1,901 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

I am getting to the point where I am thinking about putting off working on my case until next March/April 2019 even when the NVC number comes in.  It has now been 8 weeks and nothing.  I have the luxury being with my wife so its not like we are in a hurry.  We were only in a hurry to come stateside so we could visit my parents in Idaho by this fall and take an LA road trip.  If I wait till the above date mentioned to finish it I can skip the ROC two years from now which I heard is a huge nightmare right now.  

sounds like a plan.

10/27/2012 got married

2 dogs n 5 cats later....

➺ 03/28/2017 I-130 Sent

➺ 04/3/2017  NOA-1

------------------------a whoping 261 days later

➺ 12/20/2017 NOA-2 Date

➺ 01/02/2018 Case sent to NVC

==============================NVC======================================

➺ 01/23/18 Case number and IIN assigned! 

➺ 01/25/18 DS-261, choice of agent  filled 

➺ 01/26/18 AOS bill invoiced

➺ 01/27/18 AOS paid 

➺ 02/01/18 IV bill invoiced and paid

➺ 02/07/18  DS-260 completed and submitted

➺ 05/11/18 AOS and IV packages sent (EMS from Indonesia)

➺ 05/16/18 IV and AOS package delivered to NVC

➺ 05/23/18 Got CC at NVC!  

=============================EMBASSY=====================================

➺ 05/31/18  Interview date assigned 

➺ 06/29/18 Medical Check (a week later the RS.Premier Bintaro sent the result to US Embassy)

➺ 07/31/18  interview!-- CEAC showed "Issued" a day later

➺ 08/03/18 Visa in hand

➺ 12/16/18 Point of entry: Houston

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

I am getting to the point where I am thinking about putting off working on my case until next March/April 2019 even when the NVC number comes in.  It has now been 8 weeks and nothing.  I have the luxury being with my wife so its not like we are in a hurry.  We were only in a hurry to come stateside so we could visit my parents in Idaho by this fall and take an LA road trip.  If I wait till the above date mentioned to finish it I can skip the ROC two years from now which I heard is a huge nightmare right now.  

2019??? That's a serious Nightmare.Looks like we both are actually going through the same.It' s actually week 9 for me.and guess what nothing.My first marriage anniversary is on july.i thought we gonna celebrate it.Looks like I have to celebrate it alone with the thoughts of NVC & the wait for case number..😑 still I pray that all of us just survive through the whole NVC .I hope you will get your case no soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Thank u so Much for the quick reply.Good to see that you are from India too.It is so painful to be so far from your partner.Each day is like a year for

me.Another question if you please help me regarding the Police clearance Certificate.when is the actual time to apply for a pcc? Is it before the welcome letter or after?

Apply now like someone else mentioned. It is valid up to a year and you must have one from Passport Seva. Do make your appointment soon. Giving you the report won't take long but the appointment itself may take time. 

My timeline

ROC

6-08-20 I-751 Package sent

6-09-20 I-751 Package received 

06-15-20 Received text with receipt number (MSC-XXX)

06-16-20 Check cashed 

07-09-20 Called USCIS to enquire about NOA-1. Was told it was sent on 07-01-20.

07-11-20 Received 18-month extension letter NOA dated 06-30-20

05-03-20 Received Biometric Appointment scheduled for May24th (NY/NJ area)

CR-1

6-16-17 I-130 sent 

6-20-17 received NOA 1 Texas Service Center

1-24-18 NOA 2 approved 

2-23-18 NVC Received my case

3-30-18 Case Number Assigned

4-3-18 Welcome Letter email from NVC

4-4-18 Paid AOS and IV Fees 

4-10-18 Sent AOS package and Civil Documents 

4-11-18 NVC Processed all fees and Completed D260 form 

4-12-18 NVC Received packet 

4-13-18 NVC Scanned all documents

4-25-18 Case Complete at NVC ("At NVC")

4-26-18 Interview Scheduled (I called to find out

4-28-18 Received P4 from NVC

6-15-18 Interview Date! 

221G given on interview

6-26-18 Issued (Finally!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, deema-alawwad said:

what is the maximum time to get case number ? 8 or 12 weeks ? i witting from 12 april and nothing   

Pivot cases are taking up to 10 weeks

3 minutes ago, ABK said:

Do I have to upload petitioner's birth certificate and passport on CEAC website?

Petitioner BC is not required. Passport could be used to show proof of US citizenship.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

at what step do we schedule/do the medical?...do we have to wait until our case is sent to the consulate .. I have just paid all fees and pretty much just waiting to send my completed packet and fill out DS260 and i want to further hiccups...just wondering if i could be pro active?...anybody have any advice on this specially people doing interviews in jamaica?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, kingandqueen said:

at what step do we schedule/do the medical?...do we have to wait until our case is sent to the consulate .. I have just paid all fees and pretty much just waiting to send my completed packet and fill out DS260 and i want to further hiccups...just wondering if i could be pro active?...anybody have any advice on this specially people doing interviews in jamaica?

You need your embassy interview date letter unfortunately!

5 minutes ago, heythereluna said:

GUYS. I've had an interesting day.

So in the afternoon we received an email from NVC asking us to log into our account to retrieve a message. My heart sank. So I log in, and it's a checklist for a UK police certificate.

I had previously called NVC to check with them because I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to show them one, since the UK is not my country of birth nor of current residence, and I only lived there for nine months. The operator agreed that I didn't have to get one and told me to mark the document as unavailable in CEAC and write a comment explaining why I don't need it. Which is what I did.

So I nearly lost it earlier today when they gave us a checklist for this stupid thing. I guess they never even read the comment. Had a cry, composed myself, and called the NVC. I was lucky and got on line with a really nice operator named Tyler who, again, confirmed that I don't have to produce a UK pc. He tried connecting me with a supervisor, but apparently they were all busy, so he told me he'd forward the case to a supervisor for review but couldn't give a processing time estimate.

So I thought we'll be in line for another three weeks or so. BUT a few hours later, as I was out bowling my worst score in quite some time, we received the CC email saying we're documentarily qualified. SUCH A RELIEF, and it happened so quickly.

In the next round, I bowled my best ever score. :)

Anyway. This is just to say, don't hesitate to call them if you think NVC made a mistake. I didn't have high hopes at all, but they actually managed to sort out their mess within a few hours.

That is great news! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kingandqueen said:

darn ittt...thank you!

I know haha I am itching to do mine! I already for the shots I need for it. I need to travel quite a distance to get it done and I don't want to chance it too close to my interview so as soon as I get my date I am booking asap!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
21 minutes ago, heythereluna said:

GUYS. I've had an interesting day.

So in the afternoon we received an email from NVC asking us to log into our account to retrieve a message. My heart sank. So I log in, and it's a checklist for a UK police certificate.

I had previously called NVC to check with them because I was under the impression that I wouldn't need to show them one, since the UK is not my country of birth nor of current residence, and I only lived there for nine months. The operator agreed that I didn't have to get one and told me to mark the document as unavailable in CEAC and write a comment explaining why I don't need it. Which is what I did.

So I nearly lost it earlier today when they gave us a checklist for this stupid thing. I guess they never even read the comment. Had a cry, composed myself, and called the NVC. I was lucky and got on line with a really nice operator named Tyler who, again, confirmed that I don't have to produce a UK pc. He tried connecting me with a supervisor, but apparently they were all busy, so he told me he'd forward the case to a supervisor for review but couldn't give a processing time estimate.

So I thought we'll be in line for another three weeks or so. BUT a few hours later, as I was out bowling my worst score in quite some time, we received the CC email saying we're documentarily qualified. SUCH A RELIEF, and it happened so quickly.

In the next round, I bowled my best ever score. :)

Anyway. This is just to say, don't hesitate to call them if you think NVC made a mistake. I didn't have high hopes at all, but they actually managed to sort out their mess within a few hours.

Congrats on your CC and thanks for sharing this. I lived in Australia for 10 months 8 years ago and I'm really anxious that they ask me for a police certificate as it takes forever to get one. Now I am sure that for CR/IR visa you don't need to have any if you lived in another country less than one year.

Good luck for the rest of your process!

2 minutes ago, matt and kim said:

Congrats on your CC and thanks for sharing this. I lived in Australia for 10 months 8 years ago and I'm really anxious that they ask me for a police certificate as it takes forever to get one. Now I am sure that for CR/IR visa you don't need to have any if you lived in another country less than one year.

Good luck for the rest of your process!

It's actually really clear from all the documentation on the travel.gov website that for cases like ours, pcs from these third countries are not required, so I don't even know why CEAC prompted me to produce one in the first place.

One tip for when it's your turn: The operator today told me that a safer way for me to explain that I didn't need the pc would have been to upload a PDF in the pc slot in CEAC that explains why I didn't need to show one. That way, the reviewers are really sure to read your explanation. I, on the advice of another operator, had marked the doc as "unavailable" and used the comment function in CEAC to explain why it was unnecessary. Maybe actually do both if they ask for an Australian pc: upload a document with the explanation and copy that explanation in the comments field.

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.