gag54611

AOS interview successful, but waiting for FBI name check

2,695 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good evening to everyone!

I've got a question that's been bothering me for quite some time now, I don't know, maybe there's nothing to worry about yet, but dealing with this kind of stuff makes you rather paranoid obviously. I had my biometrics done (the first time that is) back in Aug 2005, then in Feb 2006 I received another notice asking me to come and redo my biometrics again (yeah, it took them 6 months just to figure out that my fingerprings were not OK), which I did, but then I was told at the infopass appointment that my fingerprints would actually "expire" again in 15 months from the date they were taken (still can't quite apprehend how THAT's possible!?), so 15 months went by, even more than that and no notice, nothing.....................I called the NSCS about a month ago and asked them if they were going to send me anything at all any time soon, honestly, I never got a decent answer to my question, only their usual "wait story", and the "infopass lady" couldn't tell me much either, since according to her they are not the ones who issue that kind of a notice (actually that was her own suggestion to call the NSCS and make an inquire, haha, very funny, like those people on the phone really know something, because half of the time they don't!). So, should I start getting worried about it (I mean, more than I already am of course), or should I just calm down and wait as always? I just hope nothing got lost:( Has anything like that happened to anybody else before?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a truth that your biometrics expire after 15 months. (I think some rediculous reason like "space saving"). Most likely you will be called for your biometrics when there is movement on your case again. It is kind of prompted once they get ready for adjudication. Others have been through this and out of nowhere, received a biometrics request, and soon thereafter - greencard in hand.

If someone was called for biometrics at 15 months only to keep pending, I have missed it.

Howdy

I'm not sure why you were contacted after six months, but I do know that biometrics and fingerprinting (referred to as tenprints on the form's stamp) are two different things. Or, perhaps fingerprinting is considered a component of biometrics, I'm not sure.

With AOS applications, typically the applicant will get the notice to go for fingerprinting--that's when they take prints of all fingers--and take a picture. If you need to renew your EAD, you'll have to do your biometrics again but not fingerprints. That is, they take only a thumbprint and a new picture that will go on the EAD. It's the fingerprints that expire after 15 months, so if the application is held up to the point that the fingerprints expire, you'll get a notice from CIS to go have them taken again. As Laura (Lal) said, receiving notification that you have to go for fingerprinting (not biometrics associated with EAD renewal) is usually a good sign because it means that your case is moving along. My husband had his fingerprints taken in Feb. 2006, so he'll definitely have to redo his before receiving his green card. However, he has been back for biometrics (thumbprint and picture) to renew his EAD.

:wacko:

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

WE DID OUR LAST FINGERPRINTS JUNE 2005. I WOULD GET VERY EXCITED TO EVEN GET THOSE REDONE BECAUSE I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD SIGN AS WELL. WE ARE WAY BEYOND THE 15 MONTH POINT AS WELL. I MADE AN INFOPASS TO ASK IF I COULD GET FINGERPRINTED AGAIN SINCE I KNOW THEY ARE EXPIRED, AND THE ANSWER WAS "DON'T CALL US.....WE'LL CALL YOU" WHEN NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIOMETRICS WERE DONE ON OUR FOURTH EAD RENEWAL LAST MARCH.

PATIENTLY WAITING AS USUAL; FEELING LIKE WE'VE EXHAUSTED EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE WOM.

I THINK THE CONGRESSMAN ARE EVEN GETTING FED UP WITH OUR VOICE, BUT I CONTINUE TO BE A THORN IN THEIR SIDE I GUESS.

Timeline
Howdy

I'm not sure why you were contacted after six months, but I do know that biometrics and fingerprinting (referred to as tenprints on the form's stamp) are two different things. Or, perhaps fingerprinting is considered a component of biometrics, I'm not sure.

With AOS applications, typically the applicant will get the notice to go for fingerprinting--that's when they take prints of all fingers--and take a picture. If you need to renew your EAD, you'll have to do your biometrics again but not fingerprints. That is, they take only a thumbprint and a new picture that will go on the EAD. It's the fingerprints that expire after 15 months, so if the application is held up to the point that the fingerprints expire, you'll get a notice from CIS to go have them taken again. As Laura (Lal) said, receiving notification that you have to go for fingerprinting (not biometrics associated with EAD renewal) is usually a good sign because it means that your case is moving along. My husband had his fingerprints taken in Feb. 2006, so he'll definitely have to redo his before receiving his green card. However, he has been back for biometrics (thumbprint and picture) to renew his EAD.

:wacko:

I was fingerprinted both times (and yes, both times they did all fingers, I was told that a thumbprint would be used for my EAD and "the ten" would go for my green card - and they also put these biometrics pricessing stamps on my two notices for the AOS and EAD). So I received my EAD almost a month after the procedure (I didn't renew it though after it expired), and when I was called back in February 2006 - I believe that was for the green card again (which I haven't received of course) - the woman that was fingerprinting me told me that my first time was unsuccessful and that not all of my fingers turned out well (that's why I was surprised that it took them almost 6 months to figure that out), and that's why they asked me to come back and redo everything. So can't really see the point of them retaking my fingerprints in 2006 as the case hasn't moved anywhere since then, not even the slightest "touch" on the website nor any RFE - in other words nothing! I too was hoping that my second biometrics appointment was the sure sign of improvement but it wasn't unfortunately. Hopefully, next time they send me anything will be indeed a good sign.

Timeline
It is a truth that your biometrics expire after 15 months. (I think some rediculous reason like "space saving"). Most likely you will be called for your biometrics when there is movement on your case again. It is kind of prompted once they get ready for adjudication. Others have been through this and out of nowhere, received a biometrics request, and soon thereafter - greencard in hand.

If someone was called for biometrics at 15 months only to keep pending, I have missed it.

You would actually think that they'd rather use some alternative means of "saving their space" by, I don't know, like maybe, APPROVING a case to permanently remove it from their shelves instead of shuffling it from one place to another for months and years......................maybe that thought hasn't ocurred to them yet!? :blush:

You would actually think that they'd rather use some alternative means of "saving their space" by, I don't know, like maybe, APPROVING a case to permanently remove it from their shelves instead of shuffling it from one place to another for months and years......................maybe that thought hasn't ocurred to them yet!? :blush:

I imagine a room full of steam-powered 100 MB zip drives.

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Timeline

I imagine a room full of steam-powered 100 MB zip drives.

Well, I don't know about other "rooms", but the one we've been to (in Saint Louis that is) for our interview was literally filled with lots and lots of files "neatly" stacked on the shelves, on the desk, on the floor (almost looked like a little leaning tower of Piza, I'm not kidding you) rising all the way up to the ceiling...................yes, I was surprised, after all this is the age of technology (presumably), and I actually dared to ask about this "mess" around, the answer - they are not that "advanced" yet to digitalize all the applications (underfunding and stuff like that) - hence - lots of paperwork still "hanging out" there:blush:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We've got the card today!

Will be praying for a quick approval for all of you still waiting.

DO: NYC

28/12/06 - Application I-102, I-485, I-765, I-130

08/01/07 - ND

19/01/07 - FP done

22/01/07 - RFE for I-485

06/02/07 - Response to RFE received by USCIS

03/16/07 - Notice of EAD Card production

03/22/07 - Received EAD Card!

03/31/07 - Received interview notice (for May 9th)

05/09/07 - Interview went well, Pending Name Check

09/10/07 - I-130 approval notice and I-485 Welcoming new PR - emails

09/13/07 - Card production ordered email

09/15/07 - Received welcome letter

09/19/07 - I-485 approval notice sent email

09/21/07 - Card in hand!

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's wonderful - I wish I could brag about it as well :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Dont mean to worry u but..............they lost my first set of ten prints!!!! Although the guy who took the second set tried to say "oh u must not have shown up for your previous appt"....believe me I soon set him straight who's error this was :)

I have also seen that where people get called for renewed tenprints...the green card follows shortly! so....when they want MORE fingerprints you might want to plan your "green card party":) Mine has also expired now, so i will be more than happy to give them another set if it means that the card is on its way!!

Good luck......keep hanging in there :)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I am so frustrated,depressed ,sad again and again-waiting for FBI name check to be completed since December,2005.....and still nothing:(((They supposed to complete check from 2 weeks to 2 months(that's what they saying in their site),but what about people who is waiting 2 years and more??What should they do?Nobody can help,just to sit and wait??How long?Is there anybody who waited this check done more then 2-3 -4((((years?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.