2,323 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 7/10/2018 at 10:00 AM, K1visaHopeful said:

He should get them done AT the medical in his home country BEFORE the interview. If he opts to getting them done in the US later that is a HUGE expense. My gf paid $800.

Click no and explain he will get any remaining required ones at the medical.

Can you get all the vaccinations required at the medical interview or should the beneficiary have their primary doctor give them the vaccinations prior to the medical interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rackle10187 said:

Can you get all the vaccinations required at the medical interview or should the beneficiary have their primary doctor give them the vaccinations prior to the medical interview?

This really depends on the medical examiner specifically. To give you an example, in the Toronto area of Canada, the doctors want you to get any needed vaccinations BEFORE you go to your medical and they will not give them there. But in Montreal, Canada, they will give you any needed vaccinations at the medical itself. It's best to check in your country forums to find out the specifics for your exam.

Hello guys, thanks for all your help. I just came from the embassy and got an approval :)

You are all awesome :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, sheenaph said:

Hello guys, thanks for all your help. I just came from the embassy and got an approval :)

You are all awesome :)

Congratulations 😊😊

Funny story...

Today was my medical.

My panel physician was a world record time holder for careless ticking. I know it isn't legible. All I could think of was my $340 catching on fire. He was more interested in my ability to recite the eye chart in French (which came out by accident (nerves)). Surely I'm getting an RFE at the interview. 

The lab technician at the lab was a newbie and had no clue what she was doing. (I was hunched over the counter helping her input my information into their system because she was clueless.) Did I say I'm getting an RFE?

When it came time for the urine test I had been holding it for about three hours so I totally went crazy and missed the cup and THEN dropped it in the toilet trying to rescue the rest. I didnt have "enough" according to the tech so I had to sit there on the toilet for at least 30 minutes like a tap that needs a new washer. (I barely made the "fill up to here" line, she said it was okay....but she's new so....) 

Ya, I'm for sure getting an RFE.

Home now after a day of travel to get there. Blisters on my feet. Hole in my arm. And of course, I have to pee.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Funny story...

Today was my medical.

My panel physician was a world record time holder for careless ticking. I know it isn't legible. All I could think of was my $340 catching on fire. He was more interested in my ability to recite the eye chart in French (which came out by accident (nerves)). Surely I'm getting an RFE at the interview. 

The lab technician at the lab was a newbie and had no clue what she was doing. (I was hunched over the counter helping her input my information into their system because she was clueless.) Did I say I'm getting an RFE?

When it came time for the urine test I had been holding it for about three hours so I totally went crazy and missed the cup and THEN dropped it in the toilet trying to rescue the rest. I didnt have "enough" according to the tech so I had to sit there on the toilet for at least 30 minutes like a tap that needs a new washer. (I barely made the "fill up to here" line, she said it was okay....but she's new so....) 

Ya, I'm for sure getting an RFE.

Home now after a day of travel to get there. Blisters on my feet. Hole in my arm. And of course, I have to pee.

Relax, it must be just fine. You are K1 visa hopeful, so be hopeful! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Fiance had his interview in London today and he was approved! So now we just have to wait for his visa to arrive in the mail right? does anyone know how long is that taking at the moment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Ahh I wish our embassy process was similar to most applicants on here, we have to wait for Packet 3 to be mailed/emailed before we can schedule anything (medical/interview)..our READY status was 7/6. Fiance emailed the embassy who stated he will receive the packet when they review the case, the waiting game continues :(

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
On 7/16/2018 at 2:44 AM, Bsanchis said:

Hi Everybody 

just have a question to ask : what is the next step after my case is ready at the US Embassy in Paris,?  did I have to wait the mail from the US Embassy or take myself a step toward the US Embassy.? 

I read that I had to wait their mail for the next episode but as you can see my case last updated as ready on the 3rd of July and didn’t have any news from the Embassy until now. 

Case Created: 20-Jun-2018
Case Last Updated: 03-Jul-2018

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview 
For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Visa Status Check

Welcome! On this website, you can check your U.S. visa application status.

Visa Application Type 
 IMMIGRANT VISA (IV) NONIMMIGRANT VISA (NIV) 
Please enter your Case Number.
(e.g., MTL1999626025)

Enter the code as shown   
CAPTCHA
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code

submit 

We are the same, needing to wait for Packet 3 in order to send in the documentation and schedule the interview.. Waiting game continues

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 hours ago, Olumide & Funlola said:

Hello Sis,

Do you know if the US Consulate keep the financial documents (tax transcripts, pay stubs, employer letter, etc), or are they given back after the interview? Thanks! 

Yeah I just had my interview today....it was awesome 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

We are the same, needing to wait for Packet 3 in order to send in the documentation and schedule the interview.. Waiting game continues

Play dumb and have  your beneficiary email them from Spain.  That's what I did.  I had my fiance email them in spanish asking the m when he should expect packet 3.  They emailed him back the next day and said he could send it immediately.  i knew another ocuple who didn't even wait for packet 3 email.  They just sent paperwork and there was no problem.  

Timeline
Just now, DPP123 said:

Play dumb and have  your beneficiary email them from Spain.  That's what I did.  I had my fiance email them in spanish asking the m when he should expect packet 3.  They emailed him back the next day and said he could send it immediately.  i knew another ocuple who didn't even wait for packet 3 email.  They just sent paperwork and there was no problem.  

I remember you saying that as well.. which makes me think if I should just do that? My beneficiary actually was the one who emailed him in Spanish first playing dumb asking if it will be emailed or mailed, their response was that it will be emailed. Then 4 days after, emailed asking them the time frame of how long it takes, their response is once we review your case you will receive it. So, now I really don't know what to do because don't you need the last page of packet 3 that is signed to be mailed in with the documents?

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
Just now, JMCKNG said:

I remember you saying that as well.. which makes me think if I should just do that? My beneficiary actually was the one who emailed him in Spanish first playing dumb asking if it will be emailed or mailed, their response was that it will be emailed. Then 4 days after, emailed asking them the time frame of how long it takes, their response is once we review your case you will receive it. So, now I really don't know what to do because don't you need the last page of packet 3 that is signed to be mailed in with the documents?

Bummer!  I can email you packet 3 if you would like.  So you can have the forms.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well interview today was so interesting, and here is how it goes.

I arrived at the embassy (nigeria) today by 5:30am...we were separated as immigrants and non immigrants, after that security check.

So long story short I think the embassy had more than 500 non immigrants today, immigrants are just like 50.

Now it's my turn, and I was called.

The Korean CO interviewed me.

CO : how are you

Me: am fine and you.

CO: raises his and up and asked me to swear, after that he asked.

CO: who is filling for you.

Me: name of my fiance.

CO:how did you meet.

Me: answer

CO: what kind of car is she driving.

Me: ( I never expected that question though) but I answered.

CO: which model.

Me: I don't know the model but I know it's 2017 Nissan.

CO: her best friends are...

CO: did she live in a house or apartment

CO: how many people live with her.

CO: why did she move from Seattle to Alaska.

Me: just to change environment.

Then he said you vusa will be ready and give me three form.

CO: OK thank you bye.

If you know your fiancee very well the questions are nothing but simple.

The question entails what you fill in some 160  and part of her life that is not documented like the kind of apartments, car, her friends etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/13/2018 at 3:08 PM, legatoblue18 said:

Yeah it’s at the same time so you’ll probably see her there! Lol small world. 

Howd she get on?? Everyone I seen there got approved or approved pending police certificate with middle name, bar one lad who didnt have some of the stuff he needed 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.