707 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, jennywhite421 said:

Same centre, just had it approved. We filed 20th April 2018 so soon for you I hope 

Our case was approved too

My husband called today and they told him that its was approved on 19 oct they sent the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 hours ago, jennywhite421 said:

Our petition was approved and sent to the DOS. We filed for a CR1 on the 20th April and yesterday it moved! I thought it would be longer than six months!!!  I'm shocked and happy :) I wanted to let all you April filers know that the leadtime on the Pomotac website is over compensating (8.5 months+) and I'm guessing wanted to give you some hope!

Congratulations and thank you 

Nice nice feeling 

21 hours ago, Guysmiley said:

Called USCIS on Monday night and the guy I spoke to was rude and said it would be at least 1.5 more months before my petition is adjudicated.  Texas Service Center, NOA1 April 6th old site, April 10th new site. 200 days waiting so far.  I really hope the tier 2 officer I spoke to was incorrect. I will call back on Friday.  Contacting my Congressman's office to inquire today.  This wait is killing me and it is even worse for my wife in the Philippines.  Any one else at Texas Service Center with late March/Early April NOA1 still waiting on NOA2?

Hey! I’m still waiting on NOA2 - new site 04/05/2018. We haven’t called yet, but sounds like we might have to. 

7 hours ago, catmonkey said:

Wait what?   I thought everyone was just waiting until our status on the USCIS site changed or until we received a letter?  We're supposed to be calling them now?

NVC should notify you when they generate a case number and invoice identification number but not when they receive it. To find that out you need to call them, and a lot of people do this as you can get notice of receipt and the case number faster than just waiting.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
12 hours ago, catmonkey said:

Wait what?   I thought everyone was just waiting until our status on the USCIS site changed or until we received a letter?  We're supposed to be calling them now?

There is a status update on the USCIS site only until they send our case to DOS. After that, USCIS has nothing to concern with our cases. U can start calling the NVC after 10 days from the date they sent ur case to DOS to find out if they recieved ur case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey Everyone

This Morning I received an email Notification saying that My case was approved yesterday October 23rd 2018. 

The new Website has not yet updated, Still waiting on the Paper Mail to come. 

NOA 1: 03/23/2018

NOA 2: 10/23/2018 (email confirmation) 

Potomac Service Center

Timeline
14 hours ago, Apelcina said:

NVC should notify you when they generate a case number and invoice identification number but not when they receive it. To find that out you need to call them, and a lot of people do this as you can get notice of receipt and the case number faster than just waiting.

So if you call, you can gain the knowledge that the NVC has received your case faster than just waiting...but it won't actually make your file move any faster correct?

9 hours ago, catmonkey said:

So if you call, you can gain the knowledge that the NVC has received your case faster than just waiting...but it won't actually make your file move any faster correct?

Yes, I don't think calling them makes them work any faster but they appear to be slow with communicating actions on your case so calling them can get you that information earlier.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/21/2018 at 1:46 PM, A&H Rincon said:

Here another Filer from April 2018,

I-130 sent: 4/5/2018

I-130 received: 4/6/2018

Email notification and check cashed: 4/09/2018

Potomac

How do you know if your check has been cashed? 

8 minutes ago, Ginie2010 said:

How do you know if your check has been cashed? 

Just check your bank statements. Unless you made a mistake writing the check it will be cash almost at the same time you get the NOA1

28 minutes ago, D & T said:

Our petition was received at NVC today! Gonna call them every other day to get our case number

I thought the best idea was to call once a week. I called on Monday and they said it could take up to 2 months before they asign case number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 minute ago, A&H Rincon said:

Just check your bank statements. Unless you made a mistake writing the check it will be cash almost at the same time you get the NOA1

My lawyer sent it for me.  But i dont know how to check if the check has been cashed or no . Or should i ask him

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.