apple21

Parents applying for a B2/Tourist Visa - APPROVED!

52 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, apple21 said:

Great. It would help them a lot so their answers will be consistent with the ds160. Keep this thread updated. 

Thank you!

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:11 AM, apple21 said:

Great. It would help them a lot so their answers will be consistent with the ds160. Keep this thread updated. 

Woohooo!!! They got interviewed a couple of days ago and got their 10 year visas today!!

and guess what?! They were asked a ton of questions and 3/4ths were the questions you posted here.

i feel very grateful to you!!! Thank you 😊

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, ivyyy said:

Woohooo!!! They got interviewed a couple of days ago and got their 10 year visas today!!

and guess what?! They were asked a ton of questions and 3/4ths were the questions you posted here.

i feel very grateful to you!!! Thank you 😊

Congrats!

• Ryan H locked this topic
  • Ryan H unlocked this topic
Timeline

Just wanted to revive this thread as another member sent me a PM regarding B2 application for parents, specifically Philippines. ✌🏼

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 1:03 PM, apple21 said:

It’s not needed, believe me. 

Look at the DS160, that’s where you would put the info regarding the trip (who will pay for

it, the intended departure date, how long will they stay in the US, US contact person, US address where they will stay, who are the relatives in the US, etc).

As I said at the beginning of my post, the key is being consistent with what’s in the DS160 and their answer during the interview. Avoid long trips too just keep it minimal like 2-3 weeks. Longer stays will trigger suspicion. 

What if we say 3 weeks intended stay in ds 160 and stay in US for about 3 or 4 months ? Would that be wrong?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Alice L said:

What if we say 3 weeks intended stay in ds 160 and stay in US for about 3 or 4 months ? Would that be wrong?

Yes, it would be wrong.  It would be wrong to lie to the US Embassy about length of stay in the US to obtain a visitor visa.  

57 minutes ago, Alice L said:

You tell us?  Are you asking if lying is wrong?  Jeez..

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
2 hours ago, Alice L said:

Hi. If you put 3 weeks then stay for 3 weeks only. The problem with people is the abuse of the B2 visa. Keep in mind that you're still applying, you don't have the visa yet. Good luck. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We are looking at getting my mother in law a travel visa too since she only lives 2.5 hours away from us on the other side of the border.  Every time she has gone in for an interview they kept denying her a visa but always granting my father in law with a visa.  Baffles my mind!  She hasn't tried since 98' because she was tired of getting denied.   We are hoping that now she might have better luck.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

We are looking at getting my mother in law a travel visa too since she only lives 2.5 hours away from us on the other side of the border.  Every time she has gone in for an interview they kept denying her a visa but always granting my father in law with a visa.  Baffles my mind!  She hasn't tried since 98' because she was tired of getting denied.   We are hoping that now she might have better luck.  

Hi. Is your mother in law employed? What's her age now?

Timeline
Just now, apple21 said:

Hi. Is your mother in law employed? What's her age now?

I will give you a more detailed story.  So back in the 80's/90's my father in law was seriously raking in the moolah because he had farms and my mother in law was a home maker during all that time for six kids.  Ever since my father in law was a child he has always been able to obtain/renew his tourist visas.  My mother in law kept getting denied simultaneously at the time that my father in law had a lot of money.  

She is 61 and my father in law is close to 70.  

Timeline
Just now, Ben & Katy said:

I will give you a more detailed story.  So back in the 80's/90's my father in law was seriously raking in the moolah because he had farms and my mother in law was a home maker during all that time for six kids.  Ever since my father in law was a child he has always been able to obtain/renew his tourist visas.  My mother in law kept getting denied simultaneously at the time that my father in law had a lot of money.  

She is 61 and my father in law is close to 70.  

Maybe because she wasn't employed then? Or something she said on the interview that was inconsistent with info on the form? God knows what?! LOL. 

She can definitely try reapplying again. Keep us posted and good luck!

Timeline
17 hours ago, apple21 said:

Maybe because she wasn't employed then? Or something she said on the interview that was inconsistent with info on the form? God knows what?! LOL. 

She can definitely try reapplying again. Keep us posted and good luck!

She has never worked in her life.  She has been a homemaker the entire time while my father in law was the one making the money.  Now he doesn't make any money except for his pension because someone took his land away.  Its common for someone squat on your land in Mexico.   What is crazy is even though he is a lot worse off economically now he still keeps getting approved for his visa renewals LOL. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations @apple21 and  @lierre  !!!!😊

I am still trying to convince my parents to come over to visit me and my husband.  My father is only 62 and my mother is 59 . Both having issues with their knees. Since its going to be a little challenging for them to travel ,I will ask my younger sister to accompany them. I am hoping they can also be approved for a visa even if its  not a multiple entry :) .

Timeline
6 minutes ago, bubblyheather said:

Congratulations @apple21 and  @lierre  !!!!😊

I am still trying to convince my parents to come over to visit me and my husband.  My father is only 62 and my mother is 59 . Both having issues with their knees. Since its going to be a little challenging for them to travel ,I will ask my younger sister to accompany them. I am hoping they can also be approved for a visa even if its  not a multiple entry :) .

Good luck. I hope my post will also help your parents' application. Keep us posted! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.