2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, saeric said:

really? I know someone who went ahead and scheduled her interview. The P3 came before  the interview date

I saw ready on ceac website on June 28 and that day I print and schedule my appointment till 17th of this month and the next day I did my medicals, And at this point I have not received my packet 3.

So I called the embassy and they said they haven't received my physical file they only have electronic file and if they did not send me my packet 3 before my interview date,  I won't be able to attend the interview.

And God so good I receive my packet 3 5 days before the interview even though I have done everything with without packet 3.

So I did my interview and I was approved.

So if you went ahead and do all these,  and they haven't email you packet 3 interview won't take place.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hello everyone! My fiancée has her interview on Wednesday in Togo. Any helpful advice that we might benefit from? Thank you for the support and the help 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Hi y'all. 

Just reading through some things and I have found that as we enter as a K1 we have the right to work as long as the K1/I94 is unexpired (so 90 days) and provided we can convince a the POE officer to stamp our passport.

Not that I will be working but I just thought it was interesting. Has anyone else heard of this/experienced getting the stamp? 

This is outdated information.

One of the side effects of pretty much nothing ever going away online is that outdated information tends to linger in search results, especially if the people who put up the original site are no longer actively maintaining it. You can see lots of examples of this in questions people ask here every day.

Heck, even here, the "What visa do I need" guide still mentions the K3 even though it's been effectively obsolete for years, and doesn't mention this.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

3 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

This is outdated information.

One of the side effects of pretty much nothing ever going away online is that outdated information tends to linger in search results, especially if the people who put up the original site are no longer actively maintaining it. You can see lots of examples of this in questions people ask here every day.

Heck, even here, the "What visa do I need" guide still mentions the K3 even though it's been effectively obsolete for years, and doesn't mention this.

Alrighty! Thanks for responding. I'll do my do diligence and ask my post to be removed so others are not mislead. Thanks again for responding so quick.

Timeline
22 hours ago, CI rolling said:

I saw ready on ceac website on June 28 and that day I print and schedule my appointment till 17th of this month and the next day I did my medicals, And at this point I have not received my packet 3.

So I called the embassy and they said they haven't received my physical file they only have electronic file and if they did not send me my packet 3 before my interview date,  I won't be able to attend the interview.

And God so good I receive my packet 3 5 days before the interview even though I have done everything with without packet 3.

So I did my interview and I was approved.

So if you went ahead and do all these,  and they haven't email you packet 3 interview won't take place.

I see what you mean. So basically without packet 3 no way? no problem then. I will do the medicals and everything and wait. I believe the medical is valid for 6 mnths. how much did you do your police report?

Timeline
9 hours ago, araliadam said:

Hello everyone! My fiancée has her interview on Wednesday in Togo. Any helpful advice that we might benefit from? Thank you for the support and the help 

youlive in my city and one of my best friends is from Togo. best wishes to your fiancee.

Timeline
On 7/13/2018 at 11:23 AM, Novah said:

Fiance has his VISA IN HAND! To God be the glory! Tears of joy! 

@ChuAni

Good luck to everyone else still waiting! I will forever be grateful for this forum. (L) 

wow congratulations to you. Please post a review :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, saeric said:

I see what you mean. So basically without packet 3 no way? no problem then. I will do the medicals and everything and wait. I believe the medical is valid for 6 mnths. how much did you do your police report?

Please when you book your appointment give like 2 weeks and four days after your medicals for your interview before the two weeks expire your packet 3 will be sent to you.

As for police report I paid 3k, don't negotiate when you get there just go with your passport and two passport photograph and tell them what you need the police report for, after they have done everything just give them 3k., after all it suppose to be free.

My thoughts are with those still waiting for their NOA2.

My fiance and I had our interview on July 9th. We are waiting for the visa to be processed.

We provided all requested documents. My fiancé has twins. Although we've expressed they are not expected to follow…we were asked to provide their birth certificates to be processed (the NVC creates cases for children of the beneficiary).

In hindsight, I can see why the consulate would want their info…in case something happens to the mother.

I was quite frustrated because I felt like we should have been notified to have the birth certificates for the children whether they plan to follow or not. We would have had the documents at the interview and would not have been delayed in the having the visa processed.

Good news, is we are approved…documents were received for processing. The CEAC site shows that the case has been updated twice last week.

We're praying for the issued visa this week.

I extended my stay a whole week hoping he'd be able to travel with me. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

God willing…we will be blessed with the visa this week. In God's time….we are thankful to be able to receive the visa.

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Timeline
22 hours ago, CI rolling said:

Please when you book your appointment give like 2 weeks and four days after your medicals for your interview before the two weeks expire your packet 3 will be sent to you.

As for police report I paid 3k, don't negotiate when you get there just go with your passport and two passport photograph and tell them what you need the police report for, after they have done everything just give them 3k., after all it suppose to be free.

hahaha Correct! So I plan to do the medical in abuja. it only takes 3 days but I will still allow time to make sure we receive the p3. my case has been at NVC for 17 days today.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
27 minutes ago, sarahsad said:

@JMCKNG Hey there! Any luck yet?? We are 12 days waiting today. A girl on facebook finally got her packet 3 so we are hoping this week!!! 

No luck yet! My fiancé has now emailed them 3 times.. hoping this week as well as we are on day day 17. How many days was she at??

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Fiance had his medical in London on Saturday!  Said it went well and they told him if he doesnt hear anything then no news is good news lol. His interview is the 2nd of August. Oh and they told him with his two remainder shots to get a few copies from his doctor when he gets them and hold on to them till we apply for the green card! 

On 7/18/2018 at 5:09 PM, JMCKNG said:

@JMCKNGDam! That is so weird. Her case took 10 days. It was received by the embassy on the 9th and on the 19th she got packet 3. However, she sent her papers to the embassy before the embassy even received her case and she already made an appointment, paid the visa fee and did her medical. Her appointment at first was for the 30th or Aug and later she logged back in and was able to change it to the 7th of August. So at least that is good news, that there is a possibility to change them to an early date. I hope you hear something tomorrow!!!!! Sending good energy your way. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.