2,323 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Ahhhhhh I see. I'm guessing they send you another email stating that you are eligible to schedule the interview then like you stated above many posts ago???? 

And they have not sent that to you yet???

Exactly! They are going to inform us when they receive the hardcopy. That's what they told my fiance. But they should've mentioned that in their first email to us. 

18 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Exactly! They are going to inform us when they receive the hardcopy. That's what they told my fiance. But they should've mentioned that in their first email to us. 

I'm going to say something that you might not agree with but by what you have described I can compare the process through Islamabad to that of other countries who receive P3 and P4. 

The email notification that you received stating that your (electronic) petition was received at your embassy is essentially P3. In my country, you cannot schedule the interview at that time. Well you can and ignore their instructions not to and schedule but you wont be able to attend until your petition has been received at the embassy and you have received the invitation to schedule the interview via the P4. Just like in Islamabad, you will be turned away at the door.

Sooooo (again you might not agree with me but) it seems like you were supposed to wait for Islamabad to contact you (P4) to tell you that your hardcopy (again P4) had arrived at the embassy. 

In my country portal, they talk about getting ahead of the process all of the time and not waiting for notifications from our embassy to proceed forward and I think it's a great possibility that that is how your fellow country men have adopted to do it too. 

Like our fellow guru, Greenbaum states: "Trust the process". Know that there IS a process for your embassy and you must wait accordingly for your turn in spite of what many have done before you. 

30 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I'm going to say something that you might not agree with but by what you have described I can compare the process through Islamabad to that of other countries who receive P3 and P4. 

The email notification that you received stating that your (electronic) petition was received at your embassy is essentially P3. In my country, you cannot schedule the interview at that time. Well you can and ignore their instructions not to and schedule but you wont be able to attend until your petition has been received at the embassy and you have received the invitation to schedule the interview via the P4. Just like in Islamabad, you will be turned away at the door.

Sooooo (again you might not agree with me but) it seems like you were supposed to wait for Islamabad to contact you (P4) to tell you that your hardcopy (again P4) had arrived at the embassy. 

In my country portal, they talk about getting ahead of the process all of the time and not waiting for notifications from our embassy to proceed forward and I think it's a great possibility that that is how your fellow country men have adopted to do it too. 

Like our fellow guru, Greenbaum states: "Trust the process". Know that there IS a process for your embassy and you must wait accordingly for your turn in spite of what many have done before you. 

I do agree with that but our case is unique because of the transfer.... 

And i spoke to so many people about the processs in the pakistani portal for k1.. no one waited for p3 or p4..and moved forward after ceac updated to ready. There are even several threads.. 

Lesson learned

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarac9 said:

I do agree with that but our case is unique because of the transfer.... 

And i spoke to so many people about the processs in the pakistani portal for k1.. no one waited for p3 or p4..and moved forward after ceac updated to ready. There are even several threads.. 

Lesson learned

Yeah lagos embassy won't interview you until they sent you the next instructions, and that's is after they have received your physical file.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Okay I will apologize now if this has been answered else where but does anyone know what it means when it says your case is under Administrative Processing?  NOA2 was received in Mid June, we received notice from NVC that we were approved and the case was going to the Guangzhou Embassy in China.  It was saying Ready but now its saying Administrative Processing.  Does that mean that our case has arrived in China and my Fiance will be hearing from them in the hopefully near future?

Thanks,

Erik

43 minutes ago, moonprince1701 said:

Okay I will apologize now if this has been answered else where but does anyone know what it means when it says your case is under Administrative Processing?  NOA2 was received in Mid June, we received notice from NVC that we were approved and the case was going to the Guangzhou Embassy in China.  It was saying Ready but now its saying Administrative Processing.  Does that mean that our case has arrived in China and my Fiance will be hearing from them in the hopefully near future?

Thanks,

Erik

It means it is being processed by the embassy and they should send the packet 3 soon.

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Packet 3 Packet 3 where are you? Almost 2 weeks... :(

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

2 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

Packet 3 Packet 3 where are you? Almost 2 weeks... :(

Mine took 15 days from "Ready". Almost!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Mine took 15 days from "Ready". Almost!

Yes hoping for then something next week if not tomorrow! Does your embassy email Packet 3 or hard copy mail? Our's emails the packet. 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

21 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Yes hoping for then something next week if not tomorrow! Does your embassy email Packet 3 or hard copy mail? Our's emails the packet. 

Mine (Canada) both emailed me and sent me a hard copy of P3. And they both came on the same day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 7/18/2018 at 8:26 PM, CCCCCF said:

It means it is being processed by the embassy and they should send the packet 3 soon.

Thanks @CCCCCF.  I thought that is probably what it meant but the only thing I could find on line was for after the interview.  This puts our minds at ease a little bit.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 7/18/2018 at 5:31 PM, CI rolling said:

Yeah lagos embassy won't interview you until they sent you the next instructions, and that's is after they have received your physical file.

really? I know someone who went ahead and scheduled her interview. The P3 came before  the interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So guys just an update, after being approved at the Embassy last Wednesday. Collected my passport yesterday from the DX office in London. They sent me an email around 4pm on Thursday to say that. So I have my POE tomorrow!!! Thank you for all the support here and will continue to post about POE once I'm settled!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.