Venice000

Passed the test but further documents require (N400)

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Does anyone has the same situation.? I filed my N400 under 3 year marriage. I went for my interview today and passed the civic test but after the officer reviewed all my document, he asked if I have any document to proof the marriage. I said no because I brought the kids birth certificate and the past 4 years income tax script (included this year) which already have the joint name and address stated on it. I though these should b good enough and mentioned it to him but the officer asked for our joint bank account and insurance. He showed me the lists that I should bring for filing under 3 yrs rule. I checked the letter I received, it didn’t ask for those documents at all. Anyway he asked me to wait for the letter in few weeks and submit all those requested documents then he only will schedule the oath ceremony for me. 

Anyone has has the same issue? Just wonder how long do I really have to wait for that letter and I wonder will my application get rejected after I submit those documents. 

Mu husband had his interview yesterday. Luckily I had given him copies of our most recent bank statements utility bills and mortgage statement. The mortgage seemed to be what made her happy.

Good luck. We are now waiting on our Oath date.

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

I am on the same boat. I sent everything the first time. And now he wants more so we sent insurance car and health and home, credit cards, 401k etc. 

been waiting for 4 months since interview still. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, bob72601 said:

Mu husband had his interview yesterday. Luckily I had given him copies of our most recent bank statements utility bills and mortgage statement. The mortgage seemed to be what made her happy.

Good luck. We are now waiting on our Oath date.

Congrats to your husband :) 

11 minutes ago, Morningmist said:

I am on the same boat. I sent everything the first time. And now he wants more so we sent insurance car and health and home, credit cards, 401k etc. 

been waiting for 4 months since interview still. 

How long did you wait for the letter? Oh man, still no news after 4 months so means I shouldn’t give high hopes:(  the officer told me after I submit those documents, his assistant will update on the system and inform him then he will pull out my file and schedule for oath ceremony. Now I guess it won’t happen so soon. I am planning to visit my country this summer but now I’m stuck. I don’t kno2 if I should book the ticket. 

Hope you will get some good news soon. 

Edited by Venice000

Please post the letter when you get it showing what they want for the 3 year period. I am sure others would like to see it too. Our letter was like yours, did not spell out these documents.

I am the US Citizen

Journey to Citizenship for my spouse

Day 1    11-20-2017  Filed N-400 Online

Day 1    11-20-2017  NOA1 for N-400

Day 4    11-24-2017  NOA1 hardcopy arrived in the mail

Day 25  12-15-2017  Biometrics Appointment at Ft Smith, AR ASC

Day 104 03-02-2018 Notified Interview Letter Sent.

Day 151 04-18-2018 Interview at Fort Smith, AR 

Day 174 05-11-2018 Oath Ceremony at Fort Smith USCIS.

Day 1,370 - JOURNEY from K1 Visa to Oath of Citizenship is now COMPLETE!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, bob72601 said:

Please post the letter when you get it showing what they want for the 3 year period. I am sure others would like to see it too. Our letter was like yours, did not spell out these documents.

Will do. That’s just doesn’t make sense to me especially we had all those documents submitted for remove condition gc and they still asking for them. And income tax, kids birth certificate and my husband original passport and birth certificate are with me. They should be proving we’re still together:(

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Morningmist said:

And replied to it in 2 weeks. And haven’t heard anything since. 

I’m sorry to hear that, hope you will get some news soon. Wish I will get the letter in few days too instead of few weeks. I just want to get it all done soon. It’s really a stress process.

Yeah I had the same thing happen. They did not ask for more evidence during the interview letter and decided to just spring it out of nowhere. I sent my taxes with my original package as well as evidence of an ongoing relationship. Hope you get your RFE soon. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Morningmist said:

Yeah I had the same thing happen. They did not ask for more evidence during the interview letter and decided to just spring it out of nowhere. I sent my taxes with my original package as well as evidence of an ongoing relationship. Hope you get your RFE soon. 

How long did you wait for the RFE to come? How long had you wait after the interview and submitted all the requested documents now?

I waited 4 days to get the RFE. I think the IO came to my house because it had "hand delivered" on the letter. Probably to see if we still lived together , which we did. Wish he just came during the evening he would see all the evidence ( like my husbands mess all over the living room and his "man cave" in the basement). I sent via fedex all my documents on  January 3rd, 2018. I basically sent anything that showed we were still currently married. Our tax return for 2016 and 401Ks that list each other  as beneficiaries, utility bills showing shared address for december 2017, credit card statements showing authorized users  and health insurance for 2018, my daughters birth certificate ( which I had already sent before),  car insurance for 2018 and some pictures of us on vacation plus the details of a speeding ticket I got back in 2009. I honestly felt like he harassed us because we are an inter-racial couple. I see people with less evidence getting approved and it baffles me. My husband even asked me if he should come and I said no, because I was going to go to work after my interview and honestly regret not bringing him along. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Morningmist said:

I waited 4 days to get the RFE. I think the IO came to my house because it had "hand delivered" on the letter. Probably to see if we still lived together , which we did. Wish he just came during the evening he would see all the evidence ( like my husbands mess all over the living room and his "man cave" in the basement). I sent via fedex all my documents on  January 3rd, 2018. I basically sent anything that showed we were still currently married. Our tax return for 2016 and 401Ks that list each other  as beneficiaries, utility bills showing shared address for december 2017, credit card statements showing authorized users  and health insurance for 2018, my daughters birth certificate ( which I had already sent before),  car insurance for 2018 and some pictures of us on vacation plus the details of a speeding ticket I got back in 2009. I honestly felt like he harassed us because we are an inter-racial couple. I see people with less evidence getting approved and it baffles me. My husband even asked me if he should come and I said no, because I was going to go to work after my interview and honestly regret not bringing him along. 

I was regretting not to bring my whole family with me too. It was just because we had two kids with us, my husband didn’t want to bring them and waited for me in the waiting room.  We’re only have joint account, 401k and insurance (kids’ birth cert already submitted). The bills and mortgage  are under my husband’s name only. I just hope these will be enough evidence to that officer.

I think they just want to make our life more stress :( 

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Venice000 said:

Will do. That’s just doesn’t make sense to me especially we had all those documents submitted for remove condition gc and they still asking for them. And income tax, kids birth certificate and my husband original passport and birth certificate are with me. They should be proving we’re still together:(

Why would you think that you can decide what you can bring to interview. Immigration is not a right. You have to provide what they ask. Just provide all joint docs they r asking and you will be just fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Venice000 said:

. I am planning to visit my country this summer but now I’m stuck. I don’t kno2 if I should book the ticket. 

Hope you will get some good news soon. 

It’s a very personal decision, but I am currently processing for N400 and still going home to visit my parents in August. 

If the process is complete by then, I’ll fly as an American citizen. 

If it is not, I’ll fly as a green card holder and maybe even postpone my interview/oath. 

Do you think you could do that, too?

I’m sorry they asked for more evidence. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly for you. 

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.