1,901 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Im about 6 weeks in waiting for case#

Do anyone of you know if South Africa is pivot or non pivot? Thanks in advance 

Edited by Serrano101

I need help here, for the first time ever today on the phone NVC representative asks for Beneficiary name, date of birth, petitioner name and "who are you"...when I asked if a Case number has been issued they said no. So is it a good sign they asked for this information or maybe it's a routine? They never asked me such....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

I need help here, for the first time ever today on the phone NVC representative asks for Beneficiary name, date of birth, petitioner name and "who are you"...when I asked if a Case number has been issued they said no. So is it a good sign they asked for this information or maybe it's a routine? They never asked me such....

Yes, it's a good sign. You should get case number within a week. Same thing happened with me. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Caterpillar8 said:

Same here! Option 5 is the PIVOT department. NVC transfers (bad luck) petitions from non-pivot to pivot departments, but the clock starts back to week 0 the moment they transfer without taking in consideration the waiting time before that. How? I don't know, why? Looks like NVC is changing the system to PIVOT to most of the Embassies. I believe they want all embassies to be PIVOT by a certain date 2019? 2020?

This sounds horrible. Is there no way you can escalate it to a manager to expedite your case? It's not your fault that they sat on it for weeks before converting it to Pivot, but again we are mainly in "beggers cannot be choosers" situation, so maybe there isn't an answer for this. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

So, it took NVC 3 weeks to qualify the one doc that was submitted in a different orientation*. 

CC: 5/29/2018 (Today)

*They reviewed our docs on May 9th. And requested us to rescan the passport so the words can be read horizontally. So for the newcomers at NVC, keep this in mind. 

Edited by Sal89

So my case was sent to the DOS on May 16, and I called today and they said they received it on May22nd. So I never got an email, but she said to now allow up to 8 weeks for a case number. What is the average time people are waiting?  And once I get the case number, do thing go more quickly??? Just wondering if September is a realistic time frame where my wife will have her green card? Thanks!! Love this group

8 minutes ago, Sal89 said:

So, it took NVC 3 weeks to qualify the one doc that was submitted in a different orientation. 

Congratulations! Wish you to get your interview very quick.

Did they send you an email or you checked in their website changed to "AT NVC". When (time) did they actually updated?

1 hour ago, Serrano101 said:

Hi guys, Im about 6 weeks in waiting for case#

Do anyone of you know if South Africa is pivot or non pivot? Thanks in advance 

Call NVC. If they ask you to choose option 5, your case is Pivot. If you choose Option 2, your case is non-Pivot.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Timeline
Just now, Meb said:

Congratulations! Wish you to get your interview very quick.

Did they send you an email or you checked in their website changed to "AT NVC". When (time) did they actually updated?

Thank you. 

I got an email about half an hour ago and then I checked on their website and it says "AT NVC" now. Before it was "Submit Docs".

3 minutes ago, Sal89 said:

Thank you. 

I got an email about half an hour ago and then I checked on their website and it says "AT NVC" now. Before it was "Submit Docs".

Thank you again. I have another question, buddy. when I checked on your timeline it has been awhile since you sent your package. Did you get a checklist or this is the reply for the original package you sent back on late April.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Meb said:

Thank you again. I have another question, buddy. when I checked on your timeline it has been awhile since you sent your package. Did you get a checklist or this is the reply for the original package you sent back on late April.

Buddy ;) we uploaded our docs on April 27th. They reviewed them on May 9th. and then see below. :D

27 minutes ago, Sal89 said:

So, it took NVC 3 weeks to qualify the one doc that was submitted in a different orientation*. 

*They reviewed our docs on May 9th. And requested us (call it e-checklist) to rescan the passport so the words can be read horizontally. So, for the newcomers at NVC, keep this in mind. 

Edited by Sal89

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Sal89 said:

*They reviewed our docs on May 9th. And requested us to rescan the passport so the words can be read horizontally. So for the newcomers at NVC, keep this in mind. 

Does this mean that the passport should be in landscape position?

Timeline
1 minute ago, ABK said:

Does this mean that the passport should be in landscape position?

Position doesn't matter as far as your passport pic and details (dob, passport no etc) can be read horizontally. 

Some passports like Paki have the pics and details vertical and 2nd page has words in horizontal. 3rd page has signatures. NVC doesn't care about the 2nd page, they like to read your details without rotating the doc. So, first page and the page with your signatures should have words horizontal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.