John & Rose

Refused???

249 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You missed out on the whole AOS which is majority of the paperwork and headache for a K1 though. ;)

Once the initial shock of the refusal wore off we are refocusing.  With three of us and three I-130s and three separate fees it is just a little tough switching mindsets.

Our main issues are finding out if Pateros accepts the Affidavit of CLCCM and getting married before July 18 when AJ turns 18.  The rest will fall into place.  We need new police certs since the Embassy kept our old originals and we are still working through the other requirements.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Since you're not doing DCF, you won't need the police certs for 6-10 months.  I would concentrate on marriage and just put the rest out of your mind until after the I-130 is filed.  Concentrate on marriage, i-130s, then civil docs and affidavit of supports. 

As my college instructor said, inch by inch it's a cinch, yard by yard it's very hard.  Basically, baby steps. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Just now, NikLR said:

Since you're not doing DCF, you won't need the police certs for 6-10 months.  I would concentrate on marriage and just put the rest out of your mind until after the I-130 is filed.  Concentrate on marriage, i-130s, then civil docs and affidavit of supports. 

As my college instructor said, inch by inch it's a cinch, yard by yard it's very hard.  Basically, baby steps. :)

That is a great recommendation.  It is critical to get married before July 18 so that will be the focus.  We are trying to see if the affidavit is acceptable in Pateros.  If not we will find another place to get married.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Looking at the proof of bona fide marriage there are a bunch of hurdles.  I talked to my bank and I can not add Rose to my account without a SSN.  I talked to the landlord and I can't add Rose to the lease without a SSN and US background check.  

How do CR-1 filers prove the marriage is real if they do not live together and have no way of joint financials without getting a SSN which can't happen until after the visa is approved?  I'm sure I'm overthinking but I don't see anyway to produce the documents that are required...

OK, I will focus on getting married first then I will see about the rest...

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

They didn't say what the 221g was for, nothing checked. on the bottom where it says "other" its hand written "no action required at this time"

he (the CO) told her someone will call you in a couple of days. 

I haven't slept since, still awake .

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
9 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Looking at the proof of bona fide marriage there are a bunch of hurdles.  I talked to my bank and I can not add Rose to my account without a SSN.  I talked to the landlord and I can't add Rose to the lease without a SSN and US background check.  

How do CR-1 filers prove the marriage is real if they do not live together and have no way of joint financials without getting a SSN which can't happen until after the visa is approved?  I'm sure I'm overthinking but I don't see anyway to produce the documents that are required...

Breathe love, breathe. You have submerged yourself in the K1 for many many months. You need to slowly make the transition over to CR1 now. Read the VJ guide. Read the CR1 topics that are active. Make a list of things you need to do and in what order. And breathe for gods sake.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Nah, you will be fine after the marriage in the Philippines because the marriage certificate will prove with the wedding photos the most of all. My ex filipina wife never had SSN when I brought her to the States via CR1 in 2008 but divorced. Okay, I filed K1 back in 2006 to the first lady and got approved BUT she got pregnant from someone else so I REVOKED her visa lol. Now I'm with IR1 to my current wife the 3rd lady with my 2 boys via CRBA. With my experiences for K1, CR1 and now IR1 waiting at NVC to complete the case before it could be forward to US Embassy in Manila. By the way, I live here in the Philippines for 7 years on SS disability. I wanna go homeeee to WA! 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
52 minutes ago, NikLR said:

You missed out on the whole AOS which is majority of the paperwork and headache for a K1 though. ;)

AOS is mostly  about providing support evidence to USCIS, along with proof of marriage   You don't miss out on it with the IR/CR-1, you complete that process at NVC before moving onward to the embassy.   Plus there is a bit of duplication between NVC and USEM in regards to NBI and police clearances, etc.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-4-collect-financial-documents.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Nah, you will be fine after the marriage in the Philippines because the marriage certificate will prove with the wedding photos the most of all. My ex filipina wife never had SSN when I brought her to the States via CR1 in 2008 but divorced. Okay, I filed K1 back in 2006 to the first lady and got approved BUT she got pregnant from someone else so I REVOKED her visa lol. Now I'm with IR1 to my current wife the 3rd lady with my 2 boys via CRBA. With my experiences for K1, CR1 and now IR1 waiting at NVC to complete the case before it could be forward to US Embassy in Manila. By the way, I live here in the Philippines for 7 years on SS disability. I wanna go homeeee to WA! 

You have way more experience than I want to get!  I hope you make it to WA soon!

IMG_5168.jpeg

21 minutes ago, MandW said:

They didn't say what the 221g was for, nothing checked. on the bottom where it says "other" its hand written "no action required at this time"

he (the CO) told her someone will call you in a couple of days. 

I haven't slept since, still awake .

Believe me, I know the feeling.  I know it isn't easy but don't let the stress get you down.  Relax and have a plan B in the back of your head in case of a refusal.  There are options.  In our case they said everything was OK and took the passports.  I have heard of them calling and asking the beneficiary to bring back the passports and take another oath.  Don't worry about it now.  Relax and wait to see what the consulate says.

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Believe me, I know the feeling.  I know it isn't easy but don't let the stress get you down.  Relax and have a plan B in the back of your head in case of a refusal.  There are options.  In our case they said everything was OK and took the passports.  I have heard of them calling and asking the beneficiary to bring back the passports and take another oath.  Don't worry about it now.  Relax and wait to see what the consulate says.

Man, I'm praying for you! Wish you all the best! :thumbs:

2 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Man, I'm praying for you! Wish you all the best! :thumbs:

I wish you the very best.  I have two derivatives (I guess that is the wrong term for the CR-1).  Do you have any suggestions that may help make this a little more streamlined than just sending in 3 petitions?  It seems like you were able to make it through the gauntlet, so to speak.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
38 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

John-
Breathe. As many have echoed here, take it step by step. I trust that all will work out for you and Rose.
It can be overwhelming. 
It is understandable that if you do not live where you spouse lives, some of these "bona fide" things will not apply to you. You never had an opportunity to live with Rose first as husband and wife, so focus on what applies to you and don't over complicate things.
What I have seen many in your case do is the following:

Get your Marriage certificate, and some Affidavit of supports from those that witness the marriage. A joint Account (Abroad if possible, because as you see, not possible in US)
keep in mind the CR process is different from K-1. I believe You will have opportunities along the way to add additional support to your file.

5 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

John-
Breathe. As many have echoed here, take it step by step. I trust that all will work out for you and Rose.
It can be overwhelming. 
It is understandable that if you do not live where you spouse lives, some of these "bona fide" things will not apply to you. You never had an opportunity to live with Rose first as husband and wife, so focus on what applies to you and don't over complicate things.
What I have seen many in your case do is the following:

Get your Marriage certificate, and some Affidavit of supports from those that witness the marriage. A joint Account (Abroad if possible, because as you see, not possible in US)
keep in mind the CR process is different from K-1. I believe You will have opportunities along the way to add additional support to your file.

Thank you.  I am overwhelmed because of the deadline for AJ.  I will go out of my way to try to compile proof as we go.  I will be fine once we get the wedding arranged.

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I wish you the very best.  I have two derivatives (I guess that is the wrong term for the CR-1).  Do you have any suggestions that may help make this a little more streamlined than just sending in 3 petitions?  It seems like you were able to make it through the gauntlet, so to speak.

Please trust me with CR1 before AJ turns 18 soon this July. I have no experience with K1 because I REVOKED the approval visa. I was really comfortable with CR1 and brought my ex wife with no problem but the green card good for 2 years. With IR1 they will issue my wife 10 years instead of 2 because we been married more then 2 years. After done with my wife, I better hurry up file DCF for stepdaughter who is 19 now. We married when she was 16 so she is eligible for that. If she turns 21 then its too late.. Please kindly consider about CR1 if you could. I know 3 petitions of the fees way too much. Sorry with my grammar I'm not good with because I'm hearing impaired ( deaf ) but I can read & understand most of the process. The lawyer said I can't file another K1 for at least 2 years after I revoked so instead I got married in the Philippines for CR1.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.