GaryC

The moment a teenage girl was stoned to death for loving the wrong boy

56 posts in this topic

Allrighty then, the whole thing is fcucked.

I was hoping for better, but that ain't gonna happen.

What do we do now? I say withdraw. Why? In or out, we are targets. Out is less of a target.

Oh well, I could make the point that I would rather be a target there where we have heavily armed solders that are equipped to deal with such things rather than innocent women and children being the target in our own country, but I can see it's an argument that is lost on some here.

Peace William.

I find the primary issue appalling.

However, having lived in the largest Muslim country and being married to a national of it, I disagree that religion is at the core. This is a Middle Eastern cultural practice. People do not get stoned in Indonesia. Occasional sectarian violence? yes. Honor killings? no.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Gary,

I disagree.

Aren't we supposed to be changing "hearts and minds"? Ridiculous, I know. But this is the reality of our Government.

This does include the core issue of this thread bro. It ain't gonna happen, as culture always rules.

Edit: for spelling...

No, we are not trying to "change the hearts and minds" I challenge you to show me where Bush ever said that was our goal.

Winning hearts and minds was the actual phrase used over and over. But we're not doing that either. :no:

Specifically because of this "we're rather fight them there than here" which translates into "we rather have them use Iraqi civilians for target practice" which translates into "Iraqi lives are worth less than American lives" arrogant stance that some people will never understand was the worst message that this country could have ever sent towards a people we were falsely claiming to liberate. ;)

Oh well, I could make the point that I would rather be a target there where we have heavily armed solders that are equipped to deal with such things rather than innocent women and children being the target in our own country, but I can see it's an argument that is lost on some here.
Edited by ET-US2004

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Small point. It seems this incident took place in the Kurdish part of the country according to OP article.... With the people we were supposedly allied with.

The Kurds being one of the groups subjected to ethnic cleansing by Saddam..

Edited by erekose

Someone remind me again: What are we over there fighting for exactly?

Oil. Plain and simple. We are not there to change things like this.

For all of you that say this is horrible, these people are animals, etc., you're only looking at it through the "Westerner" point of view. In this part of the world, things like stoning someone to death, while not commonplace, are not unheard of either. Although it's probably "illegal" in Kurdistan (not sure of the current legality) it's probably not going to be prosecuted either. This is a region where women are viewed to be the "property" of men. Wives to husbands, daughters to fathers, and female family members to the males of the family.

As previously pointed out, this isn't an "Islam" thing. It's a regional and cultural thing.

These types of stories are reported in "our" press (here in the States and in the UK) not to gain advocacy for females in that part of the world, but to change our hearts and minds as to what type of "enemy" we're fighting.

The Middle East is an extremely complex place with a culture vastly different from our own. So when you see stories from that part of the world, view them not just from your own perspective, but from their's as well.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

For all of you that say this is horrible, these people are animals, etc., you're only looking at it through the "Westerner" point of view. In this part of the world, things like stoning someone to death, while not commonplace, are not unheard of either. Although it's probably "illegal" in Kurdistan (not sure of the current legality) it's probably not going to be prosecuted either. This is a region where women are viewed to be the "property" of men. Wives to husbands, daughters to fathers, and female family members to the males of the family.

As previously pointed out, this isn't an "Islam" thing. It's a regional and cultural thing.

These types of stories are reported in "our" press (here in the States and in the UK) not to gain advocacy for females in that part of the world, but to change our hearts and minds as to what type of "enemy" we're fighting.

The Middle East is an extremely complex place with a culture vastly different from our own. So when you see stories from that part of the world, view them not just from your own perspective, but from their's as well.

I believe that every human being, no matter where they happen to be, has certain inalienable rights. Human rights. To be an ally of ours, a people should understand, subscribe to and live by that concept. Those that can't grasp that simple a concept would simply appear to be something other than human. After all, to be human is more than just to walk upright.

I believe that every human being, no matter where they happen to be, has certain inalienable rights. Human rights. To be an ally of ours, a people should understand, subscribe to and live by that concept. Those that can't grasp that simple a concept would simply appear to be something other than human. After all, to be human is more than just to walk upright.

Yes, but if we're going to proliferate all of Iraq's oil to the rest of the world so the Saudis and OPEC can raise prices for us here at home, we need upright people to be our allies, regardless of their views on killing 17-year-old girls. It's a dirty "business", but one that's necessary in our current state of affairs.

I wonder why we don't see that story on the news?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Yes, but if we're going to proliferate all of Iraq's oil to the rest of the world so the Saudis and OPEC can raise prices for us here at home, we need upright people to be our allies, regardless of their views on killing 17-year-old girls. It's a dirty "business", but one that's necessary in our current state of affairs.

I wonder why we don't see that story on the news?

You don't really wonder why, do you?

This type of thing exposes the lie that we're being fed by the gov't.

And I don't buy into this necessety argument that you are putting forth. There's absolutely nothing necessary about this. Not about this death and not about our alliance with these creatures. ** them!

Edited by ET-US2004

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It may not be a religious thing but nobody seems to hate muslims more than other muslims. There are certain pieces of other peoples "culture" that I choose not to accept. I choose not to be tolerant of whipping rocks at kids till blood pours out of the side of their head.

Edited by cmartyn

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

It may not be a religious thing but nobody seems to hate muslims more than other muslims. There are certain pieces of other peoples "culture" that I choose not to accept. I choose not to be tolerant of whipping rocks at kids till blood pours out of the side of their head.

Exactly!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

it boggles my mind that you have more HONOR added to your family if you are a murderer and kill your children versus being a good, loving parent. their sense of honor is completely screwed if you ask me.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
it boggles my mind that you have more HONOR added to your family if you are a murderer and kill your children versus being a good, loving parent. their sense of honoris completely screwed if you ask me.

That's just it....IMHO this ISN'T honour. It's about control, or being the ones in control.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

"Honor killing" is not about religion. There are ultra-conservative Jews, Christians and Sikhs who practice it, as well, altho it is not condoned by their faiths. "Shunning" is the less violent equivalent to death. Karen is right, it's about control. It's been perceived as moral and honorable because it's considered to be an effective means to discourage social upheaval by eliminating those who are disruptive to the traditional social order.

Filed: Other Timeline

No one? Not the Jews that beat a Jewish woman on a bus because she refused to sit in the back? Or the ultra orthodox Jew that murdered his own Prime Minister? Or name any number of hundreds of civil wars in the 20th century alone, many of which are still ongoing, which have nothing to do with Islam. And let's not forget how many Muslims have been killed by non-Muslims throughout history.

Your thinking is warped if you think your statement is actually true.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I dunno, I dont think anyone hates Muslims that much. Certainly Orthodox Jews might. But there are way more Muslims beatin on each other it seems. I guess when your powerless in your environment you lash out at the nearest thing. If it happens to be the neighbours kid, shoot what the heck, have to be a man somehow.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.