707 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, The Rock ll said:

Hello VJ Menbers..

just to vent out frustration....I was checking the app for late March to mid April filers and all I see is case received or REF ...not even a single Approval...this is absolutely unfair that other service centers r well into may or June and Hellbraska is still stuck on March..I was hoping that I might get approval in Dec ...well the  way things r looking I don’t even thing I will get  anything untill mid Feb...I don’t even feel like calling them and speaking...As I know there answer will be and will just shoot my BP through the roof...so Happy new year to All of you and see u next year and hoping every one will get there approvals next year...🙏

Hi, Plz take it easy, they probably have a back log going through loads of files. I am also yet they an approval but I did get an RFE but my wife didn’t receive it so we did an address change and now the status has gone back to ‘Case Was Received’. I know the wait can be annoying and anxiety seem to creep in with time but I believe and hope they we would start receiving some good news from Jan-Feb. just sit tight and enjoy the ride while it last. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Nebraska 

PD 4/11

Approved 10/23

Sent to NVC 11/1

Received case #, Receipt # by email from NVC

12/28😊😊😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Bini & Ladonna said:

Hi, Plz take it easy, they probably have a back log going through loads of files. I am also yet they an approval but I did get an RFE but my wife didn’t receive it so we did an address change and now the status has gone back to ‘Case Was Received’. I know the wait can be annoying and anxiety seem to creep in with time but I believe and hope they we would start receiving some good news from Jan-Feb. just sit tight and enjoy the ride while it last. 

It’s hard not to be frustrated when June filers are being approved at Texas but a 4/16 filer is still waiting. No RFE and no response to my inquiry for being outside of normal processing times. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, zeeshan916 said:

It’s hard not to be frustrated when June filers are being approved at Texas but a 4/16 filer is still waiting. No RFE and no response to my inquiry for being outside of normal processing times. 

I feel your pain. Am I happy? No! It feel like it’s taking forever  but there’s little one can do. Filed In early April and it was transferred to the Pontomac center back in early Nov. normally processing takes 9-11.5 months. I just try as much as possible to get my mind off it. Finger crossed

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bini & Ladonna said:

I feel your pain. Am I happy? No! It feel like it’s taking forever  but there’s little one can do. Filed In early April and it was transferred to the Pontomac center back in early Nov. normally processing takes 9-11.5 months. I just try as much as possible to get my mind off it. Finger crossed

Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. It’s just really frustrating that there is nothing we can do and the USCIS just tells us only to wait. It only gets worse when I keep checking the status 10 times a day but it’s hard not to either. The wait is just killing me. 

I feel like for mine, they would have at least sent an RFE or completely denied. Can’t imagine what would be causing such a delay.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, zeeshan916 said:

Sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. It’s just really frustrating that there is nothing we can do and the USCIS just tells us only to wait. It only gets worse when I keep checking the status 10 times a day but it’s hard not to either. The wait is just killing me. 

I feel like for mine, they would have at least sent an RFE or completely denied. Can’t imagine what would be causing such a delay.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I reckon they wouldn’t wait that long before one get denied. Most people don’t get an RFE and yet they still get approved. We are almost there. I even had to install the USCIS mobile app on my phone. I think I check mine more than 10 times in a day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

My husband just called and sent me our Notice of Action (N-797)

:dance::wub::goofy:

NEBRASKA

PD 4/13

Approved 12/21 (252 days) only knew from the mail

We called USCIS on 2018-12-19 and talked with a person from Customer service and she just said that we need to wait that it's not far away. My husband called yesterday but got answer only from automatic reply of USCIS and it didn't say about approval. If you want to inquire valid info try to reach person of USCIS customer service Tier 1/Tier 2 representative.

Good luck to all who waits!

Timeline

The USCIS website shows that they sent a response to my inquiry about my case being outside normal processing times. I did not receive any email. For my inquiry about the K3, I received an email response. This is getting even more frustrating.

TSC

NOA1: 4/16

6 hours ago, zeeshan916 said:

The USCIS website shows that they sent a response to my inquiry about my case being outside normal processing times. I did not receive any email. For my inquiry about the K3, I received an email response. This is getting even more frustrating.

TSC

I feel you! We are at the same boat now, tsc 04/25, no news. 

I saw one couple who waited for their noa2 almost a year at Potomac, there was nothing that they didnt do.. and almost after a year they got approved. That was early autumn and I was so glad that we are at tsc, especially when approvals started to pop out in early October... Lol, I hate tsc now..

Good luck to others!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Schalcon said:

I feel you! We are at the same boat now, tsc 04/25, no news. 

I saw one couple who waited for their noa2 almost a year at Potomac, there was nothing that they didnt do.. and almost after a year they got approved. That was early autumn and I was so glad that we are at tsc, especially when approvals started to pop out in early October... Lol, I hate tsc now..

Good luck to others!

Why is Potomac service center lagging behind other service centers? Potomac are still in 15th Jan, 2017 when other centers are way into 3rd June, 2017. Are they handling the more complicated cases hence the delay ? My rent expires in 4 months. Do I renew or not? I wish they could speed things up so I would know what I’m doing 😢

2 hours ago, Bini & Ladonna said:

Why is Potomac service center lagging behind other service centers? Potomac are still in 15th Jan, 2017 when other centers are way into 3rd June, 2017. Are they handling the more complicated cases hence the delay ? My rent expires in 4 months. Do I renew or not? I wish they could speed things up so I would know what I’m doing 😢

Good question! Potomac is the most mysterious sc to me, lol. No offence. 

It could be a small center but they still get tons of petiotions, maybe that’s the problem. Dont give up!

Edited by Schalcon

Timeline
1 minute ago, Schalcon said:

Good question! Potomac is the most mysterious sc to me, lol. No offence. 

It could be a small center but they still get tons of petiotions, maybe that’s the problem. Dont give up!

I won’t give up. Thanks 

Timeline
On 12/29/2018 at 6:29 PM, zeeshan916 said:

TSC

Called them today and they said they mailed out the response to the inquiry. It’s the same predetermined “you’ll receive a decision or notice of further action within 60 days.”

its already one month outside the normal times. Ridiculous!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, zeeshan916 said:

Called them today and they said they mailed out the response to the inquiry. It’s the same predetermined “you’ll receive a decision or notice of further action within 60 days.”

its already one month outside the normal times. Ridiculous!!!

Wow on the website for us it says an officer has been assigned to mines as well x we are outside the normal processing time . Have you try writing your congressman or house of representative ? That’s what I did last week 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, MrsMensah said:

Wow on the website for us it says an officer has been assigned to mines as well x we are outside the normal processing time . Have you try writing your congressman or house of representative ? That’s what I did last week 

Twice. No response from the congresswoman at all. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.