gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am so frustrated,depressed ,sad again and again-waiting for FBI name check to be completed since December,2005.....and still nothing:(((They supposed to complete check from 2 weeks to 2 months(that's what they saying in their site),but what about people who is waiting 2 years and more??What should they do?Nobody can help,just to sit and wait??How long?Is there anybody who waited this check done more then 2-3 -4((((years?

I totally understand. I lost a dream job cause I don't have a green card. EAD won't do it. Its been 38 months now and still waiting. I've really have just tried to move on with my life and not let it get to me. At least they are still approving my EADs. I wish I could be more helpful. Tired of talking to the senators, getting excited and nothing happens. I even try to stay away from these forums. It just plain sucks.

Hubby - Canada Wife- USA

Came to USA on an F1 Visa

Met my wife to be August 2001 at college in Nebraska

May 29,2004 - Married!!!!!

July 1, 2004 - Filed AOS, AP, I-130 and Ead in person-Houston

July 12, 2004 - Notice date

July 29, 2004 - Bios

Nov 10, 2004 - I-485 touched

Nov 17, 2004 - I-131 approved

Nov 24, 2004 - I-765 approved

Apr 25, 2005 - status inquiry since AOS is 90 days overdue

May 2, 2005 - status inquiry letter to Houston office

May 19, 2005 - had a meeting with the ICE ( they said they didnt know I filed for AOS???)

July 7, 2005 - sent a letter to Senator, Missouri Cis, CIS Ombudsman

July 27, 2005 - letter from Ombudsman - they will start an inquiry into my case.

Sept 14, 2005 - receieved a letter from USCIS Houston that I need to contact Missouri ( from status inquiry)

Oct 6, 2005 - fingerprinting- EAD

Nov 15, 2005 - Received letter from CIS Ombudsman-I need to contact the Houston USCIS

Nov 17, 2005 - Received AP and Ead in mail

Dec 28, 2005 - fingerprinting- AOS

Feb 9, 2006 - Aos interiew- still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - Second AOS interview, still waiting for background check

Nov 3, 2006 - I-130 approved

Dec 2, 2007 - Fingerprinted again..third time for AOS

Feb 14, 2008 - Received email case approved

Feb 26, 2008 - received Green Card

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I am so frustrated,depressed ,sad again and again-waiting for FBI name check to be completed since December,2005.....and still nothing:(((They supposed to complete check from 2 weeks to 2 months(that's what they saying in their site),but what about people who is waiting 2 years and more??What should they do?Nobody can help,just to sit and wait??How long?Is there anybody who waited this check done more then 2-3 -4((((years?

I understand your frustration SO WELL, cause I've been stuck in the same name check myself since July 2005 (as you can see, it's been a little longer for me - of course, nothing to be "proud" of). As they say - "they are supposed to (and that's what we would expect them to do for us in return for our money and patience) but not obliged to":( I know it sounds kind of harsh, but they've proven it by "their" attitude to so many people going through this nerve-wrecking process. Actually, according to the "them" (and I've been told that many times), they do not have this certain time frame yet (though, hopefully, this is going to change soon, Congress is pressing to reduce the wait for the name check to no more than 120 days, I pray this law will pass soon, I really wouldn't want to be stuck in it for another two years or so) when it comes to the name\background check so, basically, it can take them as much time as they want to spend on it with little or no regard to our feelings and frustration whatsoever. I know one lady (I actually met her in our local office not so long ago), and she's been stuck in her name check for almost FIVE YEARS, I thought it was rather "funny" because she's 80 YEARS OLD, and she's from the UK, no criminal past or anything of that nature (moved to this country to be with her daughter), has a pretty common name and still she's like us still waiting and hanging on. I don't know, but the longer I wait, the more I get to think that it may end soon - I mean, I'm hoping so.

I also lost the opportunity to have my "dream" job last year, my EAD didn't "impress" the "perspective" empoyers, I'm still really upset about it, but there's nothing I can do about it :unsure: Just waiting as usual...............................

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

It is really VERY SAD....I hope for all of you guys to get this GC as soon as possible.That's really sucks to hear that some people waiting 3 years and MORE :crying::angry: I have no words.......sit and wait......and pray to GOD..???

Thank you guys for your support,I really appreciate this,I very depressed about this process,all of my friends who came from the same country and living shorter time here then me already got their GC

oh well what should we do?

Timeline
It is really VERY SAD....I hope for all of you guys to get this GC as soon as possible.That's really sucks to hear that some people waiting 3 years and MORE :crying::angry: I have no words.......sit and wait......and pray to GOD..???

Thank you guys for your support,I really appreciate this,I very depressed about this process,all of my friends who came from the same country and living shorter time here then me already got their GC

oh well what should we do?

I hear you. I know a bunch of people who came not only from the same country as I did (and even though they had come to this country before I did, nonetheless, I applied for the AOS looong before them all), but also from the same city, and we even used to go to the same school together (what a coincidence, huh?)...............so we share the same background, have the same age (have different names, of course), but the point is that it didn't take very long to check them (they all got their green cards pretty much within a year period) and it's taking forever to check me!? I did however change my last name while still in my home country, because we got married there, but again I don't think there are a lot of people in my home town with the same double last name as mine, this is just plain ridiculous. Good luck to you too! And hang on, we will get this freaking green card, don't know when, but we will...................oh, I'm feeling so optimistic today for some reason...................that's weird.....but I guess, it's just one of my "better" days.

Just being curious and seeing if everyone else in namecheck has the same status when checking your receipt number on the uscis.gov website

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed

This is the only message ever that we got since 2005! never mentions due to FBI namecheck of course.

Everyone goes through namecheck - and probably since it is a process that is *not* necessarily USCIS's it is a nuance that is not itemized on the website.

My online verbiage stated "this interview has been cancelled" until June 07, now it is simply "pending at NBC".

At some point last year, my husband's I-485 online status information changed to say that the case was at the National Benefits Center. This was after the interview. It's been so long now, I can't remember what it said before that. I didn't receive an e-mail. The current status is "case received and pending," which I think has been unchanged since January 2006.

Oy!!!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

This is what the uscis.gov website says about my status:

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On June 21, 2005, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

The notice they're talking about was my RFE (at least I believe so) which I sent back of course, but they never updated this fact on the website even after they had received it (the last "touch" was on July 26, 2006 and it was prier to receiving a RFE which I got on Aug 18, 2006, I don't know, maybe it took that many days to arrive into our mailbox!?). I actually didn't receive any response from them right away and after 3 months of waiting I sent an inquiry to our local office - during our interview we were given this piece of paper and told that if my green card didn't come within three or four months from the date of the interview then we could send it to them and they would send us some sort of response as to why nothing was coming. So I sent that piece of paper and again - no response, we waited about a month and then made an infopass appointment, there we were told that my case was still pending the completion of the FBI name check and as of that day's date the FBI name check was still pending. As a matter of fact we were lucky (if you can call it that way) to be able to talk to the same person who conducted our interview (as soon as I saw her literally passing by there was nothing that could stop us from talking to her hehe, we basically jumped up on her) and took care of my case, we gave her my A number and the receipt number and "reminded" her of that "inquiry" piece of paper that I had sent to their office, so she promised to send a response that same very day which we got the next day, but there was nothing new other than telling us that they had indeed received all requested documents and the I-485 was still pending due to the FBI name check:( Nothing new since then..........................

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

OH MY GOSH IT ARRIVED here is the CRIS emial I received today.

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On September 21, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

FINALLY WE CAN APPLY FOR THE THIRD SON....

Thank you VJ and crew., I will update on the kids as we go along.

I am hoping that everyone still waiting gets theres soon. Good Luck

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

OH MY GOSH IT ARRIVED here is the CRIS emial I received today.

Receipt Number: MSCXXXXXXXXXX

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On September 21, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

FINALLY WE CAN APPLY FOR THE THIRD SON....

Thank you VJ and crew., I will update on the kids as we go along.

I am hoping that everyone still waiting gets theres soon. Good Luck

Congratulations :dance::dance:

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

On June 21, 2005, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Our case has the same wording, verbatim (just a different date), and we never received an RFE. We also made numerous inquiries, none of which affected the touch date. It does seem like a random thing sometimes, the touch.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

Our case has the same wording, verbatim (just a different date), and we never received an RFE. We also made numerous inquiries, none of which affected the touch date. It does seem like a random thing sometimes, the touch.

It still boggles my mind how they randomly "touch" cases, it would be nice to see something new there though - at least as a reminder that your case hasn't been forgotten, I'm kind of sick of seeing the same thing over and over again for months and months.................don't even check it anymore, don't see the point :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

to tell u the truth i dont think they are touching any cases anymore. of course our AOS hasnt been touched since feb. 2005 and it still reads...ur fingerprints have been recieved and work continues on this case. that was a year before the interview that we got that one. alot changed after that...interview cancelled, interview rescheduled but it never changed on their website.

also we applied for another EAD and it came in one month but the online status never changed from we recieved you case and work continues on it.

so i dont think they are updating anything.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

well i finally dug out the letter i got from the ombudsman today to figure out when i should have heard from them. i kept thinking the 45 days they told me was the middle of sept. i was wrong it was the end of july so here another month has passed after the 45 days and still nothing. the letter said contact them if we dont hear from them in 45 days. i emailed them. actually and im surprised i got a reply. it said its in its final stages so give them 2 more weeks to reply. if i dont hear from them contact them again.

thats just wonderful...havent i waited long enough?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.