2,323 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hemzi said:

Very very easy to schedule, you schedule it online? 

Have you submitted your DS-160 now?

If so, then just pay for and schedule the Interview here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv 

You click on register and then select 'I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment', and continue on from there!

Does the letter come in the mail to schedule the interview? We haven't finished the DS160 bc we had a question about the shot records if he should check yes or no on the, do you have all required shots that are needed by the U.S regulations. I think he only needs a tetanus but he wants to make sure that's all he needs when he goes to the medical, he said he will then get them afterwards since for a k1 visa you dont need them till just before applying for a green card. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

Does the letter come in the mail to schedule the interview? We haven't finished the DS160 bc we had a question about the shot records if he should check yes or no on the, do you have all required shots that are needed by the U.S regulations. I think he only needs a tetanus but he wants to make sure that's all he needs when he goes to the medical, he said he will then get them afterwards since for a k1 visa you dont need them till just before applying for a green card. 

Well does he have all his immunization records? I would personally get them before the medical so they can sign you off on the day of the medical. Because they give you a sheet to say that you have all the required vaccinations on that day, which you use for your AOS. Because, he should be able to get it free on the NHS instead of actually paying for it at Knightsbridge? If he doesn't complete it on the day of the medical, lots of people have said previously on the forums that you then have to go to a state side doctor to get a check that you have all the shots and then have to pay for that and letter stating he has everything. 

I personally put yes, because I knew I was pretty much up to date with all the shots, but it's up to you?

You do get a letter in the mail, but you should have received an email with the same letter?

Edited by Hemzi

10 minutes ago, Hemzi said:

Well does he have all his immunization records? I would personally get them before the medical so they can sign you off on the day of the medical. Because they give you a sheet to say that you have all the required vaccinations on that day, which you use for your AOS. Because, he should be able to get it free on the NHS instead of actually paying for it at Knightsbridge? If he doesn't complete it on the day of the medical, lots of people have said previously on the forums that you then have to go to a state side doctor to get a check that you have all the shots and then have to pay for that and letter stating he has everything. 

I personally put yes, because I knew I was pretty much up to date with all the shots, but it's up to you?

You do get a letter in the mail, but you should have received an email with the same letter?

Thank you! I'll let him know! I haven't received an email yet except for when they sent the visa to England and sent me an attachment saying that. I'll call and ask for the email version! Quick question what is MRV fee and is that the interview fee or do you just pay that 265 when you do the DS160

Timeline
6 minutes ago, UKUSABoston said:

Thank you! I'll let him know! I haven't received an email yet except for when they sent the visa to England and sent me an attachment saying that. I'll call and ask for the email version! Quick question what is MRV fee and is that the interview fee or do you just pay that 265 when you do the DS160

That exact email is the same letter I got through the post, so I actually have two copies of the same letter! 

I'll be honest, I wasn't too sure what MRV fee was so I just looked it up :) but our MRV fee for K Visas is just the $265 when you arrange the interview. 

1 hour ago, JMCKNG said:

Literally I should complain more because COINCIDENTALLY every time I have been worried and called something happens.. WE ARE IN READY STATUS!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I didn't talk to a Supervisor but the Representative stated they would touch base with them due to the time frame being a bit long 

Congrats!!!

I am not sure how long am I going to wait... I feel representatives won't help me to contact...

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
23 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Congrats!!!

I am not sure how long am I going to wait... I feel representatives won't help me to contact...

At least with you knowing that the hard copy is being mailed you can expect a longer time frame. Were you able to go to the Consulate Forum Review on VJ in order to look at other VJ members and their timeframes of NVC left and NVC received for comparison?

K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

1 minute ago, JMCKNG said:

At least with you knowing that the hard copy is being mailed you can expect a longer time frame. Were you able to go to the Consulate Forum Review on VJ in order to look at other VJ members and their timeframes of NVC left and NVC received for comparison?

The longest timeframe is 10 days. I am about to break the record. Lol

I751:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

The longest timeframe is 10 days. I am about to break the record. Lol

Yes I was the longest for mine as well and mine was electronic!! Haha, but the other longer one was the same time frame as mine so at least we were around the range.. I would say try them again Tuesday!

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

3 hours ago, A_R said:

@Naes  So I wrote " I intend " in Part 3 question 38 and in additional info I wrote - "N/A (FILED I-129F FOR MY FIANCEE TO BEGIN K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE)"  Yes

Also, does my Fiance need to fill up Part 3 questions 26 to 29? "Fiance" is a vague word in this process. The BENEFICIARY's information goes in Part 3 Q 26-28 If yes, the date of filing(Q.29) will be the received date on I-797 (NOA1)  ? Yes

2 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Yes I was the longest for mine as well and mine was electronic!! Haha, but the other longer one was the same time frame as mine so at least we were around the range.. I would say try them again Tuesday!

Haha, happy for you. One step closer!

I751:

Timeline
Just now, CCCCCF said:

Haha, happy for you. One step closer!

Thank you!! Yours will be here next week if not today yet!! 

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

3 hours ago, Hemzi said:

Very very easy to schedule, you schedule it online? 

Have you submitted your DS-160 now?

If so, then just pay for and schedule the Interview here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv 

You click on register and then select 'I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment', and continue on from there!

But have you "received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K Visa appointment"?

It's been a long time coming, but I am so happy to say that I am leaving to visit my fiancé tomorrow. We will attend the interview Monday morning. God willing, we will be returning to the states TOGETHER next weekend!

Thanking Him in advance.

May 22 2017 - Met in person 

• Nov 01 2017  -  Mailed I-129F
  • Nov 02 2017  -  Case received
  • Nov 06 2017  -  NOA1 (Case submitted)
  • May 17 2018  -  NOA2 (192 days from NOA1) - no RFE
  • June 7 2018  -  NVC Received 
  • June 8 2018  -  NVC Case Number Received
  • June 12 2018 - Case sent to Embassy
  • June 13 2018  -  Consulate Received (In "Ready" Status)
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • N/A 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • June 14 2018  -  Packet 4 Received (email)
  • June 18 2018  -  Medical
  • July 9 2018  -  Interview: Eventually APPROVED (August 14, 2018)
  • August 22 2018  -  Visa In Hand
  • August 25 2018  -  POE ( days)
  •  2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • Sept 14 2018 - Wedding

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

But have you "received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K Visa appointment"?

She stated that she had the letter that the NVC sent once their packet had been sent to the Embassy and that is the exact same letter that comes through the post. 

It's the usual way for the London Embassy as far as I can see.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I apologize if this has been answered recently, but where am I meant to submit the I-134? The website says to look at the instructions and the instructions say to look at the website. :huh:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.