John & Rose

Refused???

249 posts in this topic

Just now, FernandLevi said:

At this rate. We are day 119 on our 'adventure'. Best of wishes! 

We went 280 before NOA2!!!  I hope your journey is much faster than ours. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Will do that!!!  Rose and the kids might not like Chicago winter much!  Lol

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
24 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

It is what it is. I brought this on. I will get through it. Rose is at a beach in Batangas right now for her sister’s birthday. That is the main reason I am thinking CR-1. She has a big family and I love all of them. They love me back!  I don’t have much family here. Getting married with her family there would mean a lot to both of us. 

So it is a definite no go on your current K-1 at this point then. Well I know you will overcome anything. Keep us updated and future generations of VJers read your thread. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

6 minutes ago, Alabamak1 said:

So it is a definite no go on your current K-1 at this point then. Well I know you will overcome anything. Keep us updated and future generations of VJers read your thread. 

Yes, the first K-1 is dead. We have been denied. I have no doubt that we will end up together. We just need to relax and make a plan. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yes, the first K-1 is dead. We have been denied. I have no doubt that we will end up together. We just need to relax and make a plan. 

My heart broke reading your results. I am under AP because of a silly mistake i made myself also. I sent a a missing divorce certificate and we are hoping all goes well. They kept her passport and called her in for another finger printing and Oath Taking as soon as they received the document on April 20th.  However as we all know nothing is final until VOH. Although we don’t have kids I echo your sentiments about making a silly stupid error and I am terrified as we are going on on 9 months. We have become closer and stronger through these trials. My fiancé and I will do a CR1 or DCF as a back up 100%! God willing it doesn’t come to that but in hindsight I wish we went the CR1 route. Be strong and my best to you, Rose and the kids. I feel we go through these trials for God’s ultimate plan, while not an immediately comforting thought; nonetheless a trial and test of your love’s resolve. My fiancé keeps telling me we’re fine, be strong and not to get overly worried reading others experience here (God bless her soul for that) she is my family and life now! I pray for all the good people here on VJ to be united with loved ones soon as humanly possible.

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

1 minute ago, Mark_712 said:

My heart broke reading your results. I am under AP because of a silly mistake i made myself also. I sent a a missing divorce certificate and we are hoping all goes well. They kept her passport and called her in for another finger printing and Oath Taking as soon as they received the document on April 20th.  However as we all know nothing is final until VOH. Although we don’t have kids I echo your sentiments about making a silly stupid error and I am terrified as we are going on on 9 months. We have become closer and stronger through these trials. My fiancé and I will do a CR1 or DCF as a back up 100%! God willing it doesn’t come to that but in hindsight I wish we went the CR1 route. Be strong and my best to you, Rose and the kids. I feel we go through these trials for God’s ultimate plan, while not an immediately comforting thought; nonetheless a trial and test of your love’s resolve. My fiancé keeps telling me we’re fine, be strong and not to get overly worried reading others experience here (God bless her soul for that) she is my family and life now! I pray for all the good people here on VJ to be united with loved ones soon as humanly possible.

You are going to be fine. If they asked for more they are doing everything to make sure you are approved. Congratulations. I have spoken to my kids and they are up for a trip in July. I want to talk to AJ and Aira to see what they think. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

You are going to be fine. If they asked for more they are doing everything to make sure you are approved. Congratulations. I have spoken to my kids and they are up for a trip in July. I want to talk to AJ and Aira to see what they think. 

Thank you for your confidence I appreciate that in these vulnerable time of our lives during this journey. I will be there this year if need be too for three weeks to do plan two. Regardlesss with what ever course you choose I know you’ll have experience on your side (and Hank’s wisdom!) personally I am done with K1 - CR1 is my only way going forward. I am a Fil-Am and regarding your culture question earlier, Yes that’s between you and Rose, but as Philippine born American growing up in the states, yes marriage is the ultimate “I love you” show of commitment not just to Rose but to the family. I wish I had gone that route oh well. 

August 1, 2017 - mailed K1 Application 

August 4 - Receievd TSC - NOA1

August 8 - Transfered to CSC

February 10 - NOA 2

March 1st - MCN# In Transit

March 2nd - AT NVC CEAC

March 12 - Completed D160

March 22 - Ready CEAC

March 27 - SLEC - Medical

March 28 received medical results 

April 2 - CFO Completed 

April 5 - Embassy Interview (Results 221G 😭)

April 20 - Submitted RFE requirements (221G)

April 23 - Docs Recieved at NVC Via 2go

April 24 - email received from Embassy to complete Oath 

April 25 - Oath and Fingerprints - No appointment needed

April 25 CEAC Status update AP

May 3rd - CEAC Status Update Still AP

May 8 - CEAC Staus  Changed to Non Immigrant Status

May 9 - CEAC Status - ISSUED! ❤️👏😂😅

May 12 - VOH - Blessed be to God in the Highest!! 🙏😭

May 30 - POE ✈️

May 31st - Confirmed I94 and applied for SSN

June 4 - Married 🎉🙏🎂💑🍾👰🏻🤵🏻

June 5 - Received SSN! - Took only three business days 👏

July 12 - AOS EAD AP

Juy 21 - NOA1 

Aug 7 - Biometrics 

Aug 14 - Case Ready To Be Scheduled For Interview 

Sept 4 - Interview Was Scheduled 

1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

How old are your fiancee's children?  I think the age limit is different for K1 and CR1 children.

15 and 17 now. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

11 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Will do that!!!  Rose and the kids might not like Chicago winter much!  Lol

You ever thought about just moving to Philippines instead?  Are you at that point in your life where you could move there, instead of bringing them to the USA?

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, GP1977 said:

JOhn I wish you the best and I can only imagine the stress you are under.  I know the two of you will work it out.  You made an honest mistake and it could happen to anyone.  

I honestly think the CR1 has less hurdles.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they dont ask about the criminal record of the petitioner.  They of course do a background check but aren't interested in disclosing to foreign beneficiaries the criminal history of the petitioner as they two individuals  are already married.  Adam walsh crimes would be a huge preclusion but minor misdeamnor charges are not a problem.  In fact, I dont think they even ask for your arrest/criminal conviction history in the CR1.

That being said they should have a limit as to how far back you have to disclose. Someone who gets arrested for a minor misdemeanor from 10, 20 or 30 years ago shouldn't have to disclose.   Major felonies, or crimes which resulted in incarceration, maybe.  I get the point of Adam Walsh act and that should always apply, but its gone too far, especially in your case John.

You are correct on that.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

You ever thought about just moving to Philippines instead?  Are you at that point in your life where you could move there, instead of bringing them to the USA?

I am more concerned about the kids. They are 15 and 17 and will have more opportunities in the states. Rose owns a home and we will eventually move but I want the kids to have a good chance at a great life. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

I am so confused now. I “think” I can file I-130s for Rose and the kids but AJ turns 18 on July 18 so Rose and I need to get married before that so I can establish the step parent relationship with AJ.

So three I-130s and fees each and we get married before AJ turns 18 and we “should” be OK. 

Is this correct?

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.