gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Well my stay here has been short lived. I just received my card production email! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Add me to the list please if there is a list

I had my interview on January 16! Here is my review http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=104941 I am finally putting that experience behind me and is now ready to wait it out and see what happens to my case. My I-94 was removed. I was not told whether we were approved or not. Just that I have to pass the final security check and a decision will come in the mail! :unsure:

Sent out packet 2007-07-30

NOA Date : 2007-09-04

RFE(s) : 2007-09-18

Bio. Appt. : 2007-09-12

Marriage : 2007-03-23

I-130 Sent : 2007-07-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-09-04

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : New York City NY

Interview Date : 2008-01-16

EAD

Date Filed : 2007-07-23

NOA Date : 2007-09-04

Bio. Appt. : 2007-09-12

Approved Date : 2007-10-24

Date Card Received : 2007-11-02

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

:dance: Congrats everyone who got their cards :dance:

Today I got something as well but don't want to get too excited; we received a notice from the Vermont office (not our local office) about fingerprinting for the 485- code one was on it. I know our fingerprints expired months ago since they were first done in June of 2005. Are they just cleaning up or can I get hopeful of more things to come.

We just applied for a AP, could that of triggered something??? oh yeah, they gave us an appt for next week, less than a weeks notice!! of course we're going but isnt that ironic of how things are handled???????????

good luck to all!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
:dance: Congrats everyone who got their cards :dance:

Today I got something as well but don't want to get too excited; we received a notice from the Vermont office (not our local office) about fingerprinting for the 485- code one was on it. I know our fingerprints expired months ago since they were first done in June of 2005. Are they just cleaning up or can I get hopeful of more things to come.

We just applied for a AP, could that of triggered something??? oh yeah, they gave us an appt for next week, less than a weeks notice!! of course we're going but isnt that ironic of how things are handled???????????

good luck to all!!

My wifes was also a code 1 . Thats all ten fingerprints, make sure they take all ten. My wife got the same letter from NBC in early Nov and now has her Greencard and she had been waiting since Oct 2005. They messed her card up and we have a infopass appointment soon they should of gave her a 10 yr card instead of 2yrs since we have been married since Aug05 and they didnt approve her till early Jan08. I hope the best for you but i would check with them in 2 months after they have done the prints you might be surprised.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
well we have been waiting 2 weeks now since the second set of prints. havent heard anything or any touches. i wish they would hurry.

Hey Donna i would give it a couple of months! My wifes was around 2months i know its hard waiting becuz weve been there! Let your husband know i hope there is light at the end of the tunnel. Its crazy when they dont tell us anything and after all the waiting and being in the dark and they still messed my wifes card up and gave her a 2 yr card instead of 10 because we were married for 2yr 4mths when they approved. Now we have to fix that mistake

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

i had my AOS interview on 22nd in texas, the immigration officer said " conditional permanent residency is approved except that they did not receive the FBI background chk yet".................

i had my AOS interview on 22nd in texas, the immigration officer said " conditional permanent residency is approved except that they did not receive the FBI background chk yet".................

Welcome to our club! I hope your stay isn't long.

2 years and 13 days from NOA to card in hand!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
well we have been waiting 2 weeks now since the second set of prints. havent heard anything or any touches. i wish they would hurry.

Hey Donna i would give it a couple of months! My wifes was around 2months i know its hard waiting becuz weve been there! Let your husband know i hope there is light at the end of the tunnel. Its crazy when they dont tell us anything and after all the waiting and being in the dark and they still messed my wifes card up and gave her a 2 yr card instead of 10 because we were married for 2yr 4mths when they approved. Now we have to fix that mistake

the hard part about waiting this time is wondering if this is the real thing or just because his old one have been expired for a year and half now if not longer...i lost count. wondering if it will be a 2 month wait like ur wives or another 2-3 year wait. oh its so hard not knowing.

it really does make me wonder about the education of these morons who cant even get a 2 year and 10 year green card right.

i read about people recieveing rfe's and never getting them...why is it ive paid bills (and recieved) bills thru the mail for the last 20+ years and never did they ever get lost but it seams uscis mails always get lost.

Timeline

thank U , i hope the same too for U all.

http://www.***removed***/immigration/fingerprints.html

above link have contact numbers for FBI , to check status of " background check", anyone tried ?

Edited by pkash2006

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I hope you will get clear on ur name very soon!

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

thank U , i hope the same too for U all.

http://www.***removed***/immigration/fingerprints.html

above link have contact numbers for FBI , to check status of " background check", anyone tried ?

i called them a few years ago and they said they no longer release that information so i never called again. first i called my local office and they gave me the number at the washington dc office and said they handle that there.

Edited by Donna A

Timeline

I hope you will get clear on ur name very soon!

thank you, everyone plz pray for me..

another question , USCIS website( case status) still has s0me $hit from september'07 , when they are going to update the status? :blink:

after that i had fingerprints taken, medical , AOS interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.