gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently one needs to fill forms AR-11 and I-865 if and when one moves residence during an on-going application. Anyone care to verify?

I only realised today that the Immigration officer crossed my F1 visa and wrote CWOP on it. Does anyone else had a similar experience? I wonder what that means. All along I thought she took only the I-94.

DO: Philadelphia, PA

24 May: Mailed I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

28 May: RD

01 June: ND (DAY 1)

04 June: All checks cashed (DAY 4)

04 June: Received NoA1 for all (DAY 4)

06 June: LUD for all (DAY 6)

08 June: Biometrics / FP ND (DAY 8)

20 June: Biometrics / FP completed (DAY 20)

20 June: FBI cleared FP; sent to USCIS (DAY 20)

20 June: LUD for all (DAY 20)

21 June: LUD for I-485 & I-765 (DAY 21)

13 July: RD for Interview Letter

20 July: Received Interview Letter (DAY 50)

08 Aug: LUD for I-131 approval notice sent (DAY 69)

08 Aug: LUD for I-765 card production ordered (DAY 69)

09 Aug: LUD I-131

13 Aug: AP received (DAY 74)

13 Aug: 2nd LUD for I-765 card production ordered

16 Aug: I-765 approval notice sent LUD

20 Aug: EAD received (DAY 80)

12 Sept: AOS Interview (DAY 104) Approved; name check pending

13 Sept: I-130 approval notice sent

15 Sept: I-130 approval notice received

05 Dec: I-485 card production ordered

LPR:12/4/07-12/4/09

2009 VSC

24 Sep: I-751 app. mailed

26 Sep: Package in St.Albans,VT

28 Sep: Check cashed

28 Oct: Date of NOA

9 Nov: Biometrics done

22 Dec: Approval notice

7 Jan 2010: Card production ordered

15 Jan: 10-year LPR card received

Apparently one needs to fill forms AR-11 and I-865 if and when one moves residence during an on-going application. Anyone care to verify?

I only realised today that the Immigration officer crossed my F1 visa and wrote CWOP on it. Does anyone else had a similar experience? I wonder what that means. All along I thought she took only the I-94.

Your F1 was cancelled appropriately. We had the same experience with the B2 - CWOP = cancelled without prejudice.

The address change forms you listed are correct and are supposed to be filed within 10 days of moving.

:star:

Got my 'green' card (white card go figure) through the mail yesterday.

It was indeed a ten year card.

My next worry is.... with the picture this terrible on it would they even let me back in! lol

Now i wait for my daughters card to arrive. You do get a card if you are under the magic age of 14 right?

OUR TIMELINE....

March 20th 2004 posted I-129f to VSC

March 22nd 2004 NOA1

May 26th 2004 recieved RFE via email

June 4th 2004 recieved RFE in post (photos were not dated, boarding pass had no year on it. oops!)

June 14th 2004 posted response to RFE

June 22nd 2004 VSC recieved response to RFE (dated 18/06/04)

JULY 1st 2004...101 days and STILL counting!!

July 7th 2004 WE ARE APPROVED!!

July 10th 2004NOA2 in post.

July 14th 2004 File sent from NVC to London.

July 28th 2004 Packet 3 recieved

August 12th 2004 sent packet 3 back.

November 1st 2004 Interview date.... APPROVED.

March 8th 2005 Arrive via Bos. Finally see my man again.

May 14th 2005 Our wedding day

June 10th 2005 sent in AOS forms.

August 16th 2005 Biometrics

Sept 6th 2005 Interview - went well....i think.

Nov 7th 2006 STILL awaiting FBI name check!!!!!!!! no green card, no touches, nothing. Getting a bit fed up with being in Limbo land. :0(

January 2007 wrote to senator, who in turn contacted FBI. Yes we are STILL in name check, they got our name in June 2005!!!

February 27th 2007 3 emails all saying the same thing. Fingerprinting processing is completed.

March 20th 2007 Have written to Michael Cannon head of FBI namecheck. Mentioned i am no longer amused :0(

April 28th 2007 Recieved letter asking me to go for third set of fingerprints!

April 29th 2007 Sent a letter to query the need for 3rd set of prints.

May 2nd 2007 USCIS replied - do NOT need a third set after all - go figure

Got my 'green' card (white card go figure) through the mail yesterday.

It was indeed a ten year card.

My next worry is.... with the picture this terrible on it would they even let me back in! lol

Now i wait for my daughters card to arrive. You do get a card if you are under the magic age of 14 right?

CONGRATS! THAT'S GREAT!

Hey I just wanted to check in to let ya know we are still hanging around waiting on a greencard!! I just dont come around lots anymore because it is so damn depressing!! We are filing for our 2nd AP tonite...so I decided while I had all this immigration ####### on my mind I would stop in to give ya a update...

I see that several finally got greencards!! Congrats to all of you!! I just hope they keep on coming!!

Stacy

Stacy (USA) & Paul (UK)

AOS Timeline

03/18/06 Our Wedding Day!

05/22/06 Sent off AOS/EAD package!

08/17/06 Rec'd EAD in the post!

11/08/06 Applied for AP via E-file.

12/26/06 Rec'd AP in post.

02/08/07 AOS interview - pending FBI name check.

06/30/07 Sent off EAD *renewal*!

09/04/07 Rec'd EAD in post.

11/07/07 Applied for AP *renewal* via E-file!

11/30/07 Rec'd AP in post.

04/11/08 Rec'd 10 YEAR GREENCARD!!!!!! :)

Filed: Other Timeline
Hey I just wanted to check in to let ya know we are still hanging around waiting on a greencard!! I just dont come around lots anymore because it is so damn depressing!! We are filing for our 2nd AP tonite...so I decided while I had all this immigration ####### on my mind I would stop in to give ya a update...

I see that several finally got greencards!! Congrats to all of you!! I just hope they keep on coming!!

Stacy

Oh I hate to see this. It's been almost 18 months since you filed.

Yo, homies

I don't have anything new to report, except that our two-year anniversary is coming up in a month. We're looking at EAD #3 ($340 not long before Christmas, ouch) around the same time if we don't hear anything by then.

It is nice to see some of the really old cases getting cleared. Maybe we're next!

~Julie

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Stacy

Oh I hate to see this. It's been almost 18 months since you filed.

Ya me too! My wife has been waiting for 2 years and 15 days and today she went for her second set of fingerprints because USCIS sent her a notice saying

hers was expired. Whatttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!. So we went and took the drive, two and half hours and the gentlemen taking fingerprints thought it was for her EAD i stepped forward and said no its for the first MSC notice she got from USICS see the number he said hell be right back. He comes back and says ya it s a new set of fingerprints need to be done. Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So anyway she did it and we made a infopass apointment for today. Same old answers we already new shes in a background check yet. And i asked him what is this expired fingerprints notice for. He looked at it and said for EAD i laughed and said no sir its for expired fingerprints from her I-485 and i showed him the last fingerprints biometrics that were done for third EAD in July 07. So my wife asked who can help and he said no one not even congressmen or lawyers. Well we see if she gets her greencard notice soon from these new prints.

Helinna, that could be a good sign. Did your wife do biometrics (thumb), or all 10 fingers? If all 10 fingers, there's a good chance that the background check is complete. If you have a look through this thread, you'll see that a lot of people who had been waiting for a while were told to go for fingerprinting again (not to be confused with biometrics for EAD renewal), and the green cards showed up a few weeks thereafter. That's what we're waiting for, because my husband's fingerprints were taken in February 2006, so they've been expired for a while now (they expire after 14 months, I think).

It's confusing, but biometrics and fingerprinting are two different things. They should have been able to explain this distinction at the Infopass appointment.

Anyone?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
Helinna, that could be a good sign. Did your wife do biometrics (thumb), or all 10 fingers? If all 10 fingers, there's a good chance that the background check is complete. If you have a look through this thread, you'll see that a lot of people who had been waiting for a while were told to go for fingerprinting again (not to be confused with biometrics for EAD renewal), and the green cards showed up a few weeks thereafter. That's what we're waiting for, because my husband's fingerprints were taken in February 2006, so they've been expired for a while now (they expire after 14 months, I think).

It's confusing, but biometrics and fingerprinting are two different things. They should have been able to explain this distinction at the Infopass appointment.

Anyone?

Thanks AOS despair, Today she had all 10 fingerprints and in July they only took one finger i asked her. Also after her fingerprints we went to infopass apointment and that guy was confused also but he did say they do expire after 15 months but he did say her background check was still pending so maybe they need these finerprints again. Believe me even the fingerprint guy was confused he had to go back to the back room and ask twice. And i over heard fingerprints expired! like it was very uncommon. I hope your husband gets a notice soon and i hope this is true i will be praying

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

i think ur in for some good news helinna also. my husbands have been expired for about 2 years now and they still havent wanted new ones. so im thinking they want them for the final step to green card. good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey All,

Just wanted to touch base here. We'll still waiting.... 40 months so far. All those waiting 2 years or less....please don't complain so much. I know its a pain and its tough. I wish we could do something to speed up everyones case

Hubby - Canada Wife- USA

Came to USA on an F1 Visa

Met my wife to be August 2001 at college in Nebraska

May 29,2004 - Married!!!!!

July 1, 2004 - Filed AOS, AP, I-130 and Ead in person-Houston

July 12, 2004 - Notice date

July 29, 2004 - Bios

Nov 10, 2004 - I-485 touched

Nov 17, 2004 - I-131 approved

Nov 24, 2004 - I-765 approved

Apr 25, 2005 - status inquiry since AOS is 90 days overdue

May 2, 2005 - status inquiry letter to Houston office

May 19, 2005 - had a meeting with the ICE ( they said they didnt know I filed for AOS???)

July 7, 2005 - sent a letter to Senator, Missouri Cis, CIS Ombudsman

July 27, 2005 - letter from Ombudsman - they will start an inquiry into my case.

Sept 14, 2005 - receieved a letter from USCIS Houston that I need to contact Missouri ( from status inquiry)

Oct 6, 2005 - fingerprinting- EAD

Nov 15, 2005 - Received letter from CIS Ombudsman-I need to contact the Houston USCIS

Nov 17, 2005 - Received AP and Ead in mail

Dec 28, 2005 - fingerprinting- AOS

Feb 9, 2006 - Aos interiew- still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - Second AOS interview, still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - I-130 approved

Dec 2, 2007 - Fingerprinted again..third time for AOS

Feb 14, 2008 - Received email case approved

Feb 26, 2008 - received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.