travelerjohn2012

K1 visa bringing illegitimate child on k2

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have friends doing K1 visas who are bringing the children of their fiance over as well.  They are both illegitimate children.  Has anyone from the Philippines recently been approved.  What kind of documentation do they need?  Being under 8 years old and illegitimate I know gives the mother full custody in the Philippines.  I am just trying to help my friends.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the PI forum, from K1 P&P - Parental rights and custody vary from Country to Country and the OP is asking for Country specific answers.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

44 minutes ago, travelerjohn2012 said:

I have friends doing K1 visas who are bringing the children of their fiance over as well.  They are both illegitimate children.  Has anyone from the Philippines recently been approved.  What kind of documentation do they need?  Being under 8 years old and illegitimate I know gives the mother full custody in the Philippines.  I am just trying to help my friends.  

If the children are illegitimate as is there is no father on the birth certificate then the mother has full custody of the children and nothing else is needed. If the father is on the birth certificate then you might want to get an approval for them to leave the country from them.

Timeline

I was hoping for someone who actually went through the process already.  The Philippine law states that even if the father is on the birth certificate the child is still illegitimate if they are not married.  The father is actually married to another woman. .he had an affair with my friends fiance.

26 minutes ago, travelerjohn2012 said:

I was hoping for someone who actually went through the process already.  The Philippine law states that even if the father is on the birth certificate the child is still illegitimate if they are not married.  The father is actually married to another woman. .he had an affair with my friends fiance.

Ok, well if she has the actual physical custody of the child then there will not be a problem at all in regards to USEM. I have not dealt with this but I have helped people out with this. The reason why I brought up the father is we have seen it on here where the child's father is not in the picture until he somehow finds out that his child is going to the USA. Then all of a sudden he wants some money to allow the child to leave the Philippines.

But like I said if the child is illegitimate and she has physical custody of the child then there is no issue at all in regards to USEM.

Timeline

Oh yes I am sure that probably happens quite often.  But yes I am 100% positive of the child being illegitimate.  She had to provide a cenomar to get the child a passport.  I was wondering if the USEM required any futher proof. 

11 minutes ago, travelerjohn2012 said:

Oh yes I am sure that probably happens quite often.  But yes I am 100% positive of the child being illegitimate.  She had to provide a cenomar to get the child a passport.  I was wondering if the USEM required any futher proof. 

No, this is a pretty common issue with the Philippines unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, travelerjohn2012 said:

What happens if the father tries to cause problems or ask for money not to cause problems.  

If the father is on the birth certificate then he can cause problems, usually money will help suffice for that. If he is not on the birth certificate then don't worry about it.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, travelerjohn2012 said:

As you already know the mother has full custody.  You need nothing from the father.

The children need to be listed on the I-129F.   Once the petition has been approved and it finally arrives in Manila a separate DS-160 must be completed for each along with;  visa fees, schedule interview, medicals and lastly CFO

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-129f-petition-process.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

As you already know the mother has full custody.  You need nothing from the father.

The children need to be listed on the I-129F.   Once the petition has been approved and it finally arrives in Manila a separate DS-160 must be completed for each along with;  visa fees, schedule interview, medicals and lastly CFO

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-129f-petition-process.html

I guess what I am asking is..what proof do they need to show that they have full custody. ..or is it birth certificate and cenomar good enough. .?

Timeline

Hank ..I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse...the one couple the father is not on the BC and the cenomar. ..

The 2nd set of friends. . The father is on the BC but he is married to another woman and my friends fiance does have a cenomar. ..which of course proves the child is illegitimate and he is under 8 years old...so in conclusion  ..lol..

I can tell my friends no worries? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, travelerjohn2012 said:

Hank ..I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse...the one couple the father is not on the BC and the cenomar. ..

The 2nd set of friends. . The father is on the BC but he is married to another woman and my friends fiance does have a cenomar. ..which of course proves the child is illegitimate and he is under 8 years old...so in conclusion  ..lol..

No worries

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, travelerjohn2012 said:

No worries.

I know of hundreds upon hundreds that have processed through with an illegitimate child, none had any issues because of this.  As long as the child is traveling with the mother .. no worries.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.