2,323 posts in this topic

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Laura93 said:

Omg thats mad yeah that was me! in the red top haha yeah same happened to me so I rang the office that issued it and explained the situation and they have a new certificate waiting for me to pick up at 5pm today so tell her to definitely ring the number on the certificate she has already, your fiancee is lovely I never got her name tho:( and your daughters so cute! calmed my nerves down talking to her anyway the time went by quicker :)

Oh yeah the way she told the story I thought that you’d both introduced yourselves. She asked wasn’t the girl from VJ named Laura? cuz she talked to a Laura there lol. Glad that you both met! Her name is MJ, pretty cool! I’ll pass on what you said. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, emekus94 said:

You have to call USCIS since they issued those and see if they will re-issue/mail it again.
You probably need to know what that original WAC # was to ask about it.

Am not sure if they will still keep track of it since that was such a long time ago but they are the only ones you can get it from.
Good luck girl!

thank you! i probably wont need to call them as i think i know where i put them (in my portfolio that i lost on the metro). luckily i put in a claim and they didnt throw away my portfolio and it is chilling in lost and found lol 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
32 minutes ago, sarahsad said:

@JMCKNG I know, you are so right!!! We think about all the couples apart right now and we give thanks every morning we are together. What part of Spain is your fiancé from? I have been in Spain for 3 years. I met my fiancé 2 years ago and then we applied for "pareja de hecho" and a residency card. It took about 10 months to receive it. I just now got my residency card so I am allowed to travel outside of Spain. It is like when our finances apply for the green card, they cannot leave the country until they have the green card in hand. MAN the world sure makes it complicated to love someone from another country eh? If you don't mind, could you please keep us updated about when you receive packet 3? That way we will know more or less what to expect. :) Thank you!!!! and mucho animo! Vais a estar juntos pronto!!

Yes you are so lucky!! I would love to be in your position right now truly.. next to the one you love. My fiance is from Malaga! BEAUTIFUL city and would love to have started our life together there but I have young twins and currently our life will need to be in the states during this first chapter! So we have done the back and forth for the past 2 years. I agree with you though! I always look back as well at timeline of VJ members that filed for this Visa category years ago and were able to get it completed in a matter of a few months and how extended the time frames are now :( We probably would have done the spousal visa if we knew it would take around 10 months to approve but it is what it is.. hoping and praying for a late August or early September arrival for him!! I will keep you updated with anything that we receive from the embassy!! :wub:

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Question: 

Our case was accidentally sent to london, we requested a transfer request to islamabad. It was electronically transferred to islamabad in a day and our case status changed to Ready. We received an email saying that they have our electronic copy. So based on that we moved forward with scheduling medical and interview. Fiance went for interview on july 16, 2018. Went up to the window where they collect documents. He was told since they dont have his hardcopy they can't interview him and will have to reschedule. 

So we emailed both london and islamabad ro find out where pur hardcopy is. 

Got a response that it was transferred on june 19, 2018. Even NVC says our files are in Islamabad. 

Funny thing happened 

We have two status 

First one last updated july 16, 2018 stating LND2018***** 01 ISL Ready

The second one last updated July 18, 2018 stating 

LND2018***** 01LND Transfer in Progress 

What is going on??? 

Because both embassies have confirmed that electronic file is in islamabad and the hard copy is on its way... 

Anyone can help me figure this one out 

4 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Question: 

Our case was accidentally sent to london, we requested a transfer request to islamabad. It was electronically transferred to islamabad in a day and our case status changed to Ready. We received an email saying that they have our electronic copy. So based on that we moved forward with scheduling medical and interview. Fiance went for interview on july 16, 2018. Went up to the window where they collect documents. He was told since they dont have his hardcopy they can't interview him and will have to reschedule. 

So we emailed both london and islamabad ro find out where pur hardcopy is. 

Got a response that it was transferred on june 19, 2018. Even NVC says our files are in Islamabad. 

Funny thing happened 

We have two status 

First one last updated july 16, 2018 stating LND2018***** 01 ISL Ready

The second one last updated July 18, 2018 stating 

LND2018***** 01LND Transfer in Progress 

What is going on??? 

Because both embassies have confirmed that electronic file is in islamabad and the hard copy is on its way... 

Anyone can help me figure this one out 

Cannot answer your transfer question but it sounds like you had to wait for P4 before you scheduled the medical and the interview? And it sounds like you will still have to wait until they send it before you move forward. 

Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Cannot answer your transfer question but it sounds like you had to wait for P4 before you scheduled the medical and the interview? And it sounds like you will still have to wait until they send it before you move forward. 

That's the thing for Islamabad there is no packet...they send an email which tells you to follow intsruction on the ustravel website to schedule an interview. 

I checked with recent many applicants who successfully passed every stage. Followed instructions ... 

Our mistake we shouldve made sure with the embassy and their requirements but i even checked with people who were in similar dilemma ..the ceac status does not change to ready until even the hardcopy reaches. But ours did. And ever since i brought it to their attention is now there are two statuses like i said in my above statement. 

This is very frustrating because we just want to know where the **** are our documents at the moment..

1 minute ago, Sarac9 said:

That's the thing for Islamabad there is no packet...they send an email which tells you to follow intsruction on the ustravel website to schedule an interview. 

I checked with recent many applicants who successfully passed every stage. Followed instructions ... 

Our mistake we shouldve made sure with the embassy and their requirements but i even checked with people who were in similar dilemma ..the ceac status does not change to ready until even the hardcopy reaches. But ours did. And ever since i brought it to their attention is now there are two statuses like i said in my above statement. 

This is very frustrating because we just want to know where the **** are our documents at the moment..

"Packet" does not actually mean package or anything like that.

P4 is an email inviting you to make an appointment for the interview. So yes, the email you receive that tells you to go to the "ustravel" website to schedule an interview is actually Islamabad's P4. 

I'm not too sure what "hardcopy" you are referring to but if you could possibly elaborate what it is, maybe we can help.

6 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

"Packet" does not actually mean package or anything like that.

P4 is an email inviting you to make an appointment for the interview. So yes, the email you receive that tells you to go to the "ustravel" website to schedule an interview is actually Islamabad's P4. 

I'm not too sure what "hardcopy" you are referring to but if you could possibly elaborate what it is, maybe we can help.

Wait I get it. Your embassy in Islamabad (on CEAC) says your petition is there but its actually not because they haven't completed the transfer. Seems like the CEAC is reporting on your petition's status when it arrived in LDN.

It looks like you've done everything by reaching out to both embassies and NVC except actually waiting for it to get there. You are lucky that you can forcefully schedule the interview when CEAC states ready. A lot of embassies make you wait months for an interview. Good luck with them resolving this for you in a timely manner.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

10 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

Hi, I won’t say our case is similar but my suggestion is that you have to follow up your hardcopy with the Islamabad embassy. Ask every 5 days or so if you haven’t receive feedback yet.

Idk why is it necessary to provide the hardcopy if they already transferred the scanned copy BETWEEN embassy. It might be some disrepancies among them.

It’s waiting game again but it’s getting closer.

Good luck!

2017.11.16  I-129F submitted

2017.11.20  NoA1 via USCIS website

2017.12.01  I-797C received

2018.05.04 NoA2 via USCIS website

2018.05.08 I-797 received

2018.05.30  e-mail from NVC (case number 'in transit')

14 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Wait I get it. Your embassy in Islamabad (on CEAC) says your petition is there but its actually not because they haven't completed the transfer. Seems like the CEAC is reporting on your petition's status when it arrived in LDN.

It looks like you've done everything by reaching out to both embassies and NVC except actually waiting for it to get there. You are lucky that you can forcefully schedule the interview when CEAC states ready. A lot of embassies make you wait months for an interview. Good luck with them resolving this for you in a timely manner.

No it's reporting on when it arrived in islamabad

Because when it reached london it said ready 

Then it changed to transfer in progress and then london electronically transferred it in a day when it reached islamabad the status changed to ready again...and it's been ready as of last update july 16th and now i check today

I havr two statuses 

One that says ready as of july 16

One that says transfer in progress as of july 18..most recent. 

2 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

No it's reporting on when it arrived in islamabad

Because when it reached london it said ready 

Then it changed to transfer in progress and then london electronically transferred it in a day when it reached islamabad the status changed to ready again...and it's been ready as of last update july 16th and now i check today

I havr two statuses 

One that says ready as of july 16

One that says transfer in progress as of july 18..most recent. 

I can see that. But the fact remains is that the statuses are incorrect if Islamabad embassy says they do not have your petition and you cant schedule your interview until they have it,  right? Do you call the embassy daily to find out if it has arrived yet? Seems that's all you can do....

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I can see that. But the fact remains is that the statuses are incorrect if Islamabad embassy says they do not have your petition and you cant schedule your interview until they have it,  right? Do you call the embassy daily to find out if it has arrived yet? Seems that's all you can do....

They have a scanned electronic copy..but they require a hardcopy. So yes, they dont fully have our documents.

London confirmed they transferred it on june 19th. I am confused about the status.... 

It says LND2018**** 01 LND transfer in progress...the most recent one 

London embassy also confirmed the case id will remain the same.. 

9 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

They have a scanned electronic copy..but they require a hardcopy. So yes, they dont fully have our documents.

London confirmed they transferred it on june 19th. I am confused about the status.... 

It says LND2018**** 01 LND transfer in progress...the most recent one 

London embassy also confirmed the case id will remain the same.. 

Like I said earlier, i cannot respond to the CEAC statuses as I dont know the answer. Maybe try searching in the search field up above for cases transferred between embassies? And the way it sounds, the CEAC statuses seem irrelevant until Islamabad has that hard copy. Wouldn't be surprised if CEAC does not even produce an update when that happens as it already says it has arrived.

And did you receive the email from Islamabad stating you can schedule the interview? That's not clear.....

Edited by K1visaHopeful

8 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Like I said earlier, i cannot respond to the CEAC statuses as I dont know the answer. Maybe try searching in the search field up above for cases transferred between embassies? And the way it sounds, the CEAC statuses seem irrelevant until Islamabad has that hard copy. Wouldn't be surprised if CEAC does not even produce an update when that happens as it already says it has arrived.

And did you receive the email from Islamabad stating you can schedule the interview? That's not clear.....

They sent us an email that they have successfully recieved our electronic documents. 

Our mistake, we should've made sure...

4 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

They sent us an email that they have successfully recieved our electronic documents. 

Our mistake, we should've made sure...

Ahhhhhh I see. I'm guessing they send you another email stating that you are eligible to schedule the interview then like you stated above many posts ago???? 

And they have not sent that to you yet???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.