1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update...

called NVC and she said for some reason when she pulls up the passport bio page it’s extremely large. However I have viewed it in several different programs and it’s not for me. I also submitted this the same way I did for all my other documents and they were accepted. Oh well. Here’s an updated timeline:

Case #: May 7th

Paid Fees: May 7th

Uploaded Documents: May 10th

Checklist: May 30th

Submitted requested documents: May 30th

Praying for a quick turnaround. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

OMG! So, I called the NVC, just now, to see if I have been given a case number. The first operator told me that my case was sent to CEAC (Pivot Case), and I needed to hang up and press option 5. Did that, and the operator told me that although I was approved April 19th, and the NVC received it on May 2nd, the approximate 8 week countdown starts when CEAC received my case, which was May 9th! She said it was how long it would take to do some data entry on a case...ummm.....what?! The heck you got to type that takes 8 weeks? It's electronic anyways, so let me type it, then, goodness! Just needed to vent, but I'm alright lol :) 

So my case was sent to the DOS on May 16, and I called today and they said they received it on May22nd. So I never got an email, but she said to now allow up to 8 weeks for a case number. What is the average time people are waiting?  And once I get the case number, do thing go more quickly??? Just wondering if September is a realistic time frame where my wife will have her green card? Thanks!! Love this group

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
50 minutes ago, heythereluna said:

It's actually really clear from all the documentation on the travel.gov website that for cases like ours, pcs from these third countries are not required, so I don't even know why CEAC prompted me to produce one in the first place.

One tip for when it's your turn: The operator today told me that a safer way for me to explain that I didn't need the pc would have been to upload a PDF in the pc slot in CEAC that explains why I didn't need to show one. That way, the reviewers are really sure to read your explanation. I, on the advice of another operator, had marked the doc as "unavailable" and used the comment function in CEAC to explain why it was unnecessary. Maybe actually do both if they ask for an Australian pc: upload a document with the explanation and copy that explanation in the comments field.

thanks for the tip!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, heythereluna said:

GUYS. I've had an interesting day.

So in the afternoon we received an email from NVC asking us to log into our account to retrieve a message. My heart sank. So I log in, and it's a checklist for a UK police certificate.

I had previously called NVC to check with them because I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to show them one, since the UK is not my country of birth nor of current residence, and I only lived there for nine months. The operator agreed that I didn't have to get one and told me to mark the document as unavailable in CEAC and write a comment explaining why I don't need it. Which is what I did.

So I nearly lost it earlier today when they gave us a checklist for this stupid thing. I guess they never even read the comment. Had a cry, composed myself, and called the NVC. I was lucky and got on line with a really nice operator named Tyler who, again, confirmed that I don't have to produce a UK pc. He tried connecting me with a supervisor, but apparently they were all busy, so he told me he'd forward the case to a supervisor for review but couldn't give a processing time estimate.

So I thought we'll be in line for another three weeks or so. BUT a few hours later, as I was out bowling my worst score in quite some time, we received the CC email saying we're documentarily qualified. SUCH A RELIEF, and it happened so quickly.

In the next round, I bowled my best ever score. :)

Anyway. This is just to say, don't hesitate to call them if you think NVC made a mistake. I didn't have high hopes at all, but they actually managed to sort out their mess within a few hours.

Congratulations! When did you submit all your documents?

6 minutes ago, ABK said:

Congratulations! When did you submit all your documents?

May 15!

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, rajeejunie said:

Apply now like someone else mentioned. It is valid up to a year and you must have one from Passport Seva. Do make your appointment soon. Giving you the report won't take long but the appointment itself may take time. 

Yes .I am going to apply it today for sure.i was lazily waiting for the welcome letter to get first.But now I don't want to wait a single moment.probably I will get it soon.Thanks 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey everyone, 

I (German) and my husband filed the CR1 visa in the US and we are elgible for electronic filing with NVC. I filled out the DS-260 form and am stuck with the supporting documents they need now. I hope someone will be able to help with a couple of questions: 

1) they ask for photographs but no further Definition. Do they want me to upload biographic photos? 

2) they ask me for police certificates from my home country and Georgia (I guess they mean the state) because I entered, that I lived there before (5 months for an internship) but do they really need that? 

3) they also want "exchange visitor documentation" because I was on a J1 internship visa while living in Georgia for 5 months. Does that mean paperwork/contract from the company I interned at? 

4) I heard that the documents dont need to be translated due to the police certificate not having entries, marriage certificate beeing easy to understand etc. But on the Page where the steps are explained they say you need to translated everything thats not in english? 

5) what is meant with optional documents? 

Thanks so much in advance!! 

20180531_022524.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, The C&J said:

NVC told us they are willing to expedite our case once our case is created. And since it's just almost a month since NVC received our case I'm thinking we will have our case number around July. Maybe try calling them and ask for an update about it? I think since you'll have your case number soon that's why they havent responded to you yet. Good luck!

Thanks, I hope you're right!!! All the best to you!!! This will all be over before you know it:) 

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

Timeline
1 hour ago, jess3 said:

Hey everyone, 

I (German) and my husband filed the CR1 visa in the US and we are elgible for electronic filing with NVC. I filled out the DS-260 form and am stuck with the supporting documents they need now. I hope someone will be able to help with a couple of questions: 

1) they ask for photographs but no further Definition. Do they want me to upload biographic photos? 

2) they ask me for police certificates from my home country and Georgia (I guess they mean the state) because I entered, that I lived there before (5 months for an internship) but do they really need that? 

3) they also want "exchange visitor documentation" because I was on a J1 internship visa while living in Georgia for 5 months. Does that mean paperwork/contract from the company I interned at? 

4) I heard that the documents dont need to be translated due to the police certificate not having entries, marriage certificate beeing easy to understand etc. But on the Page where the steps are explained they say you need to translated everything thats not in english? 

5) what is meant with optional documents? 

Thanks so much in advance!! 

20180531_022524.png

I uploaded passport photograph.

For police certificate you need check country specific requirements.  Use this link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

You need translations for all documents that are not in English.

You can upload petitioner's passport (biographic page) in the optional documents.

Edited by ABK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Visa2017 said:

My case is non-pivot and today is the 8th week and still no case number!

Why are they so slow?

Unfortunately same here.Nvc received it on 03/30/2018(non pivot).almost i'm in 9th week.still nothing...😭😭

Timeline
4 hours ago, wacoachrusso said:

So my case was sent to the DOS on May 16, and I called today and they said they received it on May22nd. So I never got an email, but she said to now allow up to 8 weeks for a case number. What is the average time people are waiting?  And once I get the case number, do thing go more quickly??? Just wondering if September is a realistic time frame where my wife will have her green card? Thanks!! Love this group

•  

Pivot cases (electronic processing) are taking up to 10 weeks. After you get case number, process should go faster for pivot cases but currently it has slowed down. I think non pivot cases are going much faster than pivot cases. Meanwhile, you can prepare your civil and financial documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.