NVC Case Complete – June 14

☑ Interview scheduled – July 16

☑ Medical exam – July 17

☑ Interview completed – August 21

☑ Visa received – August 27

☐ Touch down – September 28

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I'm waiting to get my exit interview scheduled. My case was complete July 19 as told over the phone but I got the email July 25.

I read about the temporary retrogression in September. I understand what it's about and all that. I'm just wondering if exit interviews will still get scheduled and held during September, does anyone know? There's still most of August left, though 😉

3 hours ago, SpidersWeb said:

I'm waiting to get my exit interview scheduled. My case was complete July 19 as told over the phone but I got the email July 25.

I read about the temporary retrogression in September. I understand what it's about and all that. I'm just wondering if exit interviews will still get scheduled and held during September, does anyone know? There's still most of August left, though 😉

With the upcoming retrogression, in the NVC stage, does everyone who's priority date is not current just get put on pause?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Most likely they won't schedule any interviews for September. But the dates should return to current in October bulletin.

There's still a slim chance of getting over the line in August in a small non-busy embassy but I wouldn't bet on that. Most likely next interviews will be scheduled in September to October, after the next visa bulletin comes out.

Spoiler

☑ Started the whole thing – December 13, 2016

☑ PWD request filed – January 19, 2017 

☑ PWD issued – April 7

☑ PERM certification filed – July 18

☑ PERM approved – November 14, 2017

☑ I-140 filed with PP – January 30, 2018 

☑ I-140 approved – February 27

☑ I-140 sent to NVC – March 19

NVC case number issued – May 17

NVC Scan Date – June 11

☑ Medical exam – July 17

6 hours ago, artml said:

Most likely they won't schedule any interviews for September. But the dates should return to current in October bulletin.

There's still a slim chance of getting over the line in August in a small non-busy embassy but I wouldn't bet on that. Most likely next interviews will be scheduled in September to October, after the next visa bulletin comes out.

I'm still waiting to get a case number (8th week is next week), do you think they will still assign me a case number and collect all the documents then stop at the interview phase?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, hf2018 said:

I'm still waiting to get a case number (8th week is next week), do you think they will still assign me a case number and collect all the documents then stop at the interview phase?

No idea on that. The travel.state.gov website says that "NVC will notify you when your case becomes current or is likely to become current within a year, and will ask you to begin next steps in processing your approved petition." – so I'd say they will issue the case number, as the dates should become current very soon. But I think it's better to ask NVC directly.

Spoiler

☑ PWD issued – April 7

NVC Scan Date – June 11

☑ Medical exam – July 17

Timeline
7 hours ago, artml said:

That's what I thought but we'll see how it goes in the coming months. Helsinki should schedule in a relative short time frame. I wonder, though, because my case status shows still "At NVC", is that likely to change to something indicating transfer?

Timeline
Just now, SpidersWeb said:

That's what I thought but we'll see how it goes in the coming months. Helsinki should schedule in a relative short time frame. I wonder, though, because my case status shows still "At NVC", is that likely to change to something indicating transfer?

My location changed to "In transit" once my interview was scheduled, and now it says "Kyiv".

Spoiler

☑ PWD issued – April 7

NVC Scan Date – June 11

☑ Medical exam – July 17

Timeline
Just now, SpidersWeb said:

Ah, so it changes at that time. I was worried the NVC hasn't sent my case to Helsinki, yet 😛

No, they only send the case to embassy after the interview date is set.

Spoiler

☑ PWD issued – April 7

NVC Scan Date – June 11

☑ Medical exam – July 17

Timeline
2 minutes ago, artml said:

No, they only send the case to embassy after the interview date is set.

So that was my misunderstanding; I thought the case would be sent first and then they'd look at it prior to scheduling. But I guess that makes sense as well. Thanks!

Timeline
12 hours ago, hf2018 said:

So, I got my Case # and Invoice ID, payed the IV fees. Now I'm waiting for it to clear. Do I need to submit DS-260 before I send the package (non-pivot) with all the documents or can I send it as soon as the payment clears?

The order doesn't really matter; NVC will scan your documents when they arrive, but they won't review them until your DS-260 is not submitted.

Spoiler

☑ PWD issued – April 7

NVC Scan Date – June 11

☑ Medical exam – July 17

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
19 hours ago, hf2018 said:

Do I have to send a notarized job offer letter to the NVC? It's on the list of documents to bring to the consulate, but I could not find it listed on the fee bill that the NVC sent

The job offer is needed at the interview only - needs to be within 30 days of the interview and does not need to be notarized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.