1,901 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, alloy-K said:

Oh, man! Hopes are high now! :D We'll be looking out for a CC sometime next week!

That's awesome!

Yup! You'll get a CC soon! :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, jt96 said:

It finally opened up today about noon, submitted the both packets, so we will see how long it takes. did you gets get it complete?

Nope, Pivot cases are getting hosed again. As if that were supposed to be a surprise. Haven't heard of a pivot cc since beginning of May. 

50 minutes ago, mr&mrshinds said:

Our documents were received by NVC on May 14, and I just checked a few minutes ago the status is now "At NVC"

Ours was received May 17.....Hoping for the best..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Can I fill out DS-260 while I'm still waiting for tax transcript for I-864? Do they ask to upload the documents at the end of DS-260 form or do we have to email the documents to NVC separately?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ABK said:

Can I fill out DS-260 while I'm still waiting for tax transcript for I-864? Do they ask to upload the documents at the end of DS-260 form or do we have to email the documents to NVC separately?

I mean technically, it says somewhere that they won't review until everything is submitted, but personally, I wouldn't risk submitting the DS-260 until you have everything ready to submit. Give these guys a bone and they'll delay you at whatever ludicrous excuse they want to give. You can always go through the form and save your work, but just not submit until you get tax transcript.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, skyzee said:

I mean technically, it says somewhere that they won't review until everything is submitted, but personally, I wouldn't risk submitting the DS-260 until you have everything ready to submit. Give these guys a bone and they'll delay you at whatever ludicrous excuse they want to give. You can always go through the form and save your work, but just not submit until you get tax transcript.

Yeah, you are right. Thank you so much. This means, I can fill out the form and save it but I should not submit it. 

Edited by ABK

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 hours ago, reem said:

Hi All , 

i was little out of the topic.

But Am so worried for the fact that we got our NOA2 approved on april 15th and still no reply from NVC yet .

No notifications about whther the case is recieved or not neither any case number allocated.

can someone pls expalin what is exactly happening.

Am so worried about the same ...

Also any tentative timelines for process completion ?

Hope someone can help me on same 

If your service center was Texas, it would take 3 weeks atleast for your docs to reach NVC. So your NVC receive date should be somewhere in the first week of May. Then it takes around 5-6 weeks to generate NVC case number and invoice number. So, you can expect your case number to be generated around second week of June :) But don't hesitate to call NVC. Most people, if not all here on VJ, called to NVC from time to time. Just call NVC and make sure that they have received your case from USCIS. Hope it helps! :) 

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

Timeline
1 hour ago, HariMS said:

If your service center was Texas, it would take 3 weeks atleast for your docs to reach NVC. So your NVC receive date should be somewhere in the first week of May. Then it takes around 5-6 weeks to generate NVC case number and invoice number. So, you can expect your case number to be generated around second week of June :) But don't hesitate to call NVC. Most people, if not all here on VJ, called to NVC from time to time. Just call NVC and make sure that they have received your case from USCIS. Hope it helps! :) 

THANKS HARI for the update ...

ours was nebraska ,any idea whn it will reach NVC?

but the status seems like noa2 yet to be approved in the USCIS portal..eventough we got an email telling our case is approved..

is there anything to worry about with that?

Edited by reem
ADD AN ifo

Timeline
1 minute ago, reem said:

THANKS HARI for the update ...

ours was nebraska ,any idea whn it will reach NVC?

but the status seems like noa2 yet to be approved in the USCIS portal..eventough we got an email telling our case is approved..

is there anything to worry about with that?

That's absolutely fine. Nothing to worry. I think Nebraska is a tad faster in sending the documents to NVC (need others' opinion in this). But, regarding the status, in my case too, it got updated on the portal after 2 weeks or so. You can call USCIS once just to confirm that it's completed from their side and also can check with them if they had sent your documents to NVC. They will say that it will take 4 weeks or so for them to send it to NVC and blah and more blah.. but don't worry, it will reach in 3 weeks or in the worst case, 4 weeks. The status on the USCIS portal will change to "Approved" first and then to "Sent to Department of State". :) All the best!

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

I-130 approved February 28, received by NVC on March 14 as non-pivot then sent to pivot department April 27 still waiting for NVC case number. :( Getting a case number is like I-130 approval...

I'm sorry to hear this. But it is totally unpredictable to forecast the timeline for cases that start as non-pivot and then get sent to the pivot category. :( Expect your case number in Early June at the latest. Keep calling NVC as it has already passed 9 weeks. Hope for the best! In the end everything will be alright :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I had to update my embassy, which I could finally do since I got a case number. So I went from PRG###... to FRN###... Thankfully, both are PIVOT. But now I can't log in to the system with my new case number and my fees are all still "IN PROCESS" even though it's been the fabled "2-3 business days." For being a government website (maybe because it's a government website), they really have some terrible tech.

Has anyone else changed their embassy? I've called them 3 times since then and have received 3 different answers: "Make sure the Invoice Number is correct;" "Use internet explorer, it won't work with anything else;" and "wait for our computers to turn back on tomorrow and reset the system."

It's like talking to any tech support I guess. I'll be calling again today. -_- Such an adventure.

Nebraska Service Centre / Frankfurt Embassy

2016/03/30 - Married!

2017/07/14 - Sent off our I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox (Filed from abroad)

2017/07/24 - NOA1 (sent to Nebraska)

2018/03/02 - NOA2 (Approved!)

2018/03/19 - "We sent your petition to the Department of State"

2018/03/23 - NVC received petition

2018/05/17 - Case# received and fees paid

2018/05/21 - Case# changed -- can't log in with the new one so "we've sent in a 'ticket' to get it fixed"

2018/05/22 - Scan date. Ticket worked, submitted all our paperwork until the wee hours of the morning. 

2018/06/11 - CC!!! "Documentarily Qualified"

2018/06/25 - Got interview date for July 11; but we must reschedule for August. 

2018/06/26 - Medical

2018/06/28 - New interview date received (for August 13th)

2018/08/13 - Interview in Frankfurt!!! They asked for certified translations.

2018/08/28 - Sent in translations

2018/09/06 - CEAC status changed to "ISSUED!!!"

2018/09/13 - Passport received in the mail! Everything is beautiful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.