit extensive. 

BACKGROUND CHECKS for one

YMMV

Timeline
31 minutes ago, payxibka said:

BACKGROUND CHECKS for one

I can’t agree more! However, being patient is of great value while we enduring this process. Hopefully we all will be home free soon!

Edited by Mrgunnar

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

I see that but people from November and December getting approvals before all October fillers are done...why is that possible? What is the logic of process?

there is no logic, its not done in order. 301 days here. I think they skim ones that go perfectly, ie: other agencies requests respond quickly in a first pass. you can easily go into the not priority pile you miss that. They dont cry for anyone over 200, dont expect any actual special attention. That said they do get to everyone sooner or later so try to relax theres nothing wrong with your case until they tell you of an issue. no news is good news except for the waiting part.

Edited by NateAndJessica

Timeline
8 hours ago, Derik-Lina said:

Are you at NVC now? maybe you go smoothly there and make up the lost time.

Not yet, still waiting! The USCIS has 90 days to send the case over to the NVC. Most cases on VJ shows from two to four weeks. The NVC’s representative said that files being received no later than four to six weeks. We are into our fifth week waiting now, so hopefully soon!!

Edited by Mrgunnar

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 5/12/2018 at 6:17 PM, Derik-Lina said:

Can you think of a reason why? 

The immigration process is done per country. One week they process applications from one country, next week the next country in line. I was told this by a person that worked for a processing center a few years back. So, if you miss that week, your waiting time will be longer. Also, if you get an RFE that adds at least 30 days to it too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.