707 posts in this topic

Timeline
16 hours ago, Apelcina said:

NOA2 is the day they approved it but you can receive the letter later and on the letter they will say when it was actually approved. For instance, you get the letter on 15th Nov but on the letter it might say it was approved on the 10th November (this is the NOA2). Just an example.

NVC wont tell you it's received unless, a. you call them to find out, b. you send them an email and ask them to attach your email address to the USCIS receipt number, so when they receive it they will update you. Most people follow option a.

If you just wait and don't do anything the NVC will eventually inform you that you have been assigned a case number and they will do this once they've received and processed your i130 and got an email address from it.

Okay, so, my next steps are:

1. Wait for my NOA2 (which comes from the USCIS) - in which the USCIS will tell me that my petition was approved and sent to the NVC

2. Then I should start calling the NVC (or email them)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Farsal said:

Anyone from nebraska servicing center hear back with there NOA2  for April filers? Just very anxious to hear back, all they have been telling me its processing as normal and no further docs required , when can i hear back ?

We as well waiting 🙁 our case has already reached 202 days

Are there more April filers who got approved recently at TSC? Approvals suddenly stopped and it feels like torture, some got approved and others left behind.. 

Don’t forget to update your timeline! Thank you!

❤️

Edited by Schalcon

Finally approved! Old site shows it, but new site does not.

Potomac

NOA1: April 19th, 2018
NOA2: November 2nd, 2018

Good luck everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Received NOA2 by letter October 29 with a Notice Date of 10/23. Nebraska SEvice Center (NSC). Yesterday  11/1, I received an email stating my case has been sent to the Department of State  (NVC) for visa processing. Same information on my USCIS app.

On 11/2/2018 at 3:35 AM, Schalcon said:

Are there more April filers who got approved recently at TSC? Approvals suddenly stopped and it feels like torture, some got approved and others left behind.. 

Don’t forget to update your timeline! Thank you!

❤️

Absolutely! Waiting with great anticipation! 

23 hours ago, SundaySunday said:

Received NOA2 by letter October 29 with a Notice Date of 10/23. Nebraska SEvice Center (NSC). Yesterday  11/1, I received an email stating my case has been sent to the Department of State  (NVC) for visa processing. Same information on my USCIS app.

When did yiu file ? And yours is in the nebraska service center?

Just an update, here's my timeline:

Mailing date - April 9, 2018
Case Received - April 16, 2018
Approved - Oct. 5, 2018
Case Was Sent To The Department of State - Oct. 17, 2018

So my question is, what would be the next step for "Case Was Sent To The Department of State?"

Just wait? Is it necessary to call NVC or not?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, ces07 said:

Just an update, here's my timeline:

Mailing date - April 9, 2018
Case Received - April 16, 2018
Approved - Oct. 5, 2018
Case Was Sent To The Department of State - Oct. 17, 2018

So my question is, what would be the next step for "Case Was Sent To The Department of State?"

Just wait? Is it necessary to call NVC or not?

Thanks!

You are US CITIZEN? 

Have any of you been assigned Case number? I called the NVC and my case was received Oct 30th but the guy said it can take up to 8 weeks before they get it into the system.... with thanksgiving and Christmas coming up I guess it won't get assigned until the end of January.... 

Timeline
3 hours ago, A&H Rincon said:

Have any of you been assigned Case number? I called the NVC and my case was received Oct 30th but the guy said it can take up to 8 weeks before they get it into the system.... with thanksgiving and Christmas coming up I guess it won't get assigned until the end of January.... 

I would hope Thanksgiving doesn't give them an excuse to slow down much on it...Thanksgiving is just two days off of work.  

Now, Christmas week plus New Years is a good week off of work for some people, so that is true. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

NVC received my case on 10/27, still waiting. This 8 weeks is the standard answer they give to us, but it is taking generally 4-6 weeks from NOA2 date. I complete 4 weeks tomorrow, nothing new here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.