gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

Congrats Donna for greencard approval.

I try not to check this thread too often, because it seems to get my hopes down when I read about all of those who have been waiting for their namechecks to clear, two years is just too much!

Anyway, I am also part of the club that's waiting for namecheck to clear (well, I'm actually waiting for my husband's namecheck to clear). WHen we went to our appointment back in October, the IO gave us a letter that states: Please inquire after 90 days via INFOPASS if you do not receive a response by the time indicated. The IO also checked off the Background Security Check box. Since, 90 days have passed, we can now go ask about the status via INFOPASS. But, since my husband has only been working at his job for about 3 months, he doesn't want to ask for any days off yet. So I was wondering if there was an 800 number he may call to ask about the status of his case. I know they will probably just say that we need to continue waiting for the namecheck to clear, etc. Anyone tried calling an 800 number??? What number did you call?

We have been waiting very little, compared to a lot of you who have been waiting years. I really hope we all get our names cleared and we receive our greencards soon!

* * * * * * * * * K-1 VISA * * * * * * * * * * * *

06/21/06: Submitted I-129F to the CSC

10/18/06: NOA2 DATE

01/29/07: MEDICAL IN CDJ

01/30/07: INTERVIEW in CDJ **My fiance receives his visa**

03/31/07-04/08/07: I leave to Mexico and bring back my fiance

04/08/07: U.S. ENTRY at LAX

04/23/07: Married in Vegas

* * * * * * * *AOS, AP, & EAD * * * * * * * * * *

05/24/07: Submitted AOS, AP, EAD

06/01/07: NOA1 for AOS & EAD, NOA1 for AP missing, but they received forms

06/06/07: TOUCHED (AOS, AP, EAD)

06/23/07: RFE for I-864 paperwork

07/03/07: Biometrics for AOS & EAD

07/03/07: TOUCHED (EAD)

07/07/07: Submitted response to RFE

07/18/07: TOUCHED (AOS) They received RFE response

08/08/07: AP APPROVED

08/10/07: EAD APPROVED

10/17/07: AOS interview in Los Angeles -- APPROVED, pending name check :(

02/08/08: Name check has cleared, Notice welcoming new resident is mailed out

02/12/08: Card Production ordered, woohoo

02/15/08: Notice welcoming new resident is received

02/21/08: GREEN CARD IN HAND

08/23/08: After 7 years together . . . Religious wedding ceremony and HUGE PARTY in Jalisco, Mexico (we deserve it)

08/24-08/30: Spend our honeymoon in Acapulco, Mexico

Link to video clip of our wedding: http://www.youtube.com/user/dstradaproducc...f/1/wHiId9HZVRc

Nov. 2009: File to Remove Conditions

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hi guys,

Do we receive a new status email when the card is mailed to us? I received "Card production email", then "welcome notice" two weeks ago. The status hasn't changed afterwards and I am wondering if I need to wait for "welcome permanent resident" email before I have the greencard in hand.

I would really appreciate an answer from those of you who recently got cleared and maybe received the greencard.

thanks

PS: CONGRATS DONNA!

Thanks Donna and Sand for your reply...

I know that there are a lot of people out there waiting for their GC. I cannot believe that it is taking over two years for the FBI name check.

I am not desperate to get it but it is just something to get out of the way and move on in my life. Also I do not want keep renewing my EAD forever!

it seams alot of the older cases are now being approved so maybe urs is close. even i am in a group in yahoo and there seams to be alot of older ones there also getting the second set of prints taken and then approval shortly after.

Hi, i dint get Welcome letter has been sent, i meant Online. but i got Card production Ordered. . and then i received my welcome letter after that i received my GC 1 day after the welcome letter recieved.

Check my Signature.

Good Luck.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Hi guys,

Do we receive a new status email when the card is mailed to us? I received "Card production email", then "welcome notice" two weeks ago. The status hasn't changed afterwards and I am wondering if I need to wait for "welcome permanent resident" email before I have the greencard in hand. A

I would really appreciate an answer from those of you who recently got cleared and maybe received the greencard.

thanks

PS: CONGRATS DONNA!

Hi tierdmonica,

We received two "card production ordered" emails six days apart, followed by an "approval notice sent" email a few days later. It was only about 6 days after the last email that my husband received his card.

2 years and 13 days from NOA to card in hand!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

the only letter we have recieved is the one i posted on #2351 so far. is this generally the first one and then the card ordered is next? laura said the adit processing is the biometrics and im hoping they got them so we dont have to go back again for them. we were not scheduled to get them until the jan 15th but got them done the 10th with the ead ones. really i hope we dont have to go back again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

ucla_cutie26 ,

You can check the status either online at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp or by calling USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375–5283

I got this number when I checked the status of my case online. At the bottom of the page it says the following "If you have a question about case status information provided via this site, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed, please contact the USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375 – 5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY)."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good news they did allow my husband to get his fingerprints done even though we missed the appointment by a week due to incorrect address. They changed his address in front of him so hopefully it sticks this time, we will see. Hoping for a green card soon!!!!

Timeline
2 weeks passed ( had interview on 22nd January) , make infopass appointment or wait? :help: , no update in USCIS website :crying::angry:

Hi Pkash2006, i dont know exactly what happen with you. but would u explain to me more how's ur interview went! did the interviewer say that your name not cleared yet by the FBI or ur name still pending for background name check !!!

Thank You.

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

Game Over.

Timeline
Good news they did allow my husband to get his fingerprints done even though we missed the appointment by a week due to incorrect address. They changed his address in front of him so hopefully it sticks this time, we will see. Hoping for a green card soon!!!!

Good Luck :thumbs:

Game Over.

hi everyone,

Congrats Donna for greencard approval.

I try not to check this thread too often, because it seems to get my hopes down when I read about all of those who have been waiting for their namechecks to clear, two years is just too much!

Anyway, I am also part of the club that's waiting for namecheck to clear (well, I'm actually waiting for my husband's namecheck to clear). WHen we went to our appointment back in October, the IO gave us a letter that states: Please inquire after 90 days via INFOPASS if you do not receive a response by the time indicated. The IO also checked off the Background Security Check box. Since, 90 days have passed, we can now go ask about the status via INFOPASS. But, since my husband has only been working at his job for about 3 months, he doesn't want to ask for any days off yet. So I was wondering if there was an 800 number he may call to ask about the status of his case. I know they will probably just say that we need to continue waiting for the namecheck to clear, etc. Anyone tried calling an 800 number??? What number did you call?

We have been waiting very little, compared to a lot of you who have been waiting years. I really hope we all get our names cleared and we receive our greencards soon!

You can ask about the status any time you'd like, but for most of us, Infopass appointments have been a waste of time. I'm not sure why you were told that you can come check on the status in 90 days (that is, I don't know what the significance of 90 days is) if you know that the holdup is name check.

People have had varying degrees of success with the 800 number. Typically, the initial person you talk to can't give you any more information than you can get checking the case status online. However, if you insist on speaking to an immigration officer, you may get a little more information. For example, an IO could tell you if your name check is still pending, whereas the initial person you speak to likely will only tell you that your case is still pending (as if you didn't know that!).

This is just my opinion based on our experience and what people have posted here, but I don't think it would be worth it for your husband to take time off work and go through the Infopass hassle only to be told what he already knows.

I hope you're not stuck in this mire for too long! Try not to be too discouraged by those of us who have been stuck for a long time. We really are the minority, and we tend to post frequently because we're still waiting! If you scroll through this thread, you'll see that most people's name checks clear well before two years.

~Julie

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

the only letter we have recieved is the one i posted on #2351 so far. is this generally the first one and then the card ordered is next? laura said the adit processing is the biometrics and im hoping they got them so we dont have to go back again for them. we were not scheduled to get them until the jan 15th but got them done the 10th with the ead ones. really i hope we dont have to go back again.

I believe we reiceived 3 letters: I-130 approval, I-485 approval, and the "welcome" letter, all which arrived on the same day. The card arrived 5 days after we received the "approval notice sent" email.

2 years and 13 days from NOA to card in hand!

:dance::dance::dance:

Another drum roll please...................................

Received an email today saying those three wonderful words........................CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our first touch since June 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think I will believe it until I have that wonderful card in our hands!!!!We just renewed our AP in December maybe that jilted something....whose to say!

It closing in our our three year anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received an email today saying those three wonderful words........................CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think I will believe it until I have that wonderful card in our hands!!!!We just renewed our AP in December maybe that jilted something....whose to say!

Yay! Congratulations!!!

istockphoto_3376501_celebration_toast_with_champagne.jpg

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

Wow Congrts :dance:

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.