2,323 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
7 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Same here. I have seen ppl ready within 2 days. Really have no idea why it is taking so long. I also wrote to embassy to ask if they have received my case but they said the policy don’t allow them to acknowledge whether they have received.

I have to wait.

That's a good idea, I feel like if there are a handful of us that are in the same position that is must be something with NVC..hopefully it isn't a glitch in electronic transfers..?

Edited by JMCKNG
K1 Journey from Spain to USA :wub:
10-25-2017 I-129F Sent to Lewisville
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NOA2 :jest:
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Interview Scheduled
XX-XX-XXXX POE :whistle:
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

That's a good idea, I feel like if there are a handful of us that are in the same position that is must be something with NVC..hopefully it isn't a glitch in electronic transfers..?

Do you think it's worth contacting NVC or do you think it's completely out of their hands?

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

2 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

Do you think it's worth contacting NVC or do you think it's completely out of their hands?

I am not sure what to ask if we are going to call NVC. Just ask what is the status?

I751:

Mailed: 3th May 2021

Delivered: 5th May 2021

Rejected due to missing signature: 26th May 2021

Resend: 26th May 2021

Delivered: 28th May 2021

Timeline
5 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

I am not sure what to ask if we are going to call NVC. Just ask what is the status?

Yes or mention that it is taking longer than expected and if these are electronically and hard copy sent? Just an idea of course 

Edited by JMCKNG
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

1 minute ago, JMCKNG said:

Yes or mention that it is taking longer than expected and if these are electronically and hard copy sent? Just an idea of course 

I feel we need some luck to talk to a nice representative.. some of them are really nice while some are just... you know.

I751:

Timeline
34 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

I feel we need some luck to talk to a nice representative.. some of them are really nice while some are just... you know.

Oh yes, I think 2/3 times there I have gotten a nice helpful person, so usually they are but some you get the "typical script" I literally called the day that my application was changed to In Transit, and asked what the status was and they said they don't know and can't tell me any approximate timeframe.. then boom.. changed hahaha I don't even know how to pin point it 

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One more checkbox ticked... My fiance had his medical today in Toronto! Can't believe how fast it's going over here <3 Almost there!

12 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

Oh yes, I think 2/3 times there I have gotten a nice helpful person, so usually they are but some you get the "typical script" I literally called the day that my application was changed to In Transit, and asked what the status was and they said they don't know and can't tell me any approximate timeframe.. then boom.. changed hahaha I don't even know how to pin point it 

Still 'In transit'... I really wonder did they really send out our files?? 

I751:

12 hours ago, JMCKNG said:

Or if they send it out. How can they check whether the embassy has arrived. What if the files are lost in the mid of transit.....

I am getting worried now.

I don't know what may be the max of waiting for the file to get ready in embassy....

I751:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

Or if they send it out. How can they check whether the embassy has arrived. What if the files are lost in the mid of transit.....

I am getting worried now.

I don't know what may be the max of waiting for the file to get ready in embassy....

I believe there was a member in this forum that stated it did take 16 days for her case to change into the ready status.. but my fiancé emailed our consulate with our case number to ask if they have received it stating that the status was changed 8 days ago. We will see what they say!

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

1 minute ago, JMCKNG said:

I believe there was a member in this forum that stated it did take 16 days for her case to change into the ready status.. but my fiancé emailed our consulate with our case number to ask if they have received it stating that the status was changed 8 days ago. We will see what they say!

I also wrote to embassy and ask... They refuse to tell me... Maybe I should call nvc and ask again?

I751:

Timeline
6 minutes ago, CCCCCF said:

I also wrote to embassy and ask... They refuse to tell me... Maybe I should call nvc and ask again?

I just called NVC, talked to a super nice guy, he stated that in the system it shows it was electronically sent 6/26 and after it is sent it is up to the embassy. He also mentioned it's up to the embassy to determine if they send anything via hard copy or electronically, and for my consulate (Madrid) they do everything electronically so my fiancé will wait now to see what the embassy says. Hopefully it isn't an issue with the electronic filing system..

Edited by JMCKNG
10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

3 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

I just called NVC, talked to a super nice guy, he stated that in the system it shows it was electronically sent 6/26 and after it is sent it is up to the embassy. He also mentioned it's up to the embassy to determine if they send anything via hard copy or electronically, and for my consulate (Madrid) they do everything electronically so my fiancé will wait now to see what the embassy says. Hopefully it isn't an issue with the electronic filing system..

Oh! Cool! 

What did you ask? Like, what is our status? Or did you just ask have they sent out the case electronically?

I751:

Timeline
1 minute ago, CCCCCF said:

Oh! Cool! 

What did you ask? Like, what is our status? Or did you just ask have they sent out the case electronically?

I just said that my status has been in In Transit since 6/26 and if they were the people to talk to or the embassy and they mentioned it isn't in their hands anymore. That they sent it electronically then and it's now up to the embassy to process it.. it just is completely random though to have multiple people in here from multiple countries that haven't had their case changed..

10-27-2017 NOA1
XX-XX-XXXX NVC Received
XX-XX-XXXX Married 

18 minutes ago, JMCKNG said:

I just said that my status has been in In Transit since 6/26 and if they were the people to talk to or the embassy and they mentioned it isn't in their hands anymore. That they sent it electronically then and it's now up to the embassy to process it.. it just is completely random though to have multiple people in here from multiple countries that haven't had their case changed..

Thanks.

I just called them and they told me it is not sent electronically but physical file. No tracking number could be provided. And it take some time to reach embassy as it is cross border or something.... gosh...

I751:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.