9 posts in this topic

Hello, Need some tips and help from everyone on this website. I really just want tips or helpful things you can provide. I didn't marry because it takes longer and it's quicker this way. I don't have a birth certificate either so another problem (don't ask please i just don't) 

So I visited this girl I've been talking too alot that i met on Instagram (talking since Dec of 17). She is Moroccan (4 year age gap, We are in our twenties ) and i'm Iraqi, I visited her in March for more then 10 days . When I got there we spent every single day with each other, and after 4 days I met the Family and we got engaged the Moroccan tradition way. Anyways i'll leave the romantic things to the side for now, I just want her to come live with me here in the US!!!! 

I came back to the USA, Filed and sent the  Form I-129F with copies of my passport,pics together with her family and both of our rings together. Included plane tickets, copies of her Moroccan ID(back and front), My hotel info, copies of receipts for my payment to sign her up for English classes to get better (already ok but i want her to work here so better to learn more), copy of my citizenship and state ID, A letter from me that we will be marrying on day 1 or 2 once she's in the USA. 

I received in the mail the action of notice paper confirming her name is spelled correctly. That's it so far but i just filed it so very soon for anything to come in the mail i think.

What are the next steps?

Can someone explain their process to me?

I know morocco declines alot of K1 Visas?? Why??

Why would any kind hearted man or women refuse us a VISA??

Just to clarify...you are a USC, right? Because you said you are Iraqi and she is Moroccan. If you're a dual national, then your Iraqi citizenship is irrelevant to the process.

43 minutes ago, MoroccanLover40 said:

A letter from me that we will be marrying on day 1 or 2 once she's in the USA. 

Did she sign a letter stating that she intends to marry you as well? Each individual should have a signed letter of intent to marry or else they may issue an RFE.

44 minutes ago, MoroccanLover40 said:

What are the next steps?

Can someone explain their process to me?

I know morocco declines alot of K1 Visas?? Why??

Why would any kind hearted man or women refuse us a VISA??

1. Steps:
    1. Wait ~6-8 months for I-129F processing to get the approval (NOA2).
    2. Beneficiary gathers necessary documents such as birth certificate, translations, police certificates, etc.
    3. Once the case goes through NVC and is at the embassy, they will send a packet 3 with items to send before they will  schedule the interview.
    4. A medical exam is required before the interview, as well as filling out a DS-160 and paying the $265 MRV fee. The exact order and procedure for doing this varies by embassy/consulate.
  2. See above
  3. Morocco is generally considered a very high fraud country for visas. Unfortunately, there have been many others before your fiancee that have tried to abuse the system, so now they are very strict before issuing any a visa.
  4. They are looking for fraudulent couples. Not everybody is nice...there's many, many cases here on VJ where a beneficiary pulled the wool over the petitioner's eyes just to get a green card. They are also looking for inadmissibilities: misrepresentation, certain criminal histories, terrorism connections, medical/public health concerns, public charge concerns, etc.
    1. Not everybody is kind hearted. This is a job and they are bound to issue or refuse visas based on the law. They have an obligation to perform that duty.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Just to clarify...you are a USC, right? Because you said you are Iraqi and she is Moroccan. If you're a dual national, then your Iraqi citizenship is irrelevant to the process.

Did she sign a letter stating that she intends to marry you as well? Each individual should have a signed letter of intent to marry or else they may issue an RFE.

1. Steps:
    1. Wait ~6-8 months for I-129F processing to get the approval (NOA2).
    2. Beneficiary gathers necessary documents such as birth certificate, translations, police certificates, etc.
    3. Once the case goes through NVC and is at the embassy, they will send a packet 3 with items to send before they will  schedule the interview.
    4. A medical exam is required before the interview, as well as filling out a DS-160 and paying the $265 MRV fee. The exact order and procedure for doing this varies by embassy/consulate.
  2. See above
  3. Morocco is generally considered a very high fraud country for visas. Unfortunately, there have been many others before your fiancee that have tried to abuse the system, so now they are very strict before issuing any a visa.
  4. They are looking for fraudulent couples. Not everybody is nice...there's many, many cases here on VJ where a beneficiary pulled the wool over the petitioner's eyes just to get a green card. They are also looking for inadmissibilities: misrepresentation, certain criminal histories, terrorism connections, medical/public health concerns, public charge concerns, etc.
    1. Not everybody is kind hearted. This is a job and they are bound to issue or refuse visas based on the law. They have an obligation to perform that duty.

NO SHE DIDNT SIGN THE PAPER. What to do now? Is this required you think ? They see pictures of us together holding hands with our rings and pics with her family and stuff.

1. Dual citizenship, US Citizen

My whole thing is this, can I just get a answer now from someone instead of waiting 6 months to a year for a big fat NO because they think we're lying. The only reason I'm in us now is because of my job and I need money to survive. I would rather be with her in Morocco until the papers are finished.

Is there another form I can fill out so she can visit or bring her here ??? K1 doesn't look promising and very few people get approved by the way it sounds of it. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
27 minutes ago, MoroccanLover40 said:

NO SHE DIDNT SIGN THE PAPER. What to do now? Is this required you think ? They see pictures of us together holding hands with our rings and pics with her family and stuff.

My whole thing is this, can I just get a answer now from someone instead of waiting 6 months to a year for a big fat NO because they think we're lying. The only reason I'm in us now is because of my job and I need money to survive. I would rather be with her in Morocco until the papers are finished.

Is there another form I can fill out so she can visit or bring her here ??? K1 doesn't look promising and very few people get approved by the way it sounds of it. 

If they send you a request for evidence for her letter, you will send it then.  There are literally thousands of people in front of you waiting for approval, it takes time. You will also need to show you can support her, and meet income and tax requirements. Morocco is not easy to get through, and seems to be worse if you have a co-sponsor. 

Morocco approves only a couple k1s a month, so just work on making your case as strong as possible for when the time comes. 

57 minutes ago, MoroccanLover40 said:

You wait. Maybe they issue an RFE, maybe they don't. People certainly have been issued an RFE for this, but not everybody is. The pictures won't impact the underlying requirement to show that you intend to marry within 90 days of entry on the K-1. Either way, the only thing to do now is wait and see. It'll be a while before you hear anything back either way.

It'll take ~6-8 months to hear back (on average) regardless of an approval, RFE, or denial. They have to go through the cases in front of yours first.

USCIS won't deny you for anything with the relationship for an I-129F. They only adjudicate the I-129F, which ensures some basic requirements are met (free to marry, met at least once within the past 2 years, IMBRA compliance, etc.). it's the embassy/consulate that will decide on the relationship validity.

You can live abroad while waiting for the process. You will need to show 1) US domicile / intent before the visa can be issued, and 2) sufficient eligible income/assets (or a co sponsor) to support your fiancee via the I-134 presented at the embassy stage.

No other form you fill out can bring her to the US. She is free to apply to for a different visa, which she can obtain if she qualifies for it. However, those visas require returning home, and most do not permit entering with the intent to stay (along with the other visa requirements, obviously).

She can apply for a tourist visa to visit, but she has to qualify for it entirely on her own (there's no sponsorship for a tourist visa). With a USC fiance, it is pretty difficult (but not impossible) to get one. She would need to return back home without overstaying, and to complete the K-1 processing abroad.

Morocco is difficult to get a visa from, but that will be true for most visas anyway. If you have a legitimate relationship and can show sufficient evidence of it, then I suggest focusing on that. A strong case is the best way forward.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Thank you so much for your answers! 

So we wait now hence this is the only thing we can do. I will feel so helpless and will be even more mad if we wait all these months for nothing. Like our lives is based off of one person's opinion. I just don't think that's fair. 

What if i accompany her on the interview ? Make a difference or allowed? 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanLover40 said:

So we wait now hence this is the only thing we can do. I will feel so helpless and will be even more mad if we wait all these months for nothing. Like our lives is based off of one person's opinion. I just don't think that's fair. 

What if i accompany her on the interview ? Make a difference or allowed?

It is more than just one person's opinion as a refusal does go through a review, but I get what you mean. Immigration just isn't fair.

For a K-1 visa, being there is suggested. I don't know if Morocco allows you to be at the actual interview or not (some embassies allow this and others don't), but you can hand your passport to them to present as proof that you are in the country waiting for them as a backup.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

The guy or lady that interviews my fiance, sounds like he has a very good say in what happens after. I could not think of any reason they would decline our visa request but all in god's hand's.

I will have to look into that, If i can be there with her that would be best. There is no way she can be faking this, all thoughts of that left my mind when i met the parents. 

Looking into a tourist visa for her to visit in the meantime. 

We've only met once but i was with her for at least 20 days or so 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.