Vi Mazzella

Discrimination...

157 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Faith is believing in the absence of proof.

It's one thing to believe in something in the absence of proof.

It's quite another to stubbornly hang onto unfounded beliefs in the presence

of proof to the contrary.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

You believe in God, you don't believe in God, it is all fine with me. No matter. The thing is, is treat your brother and sister with love and respect. Know they are your brothers and sisters.

Belief in God is personal, noone has the proof for sure.

But one thing we do have the proof on is more than 85% of Americans were cheering for this Bloodbath we call Iraq. Now too many are screaming bloody murder, that there is too much blood!!

Well that it is a proven fact that Iraq never had WMD's before we thought we would slaughter, so I think over 85% of American's need to be more cool and smart to judge before they scream go or laugh at a movie theater employee.

I know I know. All the people in VJ were part of that 15% and I like that very much. For us to realize we are brothers and sisters and not vampires with a need for blood.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I think it's safe to say that if one believes in creationism, one believes in God.
Yes, this is true. However, you seem to be missing MY point. Belief in God does NOT require believing in creationism. There are MANY people who believe in one and not the other. Again, my post said that I believe that one is a dumbass for believing in creationism, not for believing in God. Don't accuse semantics in lieu of reading more closely (:
And I think mocking a person's faith by calling him/her a dumbass is rude & disrespectful.
Perhaps it is. So is inferring that it is impossible for someone to have a moral compass unless someone believes in the same religious dogma that they do. That happens to people all the time too. So, sometimes, some people are rude. It's the nature of humanity. No unique insights there Lisa. (:
Just because you can't wrap your head around it doesn't make it wrong or make you intellectually superior.
Hey, I never claimed to be intellectually superior. I claim to have a different opinion. Obviously I have that opinion because I believe it is superior to all others. If I thought someone else had a better opinion, then, being a rational fellow, I would adopt that opinion.
Point is, none of us know...we can only guess by what we've learned/believe.
Certainly true.
Faith is believing in the absence of proof. Yes, I'll grant you...faith itself is illogical to the analytical mind.
You are so wise Lisa (:
Doesn't make it inferior tho
Aha! This is a value judgment. Whether or not a position is inferior is subject to the determination (judgment) of an individual. Some people elect to view evolution as an inferior position. Some people elect to view creationism as an inferior position. Both judgments can exist simultaneously, and without conflict. It's the nature of an opinion and what happens when you live in a universe where there is no "universal truth".

I fully realize that I may actually have an incorrect, or inferior position with respect to evolution vs. creationism. I make make allowance for the fact that I COULD be wrong. Can the average creationist do the same? I argue that no, they can't. They will go right on believing in something, despite any evidence to the contrary. In my book, THIS is the fact that make it an inferior position, not the general believe itself.

Faith is believing in the absence of proof.
It's one thing to believe in something in the absence of proof.It's quite another to stubbornly hang onto unfounded beliefs in the presenceof proof to the contrary.
Yes, exactly!!!! Gold star for mawilson!
Absolutely.
But one thing we do have the proof on is more than 85% of Americans were cheering for this Bloodbath we call Iraq.
So perhaps I should revise my previous statement to indicate that we can safely move the "dumbass quotient" in America to 51% to 85%? I'll go along with that.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Everyone should definately believe in something.

I believe Ill have a beer afterwork.

BTW, you will most likely find out all of this on your inevitable utimate day on earth. :whistle:

CHEERS :thumbs:

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Timeline
You believe in God, you don't believe in God, it is all fine with me. No matter. The thing is, is treat your brother and sister with love and respect. Know they are your brothers and sisters.

But one thing we do have the proof on is more than 85% of Americans were cheering for this Bloodbath we call Iraq. Now too many are screaming bloody murder, that there is too much blood!!

Well that it is a proven fact that Iraq never had WMD's before we thought we would slaughter, so I think over 85% of American's need to be more cool and smart to judge before they scream go or laugh at a movie theater employee.

I know I know. All the people in VJ were part of that 15% and I like that very much. For us to realize we are brothers and sisters and not vampires with a need for blood.

I can't remember any poll showing 85% support for the Iraq war. Proof, please.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
83% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This thread is now about Cheese.

Discuss.

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
83% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This thread is now about Cheese.

Discuss.

I believe Cheese created human kind :lol:

"from cheese we come, and cheese shall we become"

One note though: I believe in evolution AND God...ha! why? because

*At the beginning of time, there was this mass of gas floating around...and suddenly, the Big Bang! Entire Galaxies were created! no scientific explanation on why that happened, it just...did

*then, for millions of years, the earth was just a lifeless inert mass...and suddenly, chan! there was life! (no scientific explanation there either)

*the perfect order of the universe, from the planetary movement down to the complexity of a human cell and atoms seem to scream there is a bigger, more powerfull source behind it. That, for me, is God

Evolution does not probe God does not exist...it just means what it is, that the bible is an spiritual book, not a biology one, and shouldn't be taken literally :no: the story of the creation of the world and men should be read like this "All that happened, happened because God wanted it like that. Not by random. And should He have decided otherwise, we'd still be a lifeless, inert mass"

When they finally find the scientific explanation for the Big Bang and the beginning of life, my words will be the same "everything happened, because it was God's will, not by random"

Ta daaa

:dance:

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline

http://www.usatoday.com/news/polls/tables/live/0326.htm

2. Do you favor or oppose the U.S. war with Iraq?

Favor Oppose No opinion

2003 Mar 24-25 71 27 2

2003 Mar 22-23 72 25 3

http://www.usiraqprocon.org/pop/Resources-Polls.html

.F.6. "Do you think the United States has or has not presented strong evidence showing that Iraq is trying to develop nuclear weapons?"

Date Taken Has Has Not No Opinion

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,82357,00.html

The latest FOX News poll, conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corporation, finds that fully 78 percent of Americans support (66 percent “strongly” support) taking action to disarm Iraq and remove Saddam Hussein from power and 18 percent oppose. Earlier this month support for action was at 71 percent (54 percent “strongly” supported) with 20 percent opposed.

Feb. 9, 2003 62% 33% 5%

Timeline
Hrmm...can't find 85% in any of those :wacko:

ok ok

i will admit it

fine you all win

i am definitely racist

i do not like the people from England

but i like people from Texas less

ahhh your not from texas, that is just your service center

but you should be

hahahaah

move there

you will like it there!!

:)~

ok ok

i will admit it

fine you all win

i am definitely racist

but you should be

hahahaah

move there

you will like it there!!

good luck with that! :unsure:

Timeline

ok ok

i will admit it

fine you all win

i am definitely racist

but you should be

hahahaah

move there

you will like it there!!

good luck with that! :unsure:

i thought that the whole time

it was like when they broke into the cafeteria and broke all the eggs

Favor Oppose No opinion

2003 Mar 24-25 71 27 2

2003 Mar 22-23 72 25 3

.F.6. "Do you think the United States has or has not presented strong evidence showing that Iraq is trying to develop nuclear weapons?"

The latest FOX News poll, conducted by Opinion Dynamics Corporation, finds that fully 78 percent of Americans support (66 percent “strongly” support) taking action to disarm Iraq and remove Saddam Hussein from power and 18 percent oppose. Earlier this month support for action was at 71 percent (54 percent “strongly” supported) with 20 percent opposed.

Feb. 9, 2003 62% 33% 5%

I know math education in the US needs to improve, but even *I* know that that is NOT 85%. Try again, dear.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Timeline

Favor Oppose No opinion

2003 Mar 24-25 71 27 2

2003 Mar 22-23 72 25 3

Feb. 9, 2003 62% 33% 5%

I know math education in the US needs to improve, but even *I* know that that is NOT 85%. Try again, dear.

Now I do get one from England in Texas

yes

my lucky day

The KKK are racist to all people non white

but what would you call me who is ONLY racist to Enlish(less) and Texans(more)?? Well actually most of the South seems a little to Good ol' Boy to me

but that is neither here nor there

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.