2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ChuAni said:

Administrative Processing (Non-Immigrant Visa) is our Magic Word for Nigeria. It means they have sent the file (case) to the Visa Issurance Unit of the Embassy (Nigeria) and the next day comes with Issued. DHL picks it up next. I tried to run a search on Picked Visas for Nig. and I came to deduct that DHL makes a 3 day per week visit to the Embassy (Mon, Wed, Friday). 

Is Administrative Processing (Non-Immigrant Visa) right?

Yep its a Non-Immigrant Visa. This is good news we were thinking it would take much longer, I will update you all tomorrow :D. So excited! It was only two of them that day for the K1 interview maybe thats why its happening fast. 

I will write about his experience at the interview soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Novah said:

Yep its a Non-Immigrant Visa. This is good news we were thinking it would take much longer, I will update you all tomorrow :D. So excited! It was only two of them that day for the K1 interview maybe thats why its happening fast. 

I will write about his experience at the interview soon.

Oh wow! That's absolutely the reason. Congrats, Dear. We await the update.💃🏻😘

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
3 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

When do the packets arrive? And do they go to both me the petitioner and the my fiance the beneficiary? He is coming from the U.K.   Our case arrived at london Embassy last friday.

I believe it depends on the Embassy, I know for the Madrid embassy it takes around a week and it will get emailed. Then, following that a hard copy does get mailed as well. Mine as well arrived last Friday to the Embassy. 

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Just now, jean baptiste said:

keep an eyes is right

an update for all of us  just after arriving here i went in request the social security number on july 3rd and i actually travel a bit a day after i request the SSN  today i come back and it was already in the mail. so it was ready in 5 open business day.

3 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

Also should I be waiting to schedule interview after medical or book it now?

Book your interview and then schedule your medical. I looked at schedules for both interview and medical to decide. It depends on availability and how busy they are. And it varies embassy to embassy 

Make sure to keep a 3 weeks gap between medical and interview so you have enough time to get your medical results before interview etc 

Edited by Sarac9

1 hour ago, UKUSABoston said:

Also should I be waiting to schedule interview after medical or book it now?

That depends entirely on your embassy's procedure. Every embassy is different. I suggest you go to your country's subforum and search for related posts or post your question there.

Help! Ds160 question! On the question that asks, do you have a record of vaccinations in accordance to U.S law. I know he is probably missing a tetanus shot but he doesnt know what else. He wants to wait till after medical. Should he click no on that question of the DS 160 and explain that he will get them before we change his immigration status(apply for green card).

5 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

Help! Ds160 question! On the question that asks, do you have a record of vaccinations in accordance to U.S law. I know he is probably missing a tetanus shot but he doesnt know what else. He wants to wait till after medical. Should he click no on that question of the DS 160 and explain that he will get them before we change his immigration status(apply for green card).

He should get them done AT the medical in his home country BEFORE the interview. If he opts to getting them done in the US later that is a HUGE expense. My gf paid $800.

Click no and explain he will get any remaining required ones at the medical.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.