AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
just checked the uscis site. we got a touch yesterday. wonder what they did to the case. the message we got was still the same but just the date changed.

Happend to me, even they change my status Look .

December /27/2007:- On December 27/2007 "Card Production Ordered"

January /3/2008:- "Status Changed" On January 3/2008 "Card Production Ordered"

so i called them to see why this happend, so the lady said Yes that means ur Green Card become physically now, so 8 days later i got my GC :D .. that mean ur husbans's Card on da wayyyy :dance:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Hey guys...

I never post in this thread but It looks kind of funny that I get my Welcome notice after 2 year like u guys... I had to do Biometrics two weeks ago so i guess this is all related!!!!

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. On February 4, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hey friends....are all of you getting the appt for the full "10 fingers" biometrics and then receiving good news? My husband just had his fingerprinting for the EAD but our I-130 is getting updated (it has for the past 3 weeks been changed every sunday). USCIS says the website is being updated so this is fluke.

Btw, dumb question, is the EAD fingerprinting only of one finger?

i hope that we also receive good news along with everyone else!

congrats to the recent spate of approvals!

I-485 , I-765, I-130: NOA1 : 1/23/2006

Biometrics 2/23/2006

Temporary EAD given for 1 month ONLY b/c of Infopass appt: 5/1/2006

Went back to renew EAD through Infopass: EAD card was not given "due to reasons we can't disclose"

5/3/2007: Confirmation that EAD is delayed due to background checks. (started to use the senator, ombudsman and was just a royal pain in the neck)

5/30/2007: EAD production ordered (after over 400 days of waiting!!! woo hoo!)

AOS Interview: 5/12/2008!!! FINALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/29/2008: card production ordered...918 days..can't wait to see that card!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

hubby had 1 finger for ead and all 10 for greencard.

congratulation cameleon..we got the same email. looks like alot of us will be filing for citizenship at the same time.

Thanks for the info. AOS despair. My husband will call the 1800 number tomorrow, lets see if they offer some bit of info. we don't know (I doubt it though).

What do you guys think causes some names to be stuck longer in namechecks? Do you guys think its having a common name or maybe a longer name?? Now I'm starting to worry a bit because on my husbands AOS paperwork, we put his first name, middle name, and both last names (he's from Mexico and its quite common to use both the fathers and mothers last names). When we filled out the paperwork, I was under the impression that we had to use his complete and true name, but maybe we should have only used his fathers last name, darn. Not too mention that my husband has just about THE most common name in Mexico for a male. (Why is there so many Juan's???)

I wouldn't care too much about receiving the greencard right now, but it's just that we are planning our religious wedding in August this year and we are getting married in Mexico, where me met 9 years ago (aw how cute :) ). I don't even want to think about possibly needing to renew the AP and EAD stuff again.

Sorry guys I needed to vent somewhere. I complained in the June thread will all my fellow AOS filers, but then thought this thread is better since you guys understand me better. You all know what it feels like to be stuck in namechecks!

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Thanks for the info. AOS despair. My husband will call the 1800 number tomorrow, lets see if they offer some bit of info. we don't know (I doubt it though).

What do you guys think causes some names to be stuck longer in namechecks? Do you guys think its having a common name or maybe a longer name?? Now I'm starting to worry a bit because on my husbands AOS paperwork, we put his first name, middle name, and both last names (he's from Mexico and its quite common to use both the fathers and mothers last names). When we filled out the paperwork, I was under the impression that we had to use his complete and true name, but maybe we should have only used his fathers last name, darn. Not too mention that my husband has just about THE most common name in Mexico for a male. (Why is there so many Juan's???)

I wouldn't care too much about receiving the greencard right now, but it's just that we are planning our religious wedding in August this year and we are getting married in Mexico, where me met 9 years ago (aw how cute :) ). I don't even want to think about possibly needing to renew the AP and EAD stuff again.

Sorry guys I needed to vent somewhere. I complained in the June thread will all my fellow AOS filers, but then thought this thread is better since you guys understand me better. You all know what it feels like to be stuck in namechecks!

I am rooting for you!!!! Lots of happy thoughts! :yes:

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Hi guys,

Do we receive a new status email when the card is mailed to us? I received "Card production email", then "welcome notice" two weeks ago. The status hasn't changed afterwards and I am wondering if I need to wait for "welcome permanent resident" email before I have the greencard in hand. A

I would really appreciate an answer from those of you who recently got cleared and maybe received the greencard.

thanks

PS: CONGRATS DONNA!

Hi tierdmonica,

We received two "card production ordered" emails six days apart, followed by an "approval notice sent" email a few days later. It was only about 6 days after the last email that my husband received his card.

Thanks guys. I received the card today! couldn't believe my eyes!

I tripled checked everything from spelling, dates, .... but all seemed to be correct. Other than having the ugliest mugshot on the card, I have no complaints:)

can't believe I am not waiting anymore, after 3.5 years I will be missing the miserable feeling!!!!

Good luck to all of you.

Howdy!

I really don't know why some people are stuck for years, others not at all. It's one of the great mysteries of this process. I'm sure that a common name is a factor (my husband has a common English name), but other things factor in too, like birthdate and probably some other stuff. But because FBI files are all over the place, literally, I imagine that some of it has to do with where the actual files are that have to be checked before the person's name can clear. And workloads. I wish I knew! It's nuts.

Renewing interim benefits is really what's pissing me off more than anything. It's needless, yet there's nothing we can do about it if Jon wants to continue to work and travel. One good thing, though, is that they're being processed pretty quickly now. Jon's second AP was issued within a few weeks, and his third EAD only took five weeks. That was a great improvement over the previous year. Of course, they're now twice as expensive.

I hope you're not stuck too long, but we're here for you in the namecheck thread! You don't have to read about someone who applied three months ago freaking out. :P

Hi guys,

Do we receive a new status email when the card is mailed to us? I received "Card production email", then "welcome notice" two weeks ago. The status hasn't changed afterwards and I am wondering if I need to wait for "welcome permanent resident" email before I have the greencard in hand. A

I would really appreciate an answer from those of you who recently got cleared and maybe received the greencard.

thanks

PS: CONGRATS DONNA!

Hi tierdmonica,

We received two "card production ordered" emails six days apart, followed by an "approval notice sent" email a few days later. It was only about 6 days after the last email that my husband received his card.

Thanks guys. I received the card today! couldn't believe my eyes!

I tripled checked everything from spelling, dates, .... but all seemed to be correct. Other than having the ugliest mugshot on the card, I have no complaints:)

can't believe I am not waiting anymore, after 3.5 years I will be missing the miserable feeling!!!!

Good luck to all of you.

Yay! Congratulations!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline
Hey guys...

I never post in this thread but It looks kind of funny that I get my Welcome notice after 2 year like u guys... I had to do Biometrics two weeks ago so i guess this is all related!!!!

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident. On February 4, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Yooo Hooo

Congrats :dance:

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

Game Over.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i still havent got anything in the regular mail like they said i was sent on the 1st but i know its only 5 days later.

anyway. so when can he start filing for citizenship? is it 3 or 6 months before this 3rd year?

it this when we are supose to also keep track of all the time spent outside the united states or should i have already been keeping track?

Timeline
i still havent got anything in the regular mail like they said i was sent on the 1st but i know its only 5 days later.

anyway. so when can he start filing for citizenship? is it 3 or 6 months before this 3rd year?

it this when we are supose to also keep track of all the time spent outside the united states or should i have already been keeping track?

when ur husband receive his GC, he will receive a lil booklet inside the envelope it says there when he can apply for his citizenship. it says 5 Years. after he get his GC, but in curtain cases he can apply earlier!!! if i am not mistaken !! but the thing i am not sure about it, do you think they will Add this years the years he spend them here in the usa !!! or they will start counting the day he become a perminant resident, i dont know !!!! but i heard the perminant resident day!!

Game Over.

Donna - its 3 years from greencard approval :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.