J Laredo

Appoint wait time in CDJ Mexico?

306 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 hours ago, yesdrobledo said:

After 6 hours, my stepson came out of the consulate saying he was approved!!!

CEAC status changed to ISSUED a few hours ago. What's next

:D Congrats!!!!!    now its just a matter of time , they will send you an email with the DHL airwaybill or if is available for pickup :D ... we had our interview on February 1st (friday) and we recived our airwaybill yesterday (February 7). 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, JaviMB said:

:D Congrats!!!!!    now its just a matter of time , they will send you an email with the DHL airwaybill or if is available for pickup :D ... we had our interview on February 1st (friday) and we recived our airwaybill yesterday (February 7). 

I don't wanna wait so long 😂😂😂

I've read stories about visas being ready the following day or 2 days later. Fingers crossed for today or tomorrow. 

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the site - thank you in advance for any insight you can provide. 

My husband and I were married in January 2018 and we got all of our documentation submitted by mid-February. Everything has been smooth except now we're in a limbo status waiting for our appointment at the embassy in Ciudad Juárez. We received the email that the National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the required information and that we're in the queue to receive an appointment date at the embassy. That email was on October 4th... it's now February 12th and still no appointment date. From my research on this site and others, it's looking like it can take 2 to 6 months. Is that true? The wait is killing us and the fear that we're somehow "lost" in the system is getting to us. Our lawyer was caught off guard too and therefore didn't properly set our expectations.

Thanks again!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 7:39 PM, davidsf said:

From my research on this site and others, it's looking like it can take 2 to 6 months. Is that true? 

Thanks again!

Try more like 8-10 months...CDJ is crazzzy slow!😫

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/5/2018 at 3:29 PM, Rendon291823 said:

Yes , I hope so , because I’m thinking about expediting my case. I have a new born and the bills don’t wait n I’m the only one working 

I'm going to attempt to get expedited, any suggestions or pointers?  If you don't mind my asking what did you include in your email?

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/26/2019 at 12:21 PM, yesdrobledo said:

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share that after submitting an email to expedite, we finally recieved our interview letter for my stepson. It's in 2 weeks!

What did you include in your email? We are going to attempt to expedite and have been asking for some help in what to include..Thanks!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, davidsf said:

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the site - thank you in advance for any insight you can provide. 

My husband and I were married in January 2018 and we got all of our documentation submitted by mid-February. Everything has been smooth except now we're in a limbo status waiting for our appointment at the embassy in Ciudad Juárez. We received the email that the National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the required information and that we're in the queue to receive an appointment date at the embassy. That email was on October 4th... it's now February 12th and still no appointment date. From my research on this site and others, it's looking like it can take 2 to 6 months. Is that true? The wait is killing us and the fear that we're somehow "lost" in the system is getting to us. Our lawyer was caught off guard too and therefore didn't properly set our expectations.

Thanks again!

Yes so your cc (case complete) would be Oct 4, I woukd expect news from them around end of may /june. You can email them every week or call....emailing them helped me keep my sanity, by hearing from them even though it was just to tell me to keep waiting. Good luck to all!

Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 7:57 AM, JaviMB said:

Congratz! Do you mind sharing how long were you in there and how long was yiur interview?

Timeline
Just now, Lulu01 said:

Congratz! Do you mind sharing how long were you in there and how long was yiur interview?

Also are you back in the states? I read that you go thru a second interview as you cross the border?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/12/2019 at 5:39 PM, davidsf said:

Thanks again!

It is taking longer and longer to get an interview at Juarez because it is the busiest consulate in the world and at the same time they only do interviews for two hours a day I believe.  I have a feeling it is going to start taking a year to get an interview in that consulate pretty soon from the time that you get your case complete letter.  But yes I would say that 8-10 months becoming the normal wait time just for the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.