1,901 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, jess3 said:

Thanks so much for all the info!! 

I do not have the visa anymore (cant find it) but have the documents that I filed it with and the appointment confirmation sheet for the interview. 

So if my documents are in German its alright and i dont need to translate? 

Cheers :)

Well, then collect all you have showing that you had J-1 status previously. Maybe include a note saying that you don't have the passport stamp anymore. I'm not sure if visa application docs will do you any good, though, quite honestly... Do you maybe have an email from your J-1 sponsor that confirms you got J-1? ETA: Maybe give the NVC a call, tell them you don't have the stamp anymore, and ask them what alternative docs they would accept.

Yes, the documentation on the travel.gov website is very clear that you only need to get documents translated that aren't in English or the language of the country you're gonna be interviewing in. (That's for Germany at least; don't quote me on this being the truth for other countries as well.)

Edited by heythereluna
Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Good News Guys....

Just Got an E-mail...Interview date July 17, 2018...9:40am....

Thanks God we are almost there...

Congratulations !! i wanna ask . waht time you waiting it to get case number ? and after you get case number and send all the documents what time to wait to get the date of the interview  

1 hour ago, heythereluna said:

1) In "Photographs," I uploaded a passport picture of myself.

2) See my posts here and here about this issue.

3) For the J-1 documentation, I uploaded a copy of the visa in my passport as well as all D-2019s I still had. (Visa stamp would be sufficient, I believe.)

4) You only need to get things translated that aren't either in English or German.

5) I uploaded extra evidence of our bona fide marriage (just a bunch of photos taken post-NOA1) in the optional section. I think it's mainly up to you here to decide what additional documents would support your case.

Good luck!

@jess3 Oh hang on! I just noticed that you think they want a Georgia (the US state) police certificate? That is very odd! They don't ever want to see US police certificates, as far as I know. Can you go back to your IV application and check that you didn't input Georgia as the country of residence? I think the form only prompts you for the Georgia pc if in your address history, you included a third country (not the US and not your home country).

Edited by heythereluna
Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

4 minutes ago, deema-alawwad said:

Congratulations !! i wanna ask . waht time you waiting it to get case number ? and after you get case number and send all the documents what time to wait to get the date of the interview  

Thanks.....

Well after your NOA2 approval and NVC received your application. Wait 8 more weeks for Case Number, then you can get the AOS and IV bills for payments, then wait for Case complete, then interview....

all in all after NOA2 approval until Interview date it took us 5 months.

Hope that answer your questions....Thanks

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ed and Lyn said:

Thanks.....

Well after your NOA2 approval and NVC received your application. Wait 8 more weeks for Case Number, then you can get the AOS and IV bills for payments, then wait for Case complete, then interview....

all in all after NOA2 approval until Interview date it took us 5 months.

Hope that answer your questions....Thanks

yes thank you 

6 hours ago, Kerkarbo said:

The same exact thing just happened to me! They said they were getting a supervisor involved....and it could take up to 6 weeks. NVC received my petition March 30th, 8 weeks later nothing, this Friday will be 9 weeks.... 

Let's wait and see!

8 hours ago, Kerkarbo said:

My I130 was approved March 13th. I received notice in mail that is was approved and being sent to NVC. I called NVC last week, and they said they received my petition on March 30th and that it could take up to 8 weeks to get in their system. This Friday will be 9 weeks.... I called today and was told that I am part of a new online processing group and that they received my petition yesterday May 29th and that it could take up to 8 weeks to get documents scanned and in the system.... I explained that they did not just receive my petition yesterday, that it's been almost 9 weeks. What happened was when my case was approved for online processing, it went to another department and they wrong date as received.... the woman I spoke with made a note and told me she was going to notify a supervisor and that she needs to tell me that it could take up to 6 weeks for Supervisor. I called back and spoke to someone else who said Supervisor will most likely contact the department that puts info in system and have them get my case into the system. Up until this point this whole process has run very smoothly for us... as smooth as could be expected....however it is taking a toll on my patience and sanity. So I am assuming a pivot case is one that is moved to online processing? Anyone know what I might expect from this supervisor? I have all my documents prepared and waiting....

I got a similar timeline and the same story also!

3 hours ago, Naat7 said:

Hi! Nvc asks me to upload thi copy of the police certificate which is not ready yet( takes a month in my country) do you know if I can just bring it to the interview ?

Hi! Are you interviewing in Moscow? Is it a pivot now? Today will be my 8th week and I haven´t received the case number yet :/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mv&Sh said:

BIG NEWS!!!

@kendraf @vistajones @hl and bl

Just got the interview date email!!! July 11th.

10th May NVC sign for the packet

18th May case change to ‘At NVC

25th May get the confirmation email of CC

31st May get the email of ID

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Amazing!!!! Congrats!!! I hope I hear today too.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mv&Sh said:

BIG NEWS!!!

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

Congratulations! I hope I get a fast CC and interview date like you. Lawyer sent packet to NVC last Friday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, wacoachrusso said:

So my case was sent to the DOS on May 16, and I called today and they said they received it on May22nd. So I never got an email, but she said to now allow up to 8 weeks for a case number. What is the average time people are waiting?  And once I get the case number, do thing go more quickly??? Just wondering if September is a realistic time frame where my wife will have her green card? Thanks!! Love this group

•  

Same here....my case was sent on May 18..NVC received it on May 29..was told to wait 8 weeks for a case number.. what I'm seeing from other people  timeline it's around 2 - 2 1/2 months however, while waiting i will be getting all my documents ready..I hope the wait time will be fast..

6 hours ago, Mv&Sh said:

BIG NEWS!!!

🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

yaaaaay congrats. Seems like nvc loves emailing you :D

10/27/2012 got married

2 dogs n 5 cats later....

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

------------------------a whoping 261 days later

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/02/2018 Case sent to NVC

==============================NVC======================================

➺ 01/23/18 Case number and IIN assigned! 

➺ 01/25/18 DS-261, choice of agent  filled 

➺ 01/26/18 AOS bill invoiced

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 02/01/18 IV bill invoiced and paid

➺ 02/07/18  DS-260 completed and submitted

➺ 05/11/18 AOS and IV packages sent (EMS from Indonesia)

➺ 05/16/18 IV and AOS package delivered to NVC

➺ 05/23/18 Got CC at NVC!  

=============================EMBASSY=====================================

➺ 05/31/18  Interview date assigned 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 07/31/18  interview!-- CEAC showed "Issued" a day later

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

➺ 12/16/18 Point of entry: Houston

Timeline

So my case was sent to the DOS on May 16, and I called today and they said they received it on May22nd. So I never got an email, but she said to now allow up to 8 weeks for a case number. What is the average time people are waiting?  And once I get the case number, do thing go more quickly??? Just wondering if September is a realistic time frame where my wife will have her green card? Thanks!! Love this group

•  

Same here....my case was sent on May 18..NVC received it on May 29..was told to wait 8 weeks for a case number.. what I'm seeing from other people  timeline it's around 2 - 2 1/2 months however, while waiting i will be getting all my documents ready..I hope the wait time will be fast..

Timeline

•  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.