GaryC

Paris Hilton going to jail for 45 days

187 posts in this topic

Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton cant get enough of Paris Hilton i am sick of the news media talking about her already they over do it the same with Ana Nicole Smith.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

news_logo.gif Paris Hilton accepts her sentence Paris Hilton says she will not appeal against her 45-day jail sentence for violating probation on a driving ban.

The celebrity heiress said she was "learning and growing" from her ordeal.

She is being held at a detention centre in Los Angeles, where she was believed to have undergone medical and psychiatric tests.

On Friday a judge ordered her back to jail, ending a brief stint under house arrest at her Hollywood Hills home. She was taken screaming from the court.

In a statement released by her lawyer on Saturday, the 26-year-old said: "Being in jail is by far the hardest thing I have ever done.

"During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to think and I believe that I am learning and growing from this experience."

Her lawyers had sought to keep her out of jail on grounds that she was suffering an unspecified medical condition.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/ente...ent/6738059.stm

Published: 2007/06/10 03:11:40 GMT

drinkblink14.gif

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
"During the past several days, I have had a lot of time to think and I believe that I am learning and growing from this experience."

Her lawyers had sought to keep her out of jail on grounds that she was suffering an unspecified medical condition.

Uh... Does this mean she admits that there is no unspecified medical condition? The egg on Sherrif Baca's face is scrambled now.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Timeline
The venom thrown at PH in this thread is scary! I don't particularly like the girl, but I don't hate her either...she's a non-issue to me.

Big deal, she's rich and talentless...there are many who are. And her celebrity is also fueled by those who loathe her.

She should be in jail because what she did was very wrong. I've had friends killed by drunk drivers...hell, I watched one die in front of me on the street. It's not clever or big to drink and drive, and I hope she learns her lesson.

I don't think we hate her because she's rich and talentless....let me speak for myself...much safer: Until the recent legal event, having to hear about Paris Hilton was just annoyance. But now....that's a whole other beast. I don't hate her because she's rich, famous for absolutely no identifiable reason and talentless. I hate her because the pure luck of being born into the Hilton family makes her feel some sort of entitlement to special treatment in regards to the laws of our society. She's dangerous because she believes that the law doesn't apply to her. I happen to work at a drunk driving defense law office and if any of those clients pulled half of the sh*t she pulled the would have lost everything.

Clearly the system in LA is broken, and that makes me angry. But it makes me angrier that people like Paris Hilton feel that they are above responsibility for anything and can throw enough money at a problem until it goes away. It's the epitome of unfair and disproportionate treatment. And don't let anyone convince you that her sentence is some sort of miscarriage of justice. Just because people aren't sentenced to 45 days for violations of probation in LA, doesn't mean that Judges don't have the discretion to impose the maximum sentence if they feel like it.

WADR, even the fact that you said 'I hate her because...' just seems odd to me.

Big deal, she feels entitled....but does that make you accept the 'non-entitled' attitude? I don't care that she feels she's 'special' for whatever reason...cos it's got sweet FA to do with me.

And the fact that celebs & the wealthy get preferential treatment really comes as no suprise to me, so I can't say I was shocked by any of the brou ha ha.

Edited by LisaD

Paris Hilton Paris Hilton Paris Hilton cant get enough of Paris Hilton i am sick of the news media talking about her already they over do it the same with Ana Nicole Smith.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

I personally loved the shouts of "mommy please help me" shows it all really.. mommy can't help you now brat ;)

Exactly what I thought.

I hope any young girls who idolizes her now realize she is nothing but a fake rather than the untouchable b***h she make out to be. She is also a spoiled little brat because her dumb ### mother has put her on a pedestal for far too long..

Edited by Infidel

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Clearly the system in LA is broken, and that makes me angry. But it makes me angrier that people like Paris Hilton feel that they are above responsibility for anything and can throw enough money at a problem until it goes away. It's the epitome of unfair and disproportionate treatment. And don't let anyone convince you that her sentence is some sort of miscarriage of justice. Just because people aren't sentenced to 45 days for violations of probation in LA, doesn't mean that Judges don't have the discretion to impose the maximum sentence if they feel like it.

Of course and O J Simpson proved that.. He, for example, would have been jailed in most other states and countries.

Edited by Infidel

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.