1,901 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ajt3 said:

Thank u so Much for the quick reply.Good to see that you are from India too.It is so painful to be so far from your partner.Each day is like a year for

me.Another question if you please help me regarding the Police clearance Certificate.when is the actual time to apply for a pcc? Is it before the welcome letter or after?

Police certificate is valid for a year for immigration purposes. Apply now as your case is already at NVC. In some places it can take up to two months to get Police Clearence Certificate, so don't wait. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Police certificate is valid for a year for immigration purposes. Apply now as your case is already at NVC. In some places it can take up to two months to get Police Clearence Certificate, so don't wait. 

Thank you so much.But I am confused about the fact if passport office will provide me a Pcc without checking any welcome letter( As they probably want to see why I am applying for it) .what Happened in your case? Did they provide you the Pcc without checking the welcome letter?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
56 minutes ago, C.A.R. said:

Thank you but that’s exactly how mine looks. Readable, in portrait mode with words horizontal. I’m going to call NVC but I am doubtful they’ll be much help. 

I guess I’ll just scan again and upload? So weird. 

Please let us know what they say, this is so confusing.

N-400 (Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/10/21: Case received

06/10/21: NOA

08/06/21: Biometrics

12/10/21: Interview scheduled

01/21/22: Interview

01/24/22: Approved!

02/17/22: Oath Ceremony!!

ROC (Service Center: National Benefit Center MSC, Field Office: Milwaukee WI)

Spoiler

06/17/20: Case received

06/30/20: NOA

07/02/21: Biometrics

01/21/22: Interview (combo with N-400)

01/24/22: Approved!

CR-1 Visa (Service Center: Nebraska - Consulate: Belgium)

Spoiler

07/31/17: I-130 Priority date

08/02/17: I-130 NOA1

02/26/18: I-130 NOA2

03/15/18: NVC Received (Pivot)

06/12/18: NVC Case complete

07/26/18: Interview, approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Guys, 

I have a quick question regarding AOS--- under federal return income information should I mark NO for 1st question because I haven't filed my taxes for 2017 (I did file my taxes for 2016, 2015). I have filed for an extension. Thank you in advance. 

image.png

2 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Thank you so much.But I am confused about the fact if passport office will provide me a Pcc without checking any welcome letter( As they probably want to see why I am applying for it) .what Happened in your case? Did they provide you the Pcc without checking the welcome letter?

I am not from India, so can't tell you where you need to apply and what they would ask for. 

In NL they asked for proof when we applied for VOG (Police Certificate). We showed them our NOA2 as proof of our immigration case.

1 minute ago, R&J said:

Hello Guys, 

I have a quick question regarding AOS--- under federal return income information should I mark NO for 1st question because I haven't filed my taxes for 2017 (I did file my taxes for 2016, 2015). I have filed for an extension. Thank you in advance. 

image.png

No is the correct answer, as you didn't file taxes for the most recent tax year, i.e., 2017.

6 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

I am from India, they will for which country thats it. you can fill form online and print it carry. the passport and other checklist. I got the pcc same day in Hyderabad

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

I am not from India, so can't tell you where you need to apply and what they would ask for. 

In NL they asked for proof when we applied for VOG (Police Certificate). We showed them our NOA2 as proof of our immigration case.

This is what I was thinking if I can use my Noa2 in case they want to check the reason for my Pcc.Thanks a lot.It really helps.☺️

Timeline
5 minutes ago, TER said:

I am from India, they will for which country thats it. you can fill form online and print it carry. the passport and other checklist. I got the pcc same day in Hyderabad

That's good.so can I use my Noa2?as you are from India you know specifically about the "great system" 🤣 When did you apply for it ? Before the welcome letter? I will be applying in Kolkata

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Thank u so Much for the quick reply.Good to see that you are from India too.It is so painful to be so far from your partner.Each day is like a year for

me.Another question if you please help me regarding the Police clearance Certificate.when is the actual time to apply for a pcc? Is it before the welcome letter or after?

I am getting to the point where I am thinking about putting off working on my case until next March/April 2019 even when the NVC number comes in.  It has now been 8 weeks and nothing.  I have the luxury being with my wife so its not like we are in a hurry.  We were only in a hurry to come stateside so we could visit my parents in Idaho by this fall and take an LA road trip.  If I wait till the above date mentioned to finish it I can skip the ROC two years from now which I heard is a huge nightmare right now.  

1 minute ago, Ajt3 said:

That's good.so can I use my Noa2?as you are from India you know specifically about the "great system" 🤣 When did you apply for it ? Before the welcome letter? I will be applying in Kolkata

I got my noa2 on march 6th I applied in November 2017 any it is valid for one year

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TER said:

I got my noa2 on march 6th I applied in November 2017 any it is valid for one year

Thank u so much.I will apply for it probably tomorrow.I Don't want to waste anytime

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.