gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! May I join your club? ;)

We had AOS interview yesterday. And guess what? Yes, the FBI name check is pending... :crying:

Oh no! Welcome, and may it be a short wait!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Well I think I have good news, after a little over 5 months of wait (which I believe is short compare to most of you), we received an email saying that our card production has been order.

The only weird thing is that 2 days later we recevied the same email again, maybe I am getting two cards, who knows!!

As long as it is not a mistake and will not push everything back.

The only downside is that we are only 4 months away from our 2nd anniversary but at this point, I don;t care I am just glad to get the car

Of course with this issues of having received 2 emails, I cannot get myslef to get too excited until the card is actually in my hand. Does anyone know how long that takes in average?

I will let you know when I received it

I want to thank everyone on this forum for their support, good luck to all of you!

Ok, I am trying to post my timeline, but I am sure I forgot a few details, ask me if you have any questions

Since 2001----H1B status

05/05/06------Marriage in Hawaii

03/21/07------Filed I-130,I-485,I-765 and I-131

04/25/07------Biometric appointment

05/31/07------Notice for AOS interview on July 31th

06/13/07------EAD received in the mail

06/13/07------AP received in the mail

07/31/07------AOS interview, APPROVED pending FBI check :(

01/07/08------Card Production ordered :)

01/08/08------Touched

01/08/08------Welcome notice mailed

01/08/08------I-130 approval notice send

01/10/08-----Card production ordered ( I know that the second time, go figure!)

01/18/08------ GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! :)

welcome KogI - I hope your stay with us is a short one!!

annett&seb - be prepared to wait a month of so, some members have reported getting the card inside of a week, and the longest I have seen was 2 months post-email. I would give it 4 weeks until I got really worried :) just my opinion though :) congrats!!

Edited by LaL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

congratulations helinna! glad to see another approval.

well we got some good news and some bad news. went for the fingerprinting to ead renewal and was lucky enough that they let him do the aos refingerpinting while we were there since the apt. for them was next week. killed two birds with one stone...thats the good news.

the bad news after waiting 45 minutes past our infopass apt all they could tell us is we are still pending. husband was pissed off big time. he told them at work he would be back to work by 11:00 and didnt get there until all most 11:45 because of the infopass runnig behind. oh yeah the worst part is they told him it could take 5-6 years to complete the fbi check. lets just hope the pending is pending fingerprint clearance and not pending fbi processing.

another good news...parking meter ran out becuase of waiting so long at the info pass so i told my husband let me run out and put more money in and ill just wait for u in the car...no need running back and forth. so i just got there with about 5 minutes to spare before the meter reader came walking along. avoided a parking ticket!!!

he is giving it one more month and then im to call the lawyer and start the WOM process.

Edited by Donna A

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Every six months I call National Customer Service Center and ask them to investigate why is my case is outside proccessing times. I usually got the same answer which came from local office (in my case Chicago).

"The proccessing of your case has been delayed.A check of our records establishes that your case is not ready for decision as the required invetigation into your background remains open".

I called them again last Friday and got a letter today.This time an answer was different.It aslo came from Chicago.

"Based on your request we resarched the status of your case.We actively proccessing this case.However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer proccessing time."

I'm just wondering what it means.

Our k3 timeline

I-130

March 9 2004 - NOA1 from NSC

I-129

Apr 16 2004 - NOA1 from Chicago

October 20 - touched

October 27 2004 - NOA2

Interview

February 9 2005

We got the visa!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Every six months I call National Customer Service Center and ask them to investigate why is my case is outside proccessing times. I usually got the same answer which came from local office (in my case Chicago).

"The proccessing of your case has been delayed.A check of our records establishes that your case is not ready for decision as the required invetigation into your background remains open".

I called them again last Friday and got a letter today.This time an answer was different.It aslo came from Chicago.

"Based on your request we resarched the status of your case.We actively proccessing this case.However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer proccessing time."

Hey Slavina that might be good news! We recieved a letter last Wed Jan 3 because i also called USCIS on 12/26 and the letter said Currently Your Case is in Process with an Officer(Instead of background pending) but i also call the senators office on Dec 27. Then Tues recieved email Jan 8 from USCIS wecolming new permaent resident but still havnt recieved Welcome notice in the mail. Does anyone know what Adit Processing means it was in the email. Surely we dont have to make another 3 hour drive so they can take another picture. My Wife has had 3 EAD cards they have enough pictures and fingerprints

Timeline

Hey Slavina that might be good news! We recieved a letter last Wed Jan 3 because i also called USCIS on 12/26 and the letter said Currently Your Case is in Process with an Officer(Instead of background pending) but i also call the senators office on Dec 27. Then Tues recieved email Jan 8 from USCIS wecolming new permaent resident but still havnt recieved Welcome notice in the mail. Does anyone know what Adit Processing means it was in the email. Surely we dont have to make another 3 hour drive so they can take another picture. My Wife has had 3 EAD cards they have enough pictures and fingerprints

Oh i almost forgot Thanks Donna, and tell your husband to hang in there im hoping all these fingerprints we are doing are helping my wife did hers on Nov2 and it was on Green paper and not white so it came from MSC not local office

Timeline

helinna, well thats a relief that urs came on green paper too and from msc. my husband is also sick of all the fingerprinting. he was complaining on the way home why he has to keep getting fingerprints every year because they never change. i supose if u get a deep cut that scars it would change the prints. thats my theory anyway...dont know if im right or wrong about that.

Timeline

I had an appointment in Chicago office yesterday and an immigration officer told me that a name check is done but it was pending for such a long time ( it's 33 months since filing) and so now an officer has to review our case.I can't believe that name is done.But the case is still sitting on someone's table.

Our k3 timeline

I-130

I-129

October 20 - touched

October 27 2004 - NOA2

Interview

February 9 2005

We got the visa!!!

Timeline
I had an appointment in Chicago office yesterday and an immigration officer told me that a name check is done but it was pending for such a long time ( it's 33 months since filing) and so now an officer has to review our case.I can't believe that name is done.But the case is still sitting on someone's table.

WOW, Thats great your namecheck has cleared maybe they will move on it soon they moved on ours very quickly

Yay! That's fantastic news! I hope they get on it ASAP. If a few weeks go by and you still don't have it, you can harass them for an update. And no longer can they tell you, "It's out of our hands, we're waiting on the FBI."

It's great seeing these old cases finally moving.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

Yours is probably done too. You had the second fingerprint appointment recently too.

I had the second fingerprint appointment.I got a letter from USCIS saying "Based on your request we resarched the status of your case.We actively proccessing this case.However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer proccessing time." But the case hasn't been touched, no updates.We just wanted to know what was going on that's why I made Infopass appointment. I hadn't expected to hear that a name check is done.

Edited by slavrina

Our k3 timeline

I-130

I-129

October 20 - touched

October 27 2004 - NOA2

Interview

February 9 2005

We got the visa!!!

Timeline
Yours is probably done too. You had the second fingerprint appointment recently too.

I had the second fingerprint appointment.I got a letter from USCIS saying "Based on your request we resarched the status of your case.We actively proccessing this case.However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer proccessing time." But the case hasn't been touched, no updates.We just wanted to know what was going on that's why I made Infopass appointment. I hadn't expected to hear that a name check is done.

Ya ours didnt get touched until they approved it! My wife recieved her fingerprints on Nov 2 and was on green letterhead. Now im probably going to have to call the uscis hotling again because i think there going to send my wife a 2 year greencard instead of a 10 years weve been married since Aug 05 and reciept number since Oct 05 and approved Jan 08 but the code on the New letter is CF1 which means Condtional Card i now am not happy why cant they just get it right

Timeline

yeah why cant they ever get it right? what i dont understand is why people get rfe's and they never recieve them...for 20 years ive sent checks in the mail for my bills and they have never got lost but it seams uscis stuff always does.

strange thing happened. i have the email updates and havent got a touch since feb 14, 2005 for the aos. weve had the interview and it was never touched and now fingerprinting and it still says feb 14, 2005 but the fingerprinting for the ead card has been touched on the day we had the prints. i dont know why the aos sits and sits with no touches.

Timeline

Our case hasn't been touched since 06.03.2005 when I had the first fingerprint appointment.

Our k3 timeline

I-130

I-129

October 20 - touched

October 27 2004 - NOA2

Interview

February 9 2005

We got the visa!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.