1,901 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ABK said:

Haha. You may call everyday. I called once after they asked for my name and DOB. 

Just for curiosity, how many days have passed since the day you called (asking beneficiary, petitioner name) and the day they actually gave you case and invoice number?

5 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Just for curiosity, how many days have passed since the day you called (asking beneficiary, petitioner name) and the day they actually gave you case and invoice number?

I just called and they asked me all that. Didn't ask me any of this last time I called. Now my hopes are up. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

2 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Cool! Are you pivot? and what's your NVC receipt date?

Yes. Pivot. May 2nd. 

1 minute ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Wow, then you're lucky, never seen anyone pivot getting a case number in 4 weeks or less! Haha :D I've been waiting for a case number since March 14, approved end of February.

I will believe it when I have the case number in hand. I hope I am lucky.

3 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

I will believe it when I have the case number in hand. I hope I am lucky.

Yes I agree, but wouldn't make any sense to put the info into the system and waiting more weeks or months for a case number, this is why you should receive a case number soon...although it's incredible! Fingers crossed :) 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
16 minutes ago, deema-alawwad said:

what is the Maximum time to get case number 8 weeks or 12 weeks ? 

We got our case and invoice number exactly in 10 weeks. Pivot case

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sal89 said:

Ainsi, il a fallu NVC 3 semaines pour qualifier le document unique qui a été soumis dans une orientation différente *. 

CC: 5/29/2018 (Aujourd'hui)

* Ils ont examiné nos documents le 9 mai. Et nous a demandé de réexaminer le passeport afin que les mots puissent être lus horizontalement. Donc, pour les nouveaux venus à NVC , gardez cela à l'esprit. 

Congratulations, i have the same pb, received cheklist 10 may, for document with a bad position and i still waiting cc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

They asked my name and DOB on May 3rd and I received welcome email with case and invoice number on May 7th.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sal89 said:

Position doesn't matter as far as your passport pic and details (dob, passport no etc) can be read horizontally. 

Some passports like Paki have the pics and details vertical and 2nd page has words in horizontal. 3rd page has signatures. NVC doesn't care about the 2nd page, they like to read your details without rotating the doc. So, first page and the page with your signatures should have words horizontal.

Alright. Thank you so much. This means that in order to read words horizontally, the position of page 1 that has pic and details should be landscape. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello Fellows,

Below is a quick review of my timeline:: I was kind of shocked to see an email from NVC with case number this morning ( I got the case number in 6weeks 5days) which is a little relief.

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: July 6th, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Jan 28th, 2018

NOA2: Feb 28th, 2018

Sent to NVC: April 6th, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: April 13th, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 29, 2018

Waiting for fees to say PAID.. in order to submit further documents.

Edited by R&J

2 hours ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Call NVC. If they ask you to choose option 5, your case is Pivot. If you choose Option 2, your case is non-Pivot.

Thank you :) 

Hello,

I am just wondering. We requested to expedite our case and today, we received an email from NVC that they are willing to expedite our case. The problem is we dont have a case number yet. NVC received our case on May 7. So does this mean we are getting a case number soon or we have to wait 8-10 weeks for a case number? Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.