gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

i was wondering myself if it is the full approval. i would think they would have put a letter in it saying this can be revolked if ur fbi checks come back bad but the didnt some i hoping its the real thing.

congratulations everyone.

That announcement *just* came out. Highly doubtful there is even a workflow in place for it, however one could speculate in preparation for such changes, they are trying to clear old files.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That announcement *just* came out. Highly doubtful there is even a workflow in place for it, however one could speculate in preparation for such changes, they are trying to clear old files.

Oh, I hope it's not gonna take them another year just to start thinking about the ways to implement the change <_< . God, I start to itch when I think about actually having this green card in my hands after all these years :blink: !!! Seems so surreal, but I'd better not get too excited, you never know with this government :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

WELL I GUESS THEN THE FACT THAT I NEVER SAW IT - WOULD ATTEST TO MY TRYING TO INSURE EVERYONE ELSE DOES!

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN RESPOND ???? DOES IT EVEN EFFECT YOU?????

You must NOT have ever known what it's like to be in the dark and not have a clue when or what will be happening within your marriage.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, I had my AOS interview on 8/23/07 and the officer told me that my I-130 was approved. and then I noticed the case status on USCIS changed on 01/27/08 as following:

Current Status: Case approval certified and sent for review.

On August 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appropriate appellate body for review. They will notify you directly when they make a final decision. If you move before then, please call customer service and also follow any instructions on the notice. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

my question is that is my case approved or still under somebody's review? thanks.

AOS/EAD Timeline:

04/28/07 - send I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 to USCIS

04/30/07 - delievered to POBox 805887, Chicago, IL 60680-4120

05/05/07 - NOA1 date for all

05/11/07 - Bio appointment notice date

05/14/07 - NOA2, bio appointment at 5/31/07

05/15/07 - 4 NOA1 for I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131.

05/21/07 - touch all

05/31/07 - Bio appointment done/ I-485, I-765 touched

06/03/07 - I485, I-765 touched.

07/06/07 - interview date on 8/23/07 (no touch)

07/11/07 - AP approved(no touch)

07/16/07 - got AP in mail

07/18/07 - EAD approved

07/19/07 - I-765 touched

07/22/07 - got EAD in mail

08/23/07 - interview(security check still in process, didn't get any stamp on my passport)

08/24/07 - I-130 approved.

Hi, I had my AOS interview on 8/23/07 and the officer told me that my I-130 was approved. and then I noticed the case status on USCIS changed on 01/27/08 as following:

Current Status: Case approval certified and sent for review.

On August 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we certified our approval of this case and sent it to the appropriate appellate body for review. They will notify you directly when they make a final decision. If you move before then, please call customer service and also follow any instructions on the notice. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

my question is that is my case approved or still under somebody's review? thanks.

Wow, that's interesting. I'm not sure I've seen that before. But "certified our approval" could only be good!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

WELL I GUESS THEN THE FACT THAT I NEVER SAW IT - WOULD ATTEST TO MY TRYING TO INSURE EVERYONE ELSE DOES!

You must NOT have ever known what it's like to be in the dark and not have a clue when or what will be happening within your marriage.

Have you bothered to look at my timeline? My spouse & I have been through this twice (overseas, and now stateside) so yeah, I do know a little about it. :)

Edited by LaL

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Of all the people on VJ, LaL is one of a few people who have had to wait a ridiculously long time for the FBI name check to come back. In fact, LaL has had to do this TWICE now, once at K-1 stage and now (still) during the AOS stage.

In her post she was merely letting you know that this information had been posted before, it was hardly basis for you to attack her in such a rude fashion. A little bit of respect and courtesy wouldn't go amiss here, I think.

Thank you.

I do want to add that the likelihood that this extends to visa application delays is probably not going to happen (which may be what AskimZeki is hoping for). This one article deals exclusively with adjustment of status to permanent residence (does not even extend to citizenship for reasons stated in the article).

Edited by LaL

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Of all the people on VJ, LaL is one of a few people who have had to wait a ridiculously long time for the FBI name check to come back. In fact, LaL has had to do this TWICE now, once at K-1 stage and now (still) during the AOS stage.

In her post she was merely letting you know that this information had been posted before, it was hardly basis for you to attack her in such a rude fashion. A little bit of respect and courtesy wouldn't go amiss here, I think.

Thank you.

I second that. There was no need/reason for that person to get on her high horse. :angry:

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Thank you.

I second that. There was no need/reason for that person to get on her high horse. :angry:

LaL, has been in namecheck longer than most in this thread and i respect anyone that has the patience to wait over 2yrs for a background check to clear and until a person has been there! And this i do know my wife has been there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2yrs 4mths before cleared

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

does AOS even effect u? ur still in k-1.

the people in this room are fully aware of what its like to be in the dark for many years...dont u read the posts?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

From reading the memo, it seems that if you are still pending name check you could now go into your local office and get a I-551 temporary green card stamp. What do you guys think ?

This is the quote I was thinking of:

"Where the application is otherwise approvable and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the I-485 and proceed with card issuance."

I ask since who knows how long it will take to clear their present backlog of pending name check cases and if you need to travel then it will eliminate the need to apply for advanced parole.

From reading the memo, it seems that if you are still pending name check you could now go into your local office and get a I-551 temporary green card stamp. What do you guys think ?

This is the quote I was thinking of:

"Where the application is otherwise approvable and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the I-485 and proceed with card issuance."

I ask since who knows how long it will take to clear their present backlog of pending name check cases and if you need to travel then it will eliminate the need to apply for advanced parole.

Interesting thought CKS. Wouldn't that we a relief to all of us continually renewing our interim benefits :). I do wonder what the actual workflow will be.

I also wanted to give a BIG shoutout to American Families United for pushing this through! Grassroots works!

Edited by LaL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.