2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

does anyone know how we can request the no1 and no2 documents? i lost my portfolio on my way from work and they were in there. 

@DPP123 Hey there. So we are waiting for packet 3 from Madrid. We have been waiting for 7 days. :( I hope they email us soon!!! We have everything ready to email. Quick question though, when can we make the appointment? Did Madrid send you an appointment  in packet 4 or did you make it online? Or what is in packet 4 exactly? Thank you!!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
19 minutes ago, sarahsad said:

@DPP123 Hey there. So we are waiting for packet 3 from Madrid. We have been waiting for 7 days. :( I hope they email us soon!!! We have everything ready to email. Quick question though, when can we make the appointment? Did Madrid send you an appointment  in packet 4 or did you make it online? Or what is in packet 4 exactly? Thank you!!! 

Hi... so it took almost three weeks for packet 3 until i was losing it and had my fiance email them to ask when he should expect packet 3.  They emailed him back a day later and said he could send it.  After we sent packet three, we waited about a week (check my timeline) and then they send you an email (packet 4) the link where you pay for visa and make an appt.  Once you have the letter confirming your appt at embassy can you make an appt at the medical facility.  The facility asks to see that letter.  So to answer you question... packet 4 is just an email with a link.  I hope that helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions.  I like to help as many people as possible because of how confusing and frustrating this process is.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, EllyNelly said:

does anyone know how we can request the no1 and no2 documents? i lost my portfolio on my way from work and they were in there. 

You have to call USCIS since they issued those and see if they will re-issue/mail it again.
You probably need to know what that original WAC # was to ask about it.

Am not sure if they will still keep track of it since that was such a long time ago but they are the only ones you can get it from.
Good luck girl!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
39 minutes ago, sarahsad said:

Hola! I am in the SAME position as you but more than 7 days. Madrid Embassy has received our application 7/6 so we currently are on day 12 with still no packet 3. My fiance has now emailed them twice. First time he stated that he saw that our application has arrived at the embassy and asked if packet 3 will be mailed or emailed. They responded within 2 days stating that it will be emailed, that was after a week. Then, yesterday on day 11 he emailed stating that he still hasn't received packet 3 and asked what the approximate time frame is to receive it. They responded very simply just stating you will receive it when we review your case.

Looks like there is quite a backlog for the embassy to send the documents. I have seen a wide range of 4 days to receive packet 3 to 3 weeks to receive packet 3 so unfortunately I think the only thing we can do is wait. I will probably email them as the petitioner when we reach the 2.5/3 week mark ((((hopefully that isn't the case)))))

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

@DPP123 You rock!! Thank you so much for the quick response. We are suffering here, this process is really frustrating!! It just doesn't make much sense. Some cases it only took 2-3 days to receive packet 3 and others 2-3 weeks. And really? Packet 4 only has the link to make the appointment? Thats good news. I wonder if we could just make our appointment once we have packet 3 since we already have the link - it is our the embassy website. The appointments were like 2 weeks out for you more or less right? Thank you again. I really appreciate it! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, sarahsad said:

@DPP123 You rock!! Thank you so much for the quick response. We are suffering here, this process is really frustrating!! It just doesn't make much sense. Some cases it only took 2-3 days to receive packet 3 and others 2-3 weeks. And really? Packet 4 only has the link to make the appointment? Thats good news. I wonder if we could just make our appointment once we have packet 3 since we already have the link - it is our the embassy website. The appointments were like 2 weeks out for you more or less right? Thank you again. I really appreciate it! 

As well, I have been in contact with another VJ member here that recently scheduled her interview and when she scheduled that 2 weeks ago, dates in September were available. After a week of checking, she was able to reschedule for an earlier date mid August. I believe it's a completely random availability within 3-6 weeks when trying to schedule. I feel the same where I wish I could just book it ahead of time but at the same time, I don't want to go against their process in case that could hinder anything further in their system.. patience is for sure running thin but all we can do is wait, our moment is coming slowly but surely 

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

@JMCKNG I know!!!!!!!!! Some cases it only took 2-3 days to receive packet 3 and others 2-3 weeks. So that kind of shows that they COULD send it after just a couple of days. So you are right, they have backlog or have some people out of the office for summer break? I am worried about August since everyone in Spain takes vacation :( DPP123 said that Packet 4 only has the link to make the appointment. I think we could just make our appointment once we have packet 3 since we already have the link - it is on the embassy's website. If not, I bet we wait another 2-3 weeks just to receive packet 4......

Timeline
2 minutes ago, sarahsad said:

@JMCKNG I know!!!!!!!!! Some cases it only took 2-3 days to receive packet 3 and others 2-3 weeks. So that kind of shows that they COULD send it after just a couple of days. So you are right, they have backlog or have some people out of the office for summer break? I am worried about August since everyone in Spain takes vacation :( DPP123 said that Packet 4 only has the link to make the appointment. I think we could just make our appointment once we have packet 3 since we already have the link - it is on the embassy's website. If not, I bet we wait another 2-3 weeks just to receive packet 4......

The positive thing is I have seen that packet 4 has always been sent within a week of sending packet 3, so I personally think I will wait for packet 4 in order to follow the process. God forbid something else gets delayed I will lose my minddddddd!! Just think, a week from sending packet 3 you will be able to schedule your interview and that helps put it into perspective a bit and makes it a little easier to comprehend.. I just traveled to Spain this weekend because we needed to just bite the bullet and see each other!!! SO TIRED of waiting to be together :( :( :( :( :( :(

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
17 minutes ago, sarahsad said:

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-es/iv

this is where they will send you to register, make payment, and make the appt.  If I remember correctly, there is a number that you enter when you register that is provided by the embassy.  Without that number, you would be unable to register.  We lucked out with our appointment.  We looked in late May and they only had July 25 available.  i started crying and he was trying to calm me down which led the page to time out.  When he got back in, BOOM June 21 was available :)  You can always go back in to the above link and change it if something else comes up.  Give it 2-3 weeks.  I know its frustrating.  Good luck :)  

Edited by DPP123

@JMCKNG I know, its true. They are the ones who grant the visa at the end of the day so it is best to follow what they say. Some people have sent the papers to the embassy without even receiving packet 3. It is ballsy but I feel like doing the same thing!!! haha But we are definitely going to wait. That is good news that people received packet 4 after just one week of sending packet 3!! That makes me feel a bit calmer. I am glad you finally came to Spain because it looks like we have a bit more time to wait. I am lucky that I live in Spain currently. However, my fiance and I have a 4 months old baby and my family hasn't met him yet so I am really wanting to arrive to the states but I don't want to go with out him. I guess I just need to return to feeling grateful. Some people fall in love and don't even have the resources or money to even do this process. I am sending lots of good energy that we will both receive packet 3 soon!!!!!!!! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sarahsad said:

@JMCKNG I know, its true. They are the ones who grant the visa at the end of the day so it is best to follow what they say. Some people have sent the papers to the embassy without even receiving packet 3. It is ballsy but I feel like doing the same thing!!! haha But we are definitely going to wait. That is good news that people received packet 4 after just one week of sending packet 3!! That makes me feel a bit calmer. I am glad you finally came to Spain because it looks like we have a bit more time to wait. I am lucky that I live in Spain currently. However, my fiance and I have a 4 months old baby and my family hasn't met him yet so I am really wanting to arrive to the states but I don't want to go with out him. I guess I just need to return to feeling grateful. Some people fall in love and don't even have the resources or money to even do this process. I am sending lots of good energy that we will both receive packet 3 soon!!!!!!!! 

Ahh I'm so jealous!! I would love to be with my fiance during this time period, I feel like that would make the waiting ((although so so difficult)) so much easier to have your partner by your side. Having your partner on the other side of the world and making visits every few months gets so disheartening at times, you just want to be reunited. I'm happy you can be with him during this time. That I'm sure helps you rest at ease. I'm just waiting for the day I can see him again! How long have you been in Spain??

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Laura93 said:

Howd she get on?? Everyone I seen there got approved or approved pending police certificate with middle name, bar one lad who didnt have some of the stuff he needed 

Approved pending the gardi certificate with middle name. :)

She said she thought she talked to you, she was there with our daughter. You recommended going directly to the supervisor she said. Lol.

hope they'll Sign the certificate right away!

@JMCKNG I know, you are so right!!! We think about all the couples apart right now and we give thanks every morning we are together. What part of Spain is your fiancé from? I have been in Spain for 3 years. I met my fiancé 2 years ago and then we applied for "pareja de hecho" and a residency card. It took about 10 months to receive it. I just now got my residency card so I am allowed to travel outside of Spain. It is like when our finances apply for the green card, they cannot leave the country until they have the green card in hand. MAN the world sure makes it complicated to love someone from another country eh? If you don't mind, could you please keep us updated about when you receive packet 3? That way we will know more or less what to expect. :) Thank you!!!! and mucho animo! Vais a estar juntos pronto!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, legatoblue18 said:

Approved pending the gardi certificate with middle name. :)

She said she thought she talked to you, she was there with our daughter. You recommended going directly to the supervisor she said. Lol.

hope they'll Sign the certificate right away!

Omg thats mad yeah that was me! in the red top haha yeah same happened to me so I rang the office that issued it and explained the situation and they have a new certificate waiting for me to pick up at 5pm today so tell her to definitely ring the number on the certificate she has already, your fiancee is lovely I never got her name tho:( and your daughters so cute! calmed my nerves down talking to her anyway the time went by quicker :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.