1,901 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, ABK said:

Which vaccinations are required according to US law?

https://www.uscis.gov/news/questions-and-answers/vaccination-requirements

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello gdday please I want to know what documents are required for the Nvc stage since I am waiting for the case number and the process involved. Also how long does it take a non pivot case for case number because I received email from NVC and they acknowledge that my documents are with them already but it will take 8 weeks for case# that sound too long .please I need replies .thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, wendykay said:

hello gdday please I want to know what documents are required for the Nvc stage since I am waiting for the case number and the process involved. Also how long does it take a non pivot case for case number because I received email from NVC and they acknowledge that my documents are with them already but it will take 8 weeks for case# that sound too long .please I need replies .thanks

Documents for Beneficiary:

1.Police certificate from all the places you've stayed for more than 6 months. For details, check country specific requirements

2. Marriage certificate

3. Marriage termination record if any

4. Birth certificate

5. Passport size 2×2 photographs

6. Passport biographic page

Docs for Petitioner:

1. Tax transcripts of most recent year or better if 3 most recent years

2. Birth certificate

3. Employer letter

4. Passport biographic page

For non pivot cases, I think it's taking 5-6 weeks to get case and invoice number

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
33 minutes ago, heythereluna said:

I had to do the same and was similarly confused. I called the NVC, and the operator said that they mean a copy of the visa in your passport, yes. To be sure, I also added all the DS-2019s I have. Mind you, My case has not yet been reviewed, so I can't tell you if they were actually content with this, but this was the info NVC gave me.

i'm also confused about their request to upload "photography".

are they asking for  Passport size 2×2 photographs?

or photographs of me and my wife doing the whole 'married life' stuff together?

NOA1: 7th June 2017

NOA2: 31st January 2018

Sent from USCIS: 12th February 2018

Received by NVC: 16th February 2018

Started telling me they never received petition since: 22nd march 2018

Started saying they magically received petition: 26th March 2018

"there is no time frame for case number assignment": 18th May 2018

Case number assigned & fees sent: 22nd May 2018

Fees "PAID": 27th May

AOS & DS-260 with Civil Documents submitted online: 3rd June 2018

Case Complete: 14th June 2018

Received email with interview date scheduled: 12th July 2018.

Interview @ Dublin embassy: 2nd August 2018 DENIED!  (421 days since NOA1). 

(incorrect spelling and missing middle name on police certs)

31st August: did my 2nd medical cert, because 1st one expired.

14th September: official APPROVED.

Currently: waiting for DPD courier to tell me my visa is ready for collection at my local depot.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ABK said:

Documents for Beneficiary:

1.Police certificate from all the places you've stayed for more than 6 months. For details, check country specific requirements

2. Marriage certificate

3. Marriage termination record if any

4. Birth certificate

5. Passport size 2×2 photographs

6. Passport biographic page

Docs for Petitioner:

1. Tax transcripts of most recent year or better if 3 most recent years

2. Birth certificate

3. Employer letter

4. Passport biographic page

For non pivot cases, I think it's taking 5-6 weeks to get case and invoice number

thanks alot

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee elle said:

It will take as long as it takes to get a Case number.. 4 weeks. 8 weeks 12 weeks.. out of your control... everyone is waiting far longer than they want to... 

You should go onto the state.gov website and search for NVC process.. everything is explained there in a clear step by step process.. make sure you read it thoroughly and follow the links and drop down menus. There are several places where the documents needed  and the specific process is country dependent, so you need to get that very clear to avoid RFE and delays. 

Make those pages your very close friend.. look at all the forms that are needed.. and their associated instruction pages.. read literally and simply.. come back and ask specific questions once you have done your research.. you will find plenty of help .. we all have to take responsibility or understanding the process  ourselves  ... 

It will take as long as it takes to get a Case number.. 4 weeks. 8 weeks 12 weeks.. out of your control... everyone is waiting far longer than they want to... 

You should go onto the state.gov website and search for NVC process.. everything is explained there in a clear step by step process.. make sure you read it thoroughly and follow the links and drop down menus. There are several places where the documents needed  and the specific process is country dependent, so you need to get that very clear to avoid RFE and delays. 

Make those pages your very close friend.. look at all the forms that are needed.. and their associated instruction pages.. read literally and simply.. come back and ask specific questions once you have done your research.. you will find plenty of help .. we all have to take responsibility or understanding the process  ourselves  ... 

thanks alot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 5/26/2018 at 12:25 PM, jesserz said:

We have a similar situation with travel plans in July. You can reschedule an interview. They say "this may incur significant wait time" though, and I truly wonder what that means. A month? 2 months? 3 years?! Such a vague process... 

But, you can totally wait to upload your stuff until later if you'd like. There's no telling anything. The only way to be SUPER sure that you won't be scheduled until August would be to send your documents in August I guess.

How far in advance can you reschedule an interview? For example if your interview is on July 15th,2018 could it be rescheduled for May 15th,2019? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
6 hours ago, wendykay said:

Im not pivot case and took me 8 weeks exactly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
9 minutes ago, DGTravel said:

Guys! do you know where we can download ds-260 & ds-261 forms? This is to be ready when it's our time to fill out it in CEAC, thanks!!

Here you go! Awful quality, but this is the only one available. You definitely can see what to expect.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260 Exemplar.pdf

Ds261 is only one page (if I can recall), with basic information about your agent (your spouse I guess), such as address, dob, etc. There is really nothing to be prepared for :)

Edited by Mv&Sh

44 minutes ago, Mv&Sh said:

Here you go! Awful quality, but this is the only one available. You definitely can see what to expect.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/DS-260 Exemplar.pdf

Ds261 is only one page (if I can recall), with basic information about your agent (your spouse I guess), such as address, dob, etc. There is really nothing to be prepared for :)

Do we gona fill this Ds260 or they updated since 2013. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
2 hours ago, Reqahmed said:

Do we gona fill this Ds260 or they updated since 2013. Thanks

Yes, you are going to fill (the online version of) this one. I think everything is pretty straightforward, the sucky parts are the previous addresses and jobs in the past 10 years. That’s quite a research if you moved a lot... If that’s impossible for you to get it together, just be honest and do the closest. As long as you have got no any other issues with your application, but a few dates, it is very unlikely to be denied.

Also when you do the actual ds260, it won’t be 70 something pages. The pdf you are looking at contains every possible option. What I did is print the whole thing, then threw out the pages irrelevant to me. The size was cut almost half. 🤓

Edited by Mv&Sh

2 hours ago, Mv&Sh said:

Yes, you are going to fill (the online version of) this one. I think everything is pretty straightforward, the sucky parts are the previous addresses and jobs in the past 10 years. That’s quite a research if you moved a lot... If that’s impossible for you to get it together, just be honest and do the closest. As long as you have got no any other issues with your application, but a few dates, it is very unlikely to be denied.

Also when you do the actual ds260, it won’t be 70 something pages. The pdf you are looking at contains every possible option. What I did is print the whole thing, then threw out the pages irrelevant to me. The size was cut almost half. 🤓

Thank you very helpful. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.